2016-09-20, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Amazing stuff, Brad, as usual.
Whaaaaaaaaaat?

/me isn't done yet
¡Damned!

2016-09-20, 21:35

Oh I didn't think you were. It's the little things like the Viking ship in the harbor right now that compel me to comment.

Last edited by 709 : 2016-09-21 at 08:08. Reason: phone fingers
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-09-22, 19:02

That is one cool monument in the desert. On one hand I'd like to see it modified. On the other I'd rather it stay pristine. Even the sand above it. I'm not going to mess with it though I'm thinking of adding some lighting inside it.

Ken has one awesome Wither grinder built. Even if you never put a Wither in it you won't regret heading out there to see it. It really is amazing.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2016-09-22, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
That is one cool monument in the desert. On one hand I'd like to see it modified. On the other I'd rather it stay pristine. Even the sand above it. I'm not going to mess with it though I'm thinking of adding some lighting inside it.
Unexpected and totally fun find. Though, Ely had something very similar close to his place before the upgrade, and it went *poof*. Apparently monuments don't play by the same rules... look no further than than Drew's beach of Evil Fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Ken has one awesome Wither grinder built.
It really is. I love that he's extended his castle architecture to some of the surrounding builds, even if underground.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-09-22, 22:05

And they're going to remain underground, too. So much of that area is already consumed by Ye Olderstein, the King's stables, iron farm, etc., as well as Tall Town. The land east of Whammerstein is relatively pristine, and I plan on expanding the horse pastures and the stables, so I don't want to use the above-ground spaces for big projects, especially with that giant, unfinished beast off to the northeast.

So, underground she stays. More is to come. Not entirely sure what, yet, but come it must!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2016-09-22, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
especially with that giant, unfinished beast off to the northeast.
HEY!

Yeah....
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2016-09-24, 14:08

So, I jumped on a couple of days ago to finally finish the Colourwalk in the North-West.

What the hell is this off-hand business?
¡Damned!

2016-09-25, 08:58

It's meant as a shield holder, but I've never used it that way. Stick some torches in there, turn on OptiFine's dynamic lighting, and you'll never be in the dark again.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-10-05, 20:29

Grey, you must be some kind of mind reader. I was going to ask you to mark off an estimated area where 'zilla's feet would land, and — I'll be damned — you did exactly what I would have asked before I got to ask.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2016-10-18, 18:47

So Bryson, I was putting a thing in the NE corner of the Museum Complex to act as a kind of 'edge' like the Shuttle does in the SW corner, and I decided to run the road north. I'm going to connect it to the Colourwalk road you're building, but I'll have to extend it a bit. Shouldn't affect your plan though.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-10-18, 23:35

Oh that reminds me!

I've been meaning to ask about this since, well, about two weeks ago, but I've been buried in work since then. Would it be OK (and this is aimed mostly at Bryson) for me to slide that road northwards to align with this other road (in black)? Rather than move the *whole* thing, I was even thinking about moving just the long part over the water and putting a diagonal bit to connect with the path that continues towards the mountains.

Kind of like this:

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2016-11-11, 13:45

Oh no Brad. You didn't. You didn't.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-11-11, 13:52

What didn't got didn'ted?

Edit: Oh.

Last edited by kscherer : 2016-11-11 at 14:12.