User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Ok, so who did i convince to buy Firefly?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Ok, so who did i convince to buy Firefly?
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2008-01-02, 23:50

When the forums were down, i was talking with a few people in the AN chat room while watching an episode of Firefly. One of them took my suggestion to download the entire Firefly series off of iTunes. Unfortunately, i have no idea who i was speaking with. So just to stop myself from going insane, can you reply to this thread and tell me how you liked it?

That, and any other Firefly fans my comment as well

I'll be in my bunk....

ps, could some kind mod or admin fix my thread title to read "who did i" rather than "i did i"? thanks!

Last edited by ThunderPoit : 2008-01-03 at 00:21.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2008-01-02, 23:53

I heard the lore a long time ago about how good of a show it was, so I downloaded it and have to say I loved it. Too bad it isn't around anymore!

Now I've moved on to my favorite show being Dexter
PS–No I wasn't the one.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-01-03, 00:02

Bought the DVDs right after they came out. Have induced several other purchases in other people.

Long live Captain Tightpants.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-01-03, 00:14

I was the curmudgeon talking about how much I don't like Firefly anymore.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2008-01-03, 00:19

ya, but the venture brothers pic in your profile redeems you
Wrao
Yarp

2008-01-03, 00:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
ya, but the venture brothers pic in your profile redeems you
Brock Samson is my co-pilot.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2008-01-03, 00:23

I was just at Target the other day. They had the entire DVD set for $20 IIRC. Great buy. Love it.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2008-01-03, 00:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
Brock Samson is my co-pilot.
yes, but 2 years ago for halloween, i WAS Brock-fucking-Sampson, and my lady dressed as Molotov Coqtiz, thankfully sans chastity belt
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2008-01-03, 00:29

It was me, Thunder.

I watched the first four episodes before I flew out of town for the holidays and while I was back East - I was pining for my FireFly!
I just got back a couple of hours ago and will likely finish off the series by the end of the weekend.

What do I do after that!?

I'm really digging the series. Thank you so much for the recommendation.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2008-01-03, 00:30

ah ha! found you
sadly, you join the rest of us sad sad people wishing there was more
but whatever you do, DO NOT let anyone spoil the movie for you!
Wrao
Yarp

2008-01-03, 00:31

For what it is worth. I really don't hate firefly. It had enormous potential, and I wish it was still around. But, at the same time, I didn't gel with a lot of the themes. The movie Serenity is much better imo(and the episode 'serenity' for that matter)
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2008-01-03, 00:38

Great series. I miss it. My wife and I loved it. Space westerns FTW!
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-01-03, 00:39

Quote:
yes, but 2 years ago for halloween, i WAS Brock-fucking-Sampson, and my lady dressed as Molotov Coqtiz, thankfully sans chastity belt
Pictures!
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2008-01-03, 00:43

sadly, she would kill me if i did
either that, or she would start wearing the belt, not sure which is worse
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2008-01-03, 01:39

During our chat, I remember you mentioned Morena Baccarin, TP. And she's stunning!
But, I have to say, that I'm much more into Jewel/Kaylee - Geeky, slightly ditzy and perfect.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2008-01-03, 07:16

ya, kaylee is adorable
funny thing is, they have both been on stargate as well, altho different series
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-01-03, 08:26

Quote:
I'll be in my bunk....
This is such a great series. I bought it a few months ago when it was on sale at Target. You're right, Kaylee is adorable. My favorite episode is the one where Mal almost dies (all of them) because the ship is running out of O2 but everyone comes back for him. Great show.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-01-03, 12:05

Quote:
ya, kaylee is adorable
funny thing is, they have both been on stargate as well, altho different series
Oh man! That never clicked with me until you said it. I mean I recognized Jewel on Atlantis, but I didn't recognize who Morena (played Inara on Firefly) was on SG-1. IMDB to the rescue...Oh yeah, she played Adria, the Ori-spawned daughter of Vala (played by Claudia Black, who co-starred with Ben Browder on Farscape before they both came over to SG-1). It all makes sense now. That's cool.

And by "that's cool" I mean "holy crap I'm a nerd." But to go a little further off topic, I think Claudia Black is one of my favorite actresses. She's a really good actor and can do comedy and drama equally well.

Anyway I'm still a fan of Firefly. I was a little iffy about it for a while, but I saw a few more episodes again recently and I like it. Adam Baldwin is one of the best things about it, just like he's definitely the best thing about Chuck. I think my favorite episode of Firefly is Objects In Space, the one where the mercenary comes aboard, locks everybody in their quarters and tries to take River.

The Early character is just so unique, I thought that was some really talented writing.
¡Damned!

2008-01-03, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
Oh man! That never clicked with me until you said it. I mean I recognized Jewel on Atlantis, but I didn't recognize who Morena (played Inara on Firefly) was on SG-1. IMDB to the rescue...Oh yeah, she played Adria, the Ori-spawned daughter of Vala (played by Claudia Black, who co-starred with Ben Browder on Farscape before they both came over to SG-1). It all makes sense now. That's cool.
Jewel also previously played a Wraith girl on SG Atlantis (that one episode where she was some dudes daughter). Funny, because that whole Canadian sci-fi scene mixes so many players between the series. Even Lexa Doig (Andromeda Ascendant) went to SG-1 after Andromeda was cancelled (and she's actually married to Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) in 'real life').

So it goes.