Your pets.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Your pets.
Page 1 of 3 [1] 2 3  Next Thread Tools
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-08-09, 01:34

Title says it all. Let's see 'em. (but not too huge)

those two are mine, mutts of unofficial origin, but great dogs.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-09, 01:35

That's me, and my cat. Attempting to go down my pants. She wasn't into that. If I was sober when that happened, I wouldn't have been either.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-08-09, 06:08

The German Shepherd is Dunya, the Pug is Augustine. They are both idiots.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-09, 08:10

alcimedes: did those two come from the same litter? Other than their coloring they look very similar from that angle. Maybe Rottweiler - lab mixes of some kind.

InactionMan: you have the odd couple living in your home it seems. Do they get along pretty good?

...into the light of a dark black night.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-08-09, 08:19

They get along very well. Though when they do fight the pug kicks the crap out of the shepherd. In fact, I've yet to meet a dog that my pug couldn't tackle to the ground and hold down. They are tough little buggers.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2004-08-09, 09:00

nah, very different litters, although both were rescue dogs from two of many trips we'd made down to New Mexico. lots of stray dogs wandering around there.

the darker of the two is a rott, border collie, belgian shepard, australian shepard mix. it's a long story, but that's our best guess. (the mom was a border collie/australian shepard mix).

the other one is a Boxer mix, or at least that's what she was sold as. i have suspiscions otherwise, but she's a great dog, so it doesn't really matter.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-09, 09:09

Mutts rule.

We got our girl from a shelter but I plan on getting an Australian Shepherd from a local rescue when we're ready for the next one. Those dogs are so great if you train them well. Really bright and affectionate, not to mention boundless energy when you take them out to play....

thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-08-09, 09:14

both my dogs are new mexico strays also....

one we got that was living under a pickup truck...she was about 3 months old

the other was unwanted because people thought she was a rot mix....she likely isn't as she is small at about 30 pounds....
this is her

the other i don't have a photo to put on the internet right now...i do have a hard copy photo here on my desk at work...will try to get it scanned and up so it won't seem like i am picking favorites

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-08-09, 11:09

My camera battery is dead right now, so I'll just talk about them.

Two cats, both your standard housecat, nothing special.

A golden retriever, but a mix between the two colors.

And sixteen goldfish, in a 40 gallon tank.
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2004-08-09, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
Title says it all. Let's see 'em. (but not too huge)

those two are mine, mutts of unofficial origin, but great dogs.
Der big
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2004-08-09, 12:38

Yay!

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-09, 12:43

Gelding: what a great looking dog. And about the perfect size too....
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2004-08-09, 12:47

g

she's probably an australian sheperd mix.

the breed has many different appearances though. one of the more common ones appear typically "rottweiler" like, except with a white breast.

for whatever reason, there seemed to be a lot of dogs down in NM that were Aus. sheperd mixes. whereas in MN, pretty much every mutt you go to buy is at least half lab.

he's got the same white chest, which you'd never find on an actual rottweiler. (the other dog is a friend's red heeler)
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-09, 12:52

It's going to be a rough winter without a pooch... those pictures are giving me the evil urge to run over to the shelter / rescue without my woman's consent and bring a dog home now. Of course that would almost certainly lead to my castration since she wants (and rightfully so) to be involved in the selection process.

Drat.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-09, 12:56

Mm...must... resist.. t. tte...temptashun....

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2004-08-09, 12:58

how could she be mad if you broght home a cute little puppy. seriously. she'd love you for it. i swear.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-09, 13:21

Here's the older of my two cockatiels, Susie. She's stretching.

She is a bit weird... she has extremely strong maternal instincts which have really kicked in in the last two years. We've given her hormone shots and tried keeping her in the dark for longer periods of time each day, but nothing seems to help. She has laid unfertilized eggs many times.

Anyway, here's Susie's younger companion, Tubby (actually Harriet Tubman, but we just call her Tubby).

Tubby's very mild-mannered and doesn't really have any maternal instincts at all. She's really sweet and always sticks by my mother, as she was raised by a woman. Susie likes men since she was raised by a man.

And here's the cat my family adopted recently. Well, not really adopted... more like we just leave food out for him and he comes and eats it. He hangs out at our house a lot. He's a very pretty cat and he's really nice too. We're constantly working at removing mats and burrs and stuff from his fur. We already got him a flea collar which helped a ton... he had ticks everywhere when we got him. And although we tried to think of a good name, we ended up just using "Mr. Cat." So I guess that's his name. Mr. Cat. Although for a little while I was calling him Lucky (since he's a black cat).

JLL

2004-08-09, 14:18

Too many dogs here

GSpotter
Veteran Member

2004-08-09, 14:19

This is Rocky:

Although those pictures might be more typical:

In his basket
On the couch

Already posted in some other thread: In front of my MDD
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-09, 14:45

My poodle, Quincy.

PS-I wanted a Golden but my mom had just gotten over cancer, and her only desire or present to herself was to get a dog, so needless to say, she chose the type. But, he's really cute and nice, even if he is a poodle.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-08-09, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
g

she's probably an australian sheperd mix.

the breed has many different appearances though. one of the more common ones appear typically "rottweiler" like, except with a white breast.
puppy picture showing white chest....she also probably has some jack russell in her as she jumps straight up and down constantly when going for a walk or playing or any time she gets excited...she jumps straight up as high as my wife's head....

other dog photo to follow...samantha will be jealous that gracie is getting all the attention

g

ps we have lots of australian shepards, blue heelers and border collies in new mexico because of all the cattle and sheep farming and such....lots of farm dogs around here

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-09, 15:57

What a cool looking dog. I can just picture it bounding up and down to get someone to take it for a nice walk. Of course I'm sure at that age there was no reaching the heights you previously mentioned...

GSpotter
Veteran Member

2004-08-09, 16:05

I forgot to mention my wife's pet, Anja:

In front you see our late westhighland maltese mix, Toni.
Below the horse, there is Sunny, a long hair dachshund. She belongs to my sister in law.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-09, 16:27

Yah but what's the horse's name? Talk about a family pet with some stature.

autodata
hustlin

2004-08-09, 16:55

last time we checked, he was 17-19 pounds. Almost all muscle, though his belly his a little floppy.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-09, 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Yah but what's the horse's name? Talk about a family pet with some stature.

Uh... it's Anja.
xionja

2004-08-09, 18:28

Not mine, but I love him,

My Chinchilla

looking funny

looking like a killer after a day at the vet

I gotta yellow lab too. . . .
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-09, 18:36

Oh, I LOVE chinchillas! I don't have one but I did get to babysit one once, for a few days. They certainly can tear around a room very quickly - you have to be really careful and only let them out when there is nothing they can hide under. But they're really soft.

That picture of the horse is creepy. Were you attempting to operate a jackhammer while snapping the picture by any chance?
psgamer0921

2004-08-09, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
My poodle, Quincy.

PS-I wanted a Golden but my mom had just gotten over cancer, and her only desire or present to herself was to get a dog, so needless to say, she chose the type. But, he's really cute and nice, even if he is a poodle.
Holy Crap!! It looks like an albino big-bird!
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-09, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgamer0921
Holy Crap!! It looks like an albino big-bird!
And an extremely adorable and cuddly big-bird!

Poodles get a bad rep from their stereotype of being prissy and snappy, on the contrary, Quincy is the sweetest dog I have ever known.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration