Happy Sabrina...wtf is all this?!?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Happy Sabrina...wtf is all this?!?
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
stevegong
www.stevegongphoto.com

Send a message via AIM to stevegong Send a message via Skype™ to stevegong 
2005-08-05, 14:19

I came across a Japanese website today, when I did a search on google for "Japanese People".

I'm soooo confused as to what this is all about, and what the point of it is! if you hit the top left, it translates the pages into English, but I'm still confused!

Anyone have an idea?

Happy Sabrina!

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-08-05, 14:21

Please, people, don't make this the "Japanese AirPort" thread of a few months ago...

¡Damned!

2005-08-05, 14:29

I'd hit it.

Amadeus

2005-08-05, 14:54

Its a cute picture. Something that is meant for kids.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-08-05, 17:33

Doing a google search for "japanese people"? What the hell kind of search is that??

stevegong
www.stevegongphoto.com

Send a message via AIM to stevegong Send a message via Skype™ to stevegong 
2005-08-05, 17:50

My vietnamese friend told me she was watching these japanese soap operas again, of which she understands nothing. So I asked her what fun she gets from watching shows she doesn't understand. She said she has fun looking at the japanese people and furniture.

I pulled up an image search of japanese furniture, and then japanese people, and gave them to her so she could look at them.

Boh, it felt more amusing at the time.

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-08-05, 18:36

Happy Thread... wtf is all this?

Trumpetman
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

Send a message via AIM to Trumpetman  
2005-08-05, 18:53

I can relate to that a bit. I don't know enough Spanish to understand the telenovellas that they show on Spanish television or the variety shows but I sometimes watch them because they are a hell of a lot more fun than most stiff American shows.

Nick

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-08-06, 03:28

FYI: That's a guy in a body suit and mask.

*shudder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
I'd hit it.

Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2005-08-06, 10:02

Ok. At first I thought it was a puppet.

A guy?!

And one of my friends accused me of being "girly" for buying a mac

Then I prefer Domo Kun, at least he's not a pervert.

¡Damned!

2005-08-06, 11:30

Damn trannies fool me every time.

Alexia

Send a message via AIM to Alexia  
2005-08-08, 01:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
FYI: That's a guy in a body suit and mask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709

Nope and nope. We don't know.(Getting to this in second paragraph.)

Sabrina is a kigurumi actor. The Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Donald costumes you would see at Disney World would be kigurumi. In Japan, kigurumi has evolved into hobbyists portraying characters from anime series and in other cases creating their own personas.

The number one rule of kigurumi... You don't tell anyone what your secret identity is! That is where the unknown gender aspect comes in. They normally wear the full mask and a tight fitting body suit to hide their normal appearance. This always gets people on the curiousity side because they want to know! Usually the only person that knows the actor's real identify is the photographer.

EDIT: Portraying your persona as working at McDonalds is a bit odd though.
http://sabrina.jp/Mac/PB220127.JPG

Last edited by Alexia : 2005-08-08 at 01:42.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-08-08, 01:48

When you can see one's adams apple and one's "package" in the pants area, it becomes pretty clear that it's a guy. No, I don't know which pictures those are; I saw links to this freakshow on another forum and am not about to go digging up info about it again. Or maybe it was a different one of those Anime-type costumes; they all look the same.

In any case, I'll stick with real people, thankyouverymuch.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

Alexia

Send a message via AIM to Alexia  
2005-08-08, 02:00

Quote:
When you can see one's adams apple and one's "package" in the pants area, it becomes pretty clear that it's a guy. No, I don't know which pictures those are; I saw links to this freakshow on another forum and am not about to go digging up info about it again. Or maybe it was a different one of those Anime-type costumes; they all look the same.

In any case, I'll stick with real people, thankyouverymuch.
That is rude and this isn't intended for people to fap off to. They do it for the enjoyment of the hobby. There is good and bad to everything.

If they do... I don't want to hear about it. Though some people fap off to Mickey Mouse.

*hiding under the covers*

Sabrina is a guy, but I was alluding otherwise in my last post to help illustrate what the hobby is about.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-08-08, 02:34

Hey, I never said anything about people getting their jollies. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if people did go for Sabrina and company. People on TEH INTARWEB go for a lot weirder things and that would be relatively healthy compared to other things. God help us.

I just think it's bizarre and downright creepy in a Very Bad Way.

Then again, the whole "cosplay" thing escapes me too.

Bah.

Where's that global thermonuclear warfare button when you need it?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-08-08, 02:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709

Look for the adam's apple. It's saved my bacon a couple times.

sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-08-08, 03:02

Quote:
Well, first you're going to need a cute girl to impress.

Then use your TRS-80 to break into a "video game" company's computer.

Once you're there, ask Joshua about that button. Don't worry, it's just a game.

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-08-08, 03:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrain
Well, first you're going to need a cute girl to impress.
Done.

Quote:
Then use your TRS-80 to break into a "video game" company's computer.
Do... awww, crap. I've got a TI-86. Does that count?

Wrao
Yarp

2005-08-08, 03:57

Quote:
Hey, I never said anything about people getting their jollies. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if people did go for Sabrina and company. People on TEH INTARWEB go for a lot weirder things and that would be relatively healthy compared to other things. God help us.

I just think it's bizarre and downright creepy in a Very Bad Way.

Then again, the whole "cosplay" thing escapes me too.

Bah.

There truly is only one response for this post, but I fear it might get me banned. Well, I love you guys, but...

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-08-08, 04:20

I don't know, I think this one is better:

Check out the man-el toe on that one!

Oh and I agree with Brad that the whole Kigurumi thing is severely messed up. A good portion of those people must be men who are turned on by getting to play a woman and having others think they're a woman. It's strange.

Wrao
Yarp

2005-08-08, 04:40

After learning about Gay Harry potter inspired fanfiction/pictures... well, I don't think anything can top that really. But, finding the most "WTF?! o_O why?!?! shit" on the internet might make for a good thread(in the worst way possible)...hmmm.. someone else can start it heh

as far as... um.. kigurumi, well, Maybe these guys are just jealous that pretty girls get hit on and they are trying to fulfill some desire to ... aw fuckit, it's just weird.

Last edited by Wrao : 2005-08-08 at 04:42.

The Return of the 'nut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-08-08, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia
That is rude and this isn't intended for people to fap off to. They do it for the enjoyment of the hobby. There is good and bad to everything.

If they do... I don't want to hear about it. Though some people fap off to Mickey Mouse.

*hiding under the covers*

Sabrina is a guy, but I was alluding otherwise in my last post to help illustrate what the hobby is about.
so which character are you?

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-08-08, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
After learning about Gay Harry potter inspired fanfiction/pictures... well, I don't think anything can top that really.
Well, there's always sci-fi slash fiction (i.e. Kirk/Spock, Obi-Wan/Anakin, etc.). Get it, there's a slash between the two characters (usually male) who engage in (often graphic) gay sex. This has been going on since way before the Internet as we know it, and interestingly, a very large portion of slash writers are straight women. I would assume they'd be gay men but I guess not. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find a large amount of Harry Potter slash fiction, not to mention the truckloads of anime-inspired Yaoi (both written and drawn) that are out there.

¡Damned!

2005-08-08, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
Well, there's always sci-fi slash fiction...
Oh man, you just *had* to say that, didn't you? Good little Googler that I am I ended up finding...well...lots. I mean, Jack/Daniel (SG1)?!? Is nothing sacred? Sure, now I can see it...and will forever, unfortunately.

So it goes.

Wrao
Yarp

2005-08-08, 13:31

Quote:
Well, there's always sci-fi slash fiction (i.e. Kirk/Spock, Obi-Wan/Anakin, etc.). Get it, there's a slash between the two characters (usually male) who engage in (often graphic) gay sex. This has been going on since way before the Internet as we know it, and interestingly, a very large portion of slash writers are straight women. I would assume they'd be gay men but I guess not. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find a large amount of Harry Potter slash fiction, not to mention the truckloads of anime-inspired Yaoi (both written and drawn) that are out there.

Sure, just because it's always been around doesn't mean that it's not immensely disturbing. I would be hard pressed to find something more disturbing than that. I'm sure grosser and/or more depraved things exist, but somehow, there is something so perverse and unnerving about the fact that gay harry potter fiction, especially considering it exists for just about every popular media around, exists.

Last edited by Wrao : 2005-08-08 at 13:32.

¡Damned!

2005-08-08, 13:34

OK. Now THIS is just plain sick: VERY NSFW!!! CLICK ONLY IF YOU HAVE A STOMACH OF STEEL!!!

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-08-08, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
I'm sure grosser and/or more depraved things exist, but somehow, there is something so perverse and unnerving about the fact that gay harry potter fiction, especially considering it exists for just about every popular media around, exists.
What about the Emma Watson 18th Birthday Countdown? FYI, Emma Watson is the girl who plays what's-her-face from the Harry Potter movies (I never saw any of them).

Okay, so it's not as blatantly disgusting, but it's still pretty creepy.

Last edited by Luca : 2005-08-08 at 13:56.

sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-08-08, 14:58

She plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. She's a cute kid, but I don't see the need to count down to her 18th birthday. I fall more toward pscates predilections of older women.

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs

Wrao
Yarp

2005-08-08, 15:46

Quote:
What about the Emma Watson 18th Birthday Countdown? FYI, Emma Watson is the girl who plays what's-her-face from the Harry Potter movies (I never saw any of them).

Okay, so it's not as blatantly disgusting, but it's still pretty creepy.

There was also the olsen twins 18th b-day count down.

to quote peter griffin "What do you want lindsey? what, you know, with those tight outfits and everything, what do you want?"

Side note, I actually really enjoy the harry potter movies, particularly the last one.

Wrao
Yarp

2005-08-08, 15:56

Quote:
She plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. She's a cute kid, but I don't see the need to count down to her 18th birthday. I fall more toward pscates predilections of older women.
Well you are an older dude(no offense) Things are more clear cut for you.

I'm in a much weirder place, since I'm only 20, I'll see 17 year olds and their sexually provocative outfits* and be like "eh...er... fuh" It's weird to think that they are all having sex, they seem like kids to me now, but I was no different when I was their age. Weirder still, If I saw a hot 16 or 17 year old today, and I wanted to bone her it'd be like "you perv!" but if I waited 3 or 4 years and then hooked up with her society wouldn't even blink.

Weirder still is thinking of couples you might meet where the man is maybe 45 and the woman is 35, go back a couple decades and he would have been graduating college while she was finishing up grade school...

*what DO you want lindsey?