User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Logitech Headsets - any one else having problems?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Logitech Headsets - any one else having problems?
ZachPruckowski

2006-04-02, 19:42

Ok, so I bought a logitech 200 or 300 USB headset for my iBook, both for the nicer headphones and the better mic (my iBook's mic seems to pick up a lot breathing, and I do audio recording for radio sometimes). Several times now when I plug it in or pull it out, I get an immediate OS X crash, in the form of that gray "restart your computer" screen. It's driving me crazy, because it's happened 4 or 5 times, and is responsible for all but one of my iBook's OS X crashes. Any one having a similar problem? Who should I complain to? Logitech or Apple?

Or does this belong somewhere else?
YouCanHaveYourPC

2006-04-06, 11:14

I don't have my Logitech headphone with me at the moment so I'm not sure which model I have...but it cost me approximately $40. I have used it with my iBook G3, my PowerBook G4, and my Desktop G4 all running 10.4.5 without any problems at all...Except...when I first got the headset, the USB connection sucked. I had to push and hold the plug into my PowerBook whenever I was using Skype. I exchanged the headset and have not had any problems since.

I have heard that you can experience some problems if you remove a USB device while your computer is in sleep mode. But that doesn't sound like the problem you're having.
SteveC

2006-07-12, 13:04

I have been having trouble too. A lot of times I can get it to work by resetting the preferences and quitting the application and restarting. My problem today is that I can't get any audio when recording a movie in SnapzProX.

I think my is a Logitech 250. Their forum is loaded with people having problems.

I thought I was out of the woods when I plugged the USB directly into my tower, but I guess not.