Page 7 of 48 First Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  Next Last Thread Tools
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-05-21, 14:40

>FFL> like a proud dad....
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-05-21, 14:42

hey, if I was THAT proud, I would have cleaned up a little before taking the photo!
YS 2003

2005-05-21, 19:50

here is my set up. it's messy, i admit. sorry about the large pix.

My setup.

MOD EDIT: Changed inline images to links. Please keep images to around 600 pixels wide, please. Larger images mess up formatting for people with smaller displays. - murbot

YS2003 (Mac head)
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-05-21, 20:01

Holy crap man. Do I see 3 powerbooks, 2 peecee laptops, one of those CompUSA "mac" keyboards, 2 cinema displays, 2 high-end logitech mice, and a desktop PC?

You ask me for a hamburger.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-05-21, 20:04

Very nice setup.
Ah, I see the key piece of equipment that was missing from my pic:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg beer.jpg (43.9 KB, 798 views)
YS 2003

2005-05-21, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
Holy crap man. Do I see 3 powerbooks, 2 peecee laptops, one of those CompUSA "mac" keyboards, 2 cinema displays, 2 high-end logitech mice, and a desktop PC?
I have 12" PB 1.5 Ghz SD, 15" PB 1.25 Ghz SD, 15" Ti PB, Dell X200 ultra portable for work, HP Pavilion laptop, and one other outside the picture frame, 20" ACD, 23" ACD, 250 GB LaCie, 160 GB LaCie, Wacom pad, Logitech MX1000, MX 900, Keyboard/mouse Gyration for my HP notebook, Apple keyboards (BT and regular one), Kensington thin Apple keyboard (much thinner than Apple keyboard), 1st Gen iPod and new iPod min 6GB, and on and on. Oh, and a bottle of Asahi beer......

YS2003 (Mac head)
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2005-05-21, 20:16

Then the camera zooms out to show your corrugated metal shack and cardboard furniture, all you can afford because you spend all your money on ACDs, Powerbooks, and (God help you) Peecees. Oh, nice wacom. You have good taste.

YS 2003

2005-05-21, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
Then the camera zooms out to show your corrugated metal shack and cardboard furniture, all you can afford because you spend all your money on ACDs, Powerbooks, and (God help you) Peecees. Oh, nice wacom. You have good taste.
Yeah, I know I need to work on the furniture. I want the desks with those wheels so that they can be moved around easier. Both of those computer desks are pretty sturdy and have been holding my machines and accessorie well. I like thse IKEA-esque furniture. About those PCs, I have sinned. I basically use my HP notebook for MS Money for money management, Compaq Preasrio (my first notebook I bought ever) for, well, just surf webs when I feel like it. But, 95% of my time with computers at home is with my PBs. The Dell is my work PC and it is a work horse weathering daily beating as I am in sales and am on the roads most of the time.

YS2003 (Mac head)

Last edited by YS 2003 : 2005-05-21 at 20:27.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2005-05-21, 20:50

I've done a lot with my setup in the past couple weeks, so I figured I'd post an update.

First, the computer is a 12" iBook G4 running both its display and the external 15" CRT (spanning like it should). The room is dark except for the rope lighting around the tube-frame of the desk. It also goes directly under the desk where the keyboard is, which lights up the keyboard nicely. There's also a Targus CoolPad, printer near bottom (with Apple logo sticker), Creative speakers (subwoofer on shelf behind printer), Apple keyboard, MS mouse, and (most importantly) duct tape.

On the other side of the room, I have another desk with a Powermac 6100 running system 7.5.5, and a peecee running '98, which I keep to throw things at when somebody says "I don't like Macs".

Not the most high-end setup, but at least I'm not in danger of spec whore-hood.

zman2005

2005-05-21, 21:24

So You can't do that backround see through thing w/out photoshop? Photoshop cost 700 bucks right. I looked at macupdate and thats how much. Whats with that. I wish I had a simple editing image software or something to make xmas cards with.
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2005-05-22, 00:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2005
So You can't do that backround see through thing w/out photoshop? Photoshop cost 700 bucks right. I looked at macupdate and thats how much. Whats with that. I wish I had a simple editing image software or something to make xmas cards with.
GIMPshop - Free
Graphics Converter - Shareware ($30)
PhotoShop Elements - PhotoShop-lite ($79)
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-05-22, 00:50

And if you were a .Mac member they provided PhotoStudio for free.
MacHead05-Inf

Send a message via AIM to MacHead05-Inf Send a message via Yahoo to MacHead05-Inf  
2005-05-22, 11:37

My setup.

Simple & Clean!

17inch 1.33GHz PowerPC G4
512MB RAM
80GB hard drive
DVD-/+r

MOD EDIT: Changed inline images to links. Please keep images to around 600 pixels wide, please. Larger images mess up formatting for people with smaller displays. - murbot
tray

Send a message via ICQ to tray Send a message via AIM to tray Send a message via MSN to tray  
2005-05-22, 18:01

the general overview of my setup:

and here's some detail pics....

my g4 desk, (and my powerbook which is on the other desk) printers, scanners, surround sound receiver (both the g4 desktop and the g5 are hooked up to the receiver, and another one in the living room), hula guy from hawaii, danish flag from danmark (duh), my stash of printer paper

my g5 desk (not a bad desk for $10 from a rummage sale. heh)... holding my 30" cinema display, my 17" powerbook (with isight... which is actually connected to my g5... but if i put the isight on my monitor it just shoots right over my head. :-) ), my stash of blank cds and dvds, air in a can and cleaning solution. also behind the powerbook is my three external hard drives, my digital/analog video converter, card reader for my digital camera, and a bunch of other random stuff.

and yes.. that is a powerstrip taped to the wall....

between the two desks is my g4 tower. 'old faithful' i should call it. it has survived 6 years of use from me (and i bought it used... heh). also a mess of cords which have GOT to be a fire hazard!

and here's a close up of my hard drives stacked on my desk. yes.. the 250gig hard drive lights up. :-)
Jason
Veteran Member

2005-05-22, 18:40

What amazes me is how you guys have such beautiful expensive equipment and yet your rooms are so untidy. I could never live like that.

And Tray....didn't your mother ever tell you about throwing dirty clothes on the floor?

tray

Send a message via ICQ to tray Send a message via AIM to tray Send a message via MSN to tray  
2005-05-22, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
What amazes me is how you guys have such beautiful expensive equipment and yet your rooms are so untidy. I could never live like that.

And Tray....didn't your mother ever tell you about throwing dirty clothes on the floor?

whoever said that women are more tidy than men... obviously never met me.

and actually.. all the clothes on my floor are clean. (believe it or not) and that thing under my desk.. that's actually a blanket since my feet always get cold. :-)

beware of flying rubber chickens

serious
Kiren

Send a message via ICQ to Kiren Send a message via AIM to Kiren Send a message via MSN to Kiren Send a message via Yahoo to Kiren  
2005-05-22, 20:34

From left to right: 12" powerbook 1.5GHz/superdrive, HP Laserjet 2100, Some cables and an iSight, Sharp 17" LCD, G4 Cube 450MHz/512MB/GeForce FX 5200, some tools and parts from aforementioned cube.

*edit* peeking out from behind the cube my NASA mug.

Last edited by Kiren : 2005-05-22 at 20:40.
surjones

2005-05-23, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjones

Sorry about my wideangle lens, kind of rounds stuff off.
A little update on my setup

Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2005-05-23, 11:15

Damn this thread makes me sad. all i have is my 15 and a 2.1 harmon kardon speaker setup
surjones

2005-05-23, 17:21

After looking at my updated top picture, I see somehow that it got squished, my 23" 's look like 12" 's and my G5 looks like a Stubby5.. hahah
Amadeus

2005-05-23, 19:43

Nice pictures, thanks for posting.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-05-24, 01:14

>>Tray>> clean clothes on the floor That's quite a room. Reminds me a being a student.
daftgem

2005-05-28, 15:26

My setup here at school. 12in 1.5ghz PB, 17in Sony LCD, 120GB external drive in Rosewill enclosure and Logitech accesories around.

tray

2005-06-09, 22:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Josef
>>Tray>> clean clothes on the floor That's quite a room. Reminds me a being a student.
yea.. many times i feel like a student in my room.. since i don't even have a door. :-P my apartment is only a 2 bedroom with a loft. and our loft we turned into my room. my mattress is sitting on my floor... i got one desk for free from my friend.. and the other i bought for $10 at a rummage sale... and the other desk was a door turned into a desk. heh. it's so random. :-)

beware of flying rubber chickens

serious
kimchicowboy

2005-06-10, 11:51

my main computer:

my old PC used to run VCDs and Divx movies on my 23" LCD TV.

why won't my pics show?
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-06-10, 13:20

Are you hosting them on a server?
Are you using the [img]web address goes here[/img] tags correctly?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-10, 13:22

He's formatting the syntax correctly, but his server denies image hotlinking.
RC23

2005-06-10, 15:21

julesstoop
Veteran Member

2005-06-10, 16:27

@kimchicowboy:
What is an anti-iPod?
liam

Send a message via AIM to liam  
2005-06-11, 03:38

I am English I love my screen wipes too !!