"Get ready for iPhone"

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
"Get ready for iPhone"
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2007-06-14, 15:52

there was a thread on macrumors forums comparing the new promo pics to january's... and the hand used is clearly different, making the newer pics appear to have a smaller iphone.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=314389
TednDi

2007-06-14, 16:53

pricing the iphone without a discount is pure genius on the part of apple. When they break with ATT they can sell unsubsidized iphones unlocked and nobody will blink about the price.
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-06-14, 17:15

By the time Apple can break with AT&T, the price should be a lot lower anyway.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-06-18, 20:21

I guess this is the best place to put this, so, any ideas about the iPhone and iSync? If it uses iSync/.mac sync services, are we looking at the prospect of OTA syncing? That would be a Blackberry killer. I can't believe no one's asked about this yet...
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2007-06-18, 22:01

I'm pretty sure it's using Sync Services on OS X, at least that's what I think iTunes uses (as does iSync). Soooooo....
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2007-06-18, 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
I'm pretty sure it's using Sync Services on OS X, at least that's what I think iTunes uses (as does iSync). Soooooo....
If it does OTA syncing I might have to cut up my credit cards RIGHT NOW. I've been waiting for that since I first used a BB a couple years ago. Of course, I had to use the abysmal Lotus Notes, so leaving the BB was pretty easy. But, damn, that was slick.
jcoley2
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jcoley2  
2007-06-19, 11:00

I was just walking up Madison Ave. in NYC and there is a large AT&T store at 45th with a line going around the block. I was thinking. . .kind of early to be lining up for the iPhone. But then again I was thinking maybe they got an early one and people were lining up to see it, so I went over to line and asked: "Are you lined up for the new iPhone?" The lady looked puzzled and then said: "No, we are here to apply for a job!"

What a dope I was . . . .

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2007-06-19, 11:07

A line around the block for jobs at AT&T? Is there something special about working there that I'm missing?
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2007-06-19, 11:20

discounted iphone?
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2007-06-19, 11:21

Actually, I believe that Apple has specifically said, at least for this model, that OTA syncing is out of the question... for now. It needs to be docked; I'm almost positive. But it will happen. Oddly, I don't even think it uses BT for syncing.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2007-06-19, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
Actually, I believe that Apple has specifically said, at least for this model, that OTA syncing is out of the question... for now. It needs to be docked; I'm almost positive. But it will happen. Oddly, I don't even think it uses BT for syncing.
Crap. I was hoping that iSync/.mac would actually be *useful* but I guess that's just a fucking pipe dream that I use to justify my $100/yr. It better be implemented by the time reupping .mac comes around. Or else.

Who am I kidding? I'm beholden to my .mac email address (or, more accurately, my wife's beholden to hers)...
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2007-06-19, 12:11

i was looking around for iphone stuff and came upon this...

http://matthewpeach.com/iphone/

iphone app manager... kinda cool at the very least. should be interesting to see if it actually works on an iphone.