User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Are the new displays a hint of the new G5 iMac?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Are the new displays a hint of the new G5 iMac?
matt

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via Yahoo to matt  
2004-07-22, 21:50

Today I was at the Apple store and I noticed the new aluminum displays, very sexy....but not as breath-taking as the previoius displays, IMO.

Anyway, the new displays have "consumer" white along the sides with the 3G iPod buttons, very cool feature. This makes me think that "consumer" white and "pro" aluminum may be joining forces. Maybe, the new iMac G5 will be a mix of the two. This could be ugly, but come on its Apple we are talking about. And good ole' Stevie will not release an ugly iMac, will he?

Regardless my order will be placed the day those babies go live!
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2004-07-22, 22:22

Well I hope so. I'm partial to the aluminum stuff. It looks more "durable". Sadly I won't be able to get the 1st gen iMac3 but I'll be first in line for the second. That pretty much guarantees me at least a 2Gh G5. Yeaaaah baby!

omgwtfbbq
iMeowbot

2004-07-22, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt
Maybe, the new iMac G5 will be a mix of the two. This could be ugly, but come on its Apple we are
The G5 still ships with a so-called "consumer white" keyboard and mouse, and recent PowerBooks use "consumer white" power adapters, and all the Apple cables match that appearance too. The two looks are clearly intended to be complementary on one system, not really indicative of separate product lines.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-07-22, 22:51

I've never been a fan of the "consumer white" keyboard/mouse shipping with the G5 systems, nor the "consumer white" power adaptors on PowerBooks. I wish Apple had a more consistent design philosophy that extended to these essential peripherals for their PRO line-up. I don't understand what their reasoning is for shipping the "consumer white" stuff with their PRO lines?

But, yeah, maybe - with the advent of the iPod and these new displays, the white/aluminium look will become the norm. Who knows? :shrugs:

All I want is a simple life
twitter
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-07-22, 22:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMeowbot
The G5 still ships with a so-called "consumer white" keyboard and mouse, and recent PowerBooks use "consumer white" power adapters, and all the Apple cables match that appearance too. The two looks are clearly intended to be complementary on one system, not really indicative of separate product lines.
As I sit here looking at my iSight and its aluminum body with a white FireWire cable, I think I get your drift.