AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Post Your Minecraft Adventure Photos Here

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Post Your Minecraft Adventure Photos Here
Page 1 of 4 [1] 2 3 4  Next Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-15, 13:56

I don't think there's a thread for "adventure" photos from Minecraft yet, so I'm making one here.

Last night Billybobsky was wandering through Olde Towne for a visit whilst I was cowering in my Bunker of Fear (a glass turret accessible only by underground passage). While he was there he met Larry (one of a trio of recurring Creepers in that area) and a big beefy spider, who got on top of us in the Bunker of Fear and spun round and round like a pinwheel. BB decided to go back outside and kick his ass, but from my vantage I could see the spider (above ground) following BB (underground) back to the Knuckle (my personal name for the little building that tags into the Canopy Walk).

You can't really see here, but BB was in an epic battle over there... the spider kept flashing red, and kept attacking...

Once that danger was vanquished I crept out to watch BB confront an enraged Larry....

...who was eventually dispatched with a long volley of arrows (which the screenshot didn't capture in either photo)...

And that was the end of the adventure! (except for when we went to get some snowballs)

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-22, 21:31

I learned how to make a watery entrance to my glass beach tower today.

It's pretty cool, you should come see if you can find it.

A little while ago I noticed a couple of creepers on the spit of land over toward Brad's airport and I figured that they wouldn't come out on the water so once the sun came up I jumped off the tower into the water (BBsky tried that first earlier today) and swam over toward the island a bit because that's where my watery entrance is.

Once safely inside my airlock I looked up and watched the island and sure enough, a creeper came in my direction....

...and he jumped off the island into the water.....

....and he WALKED RIGHT OVER TO LOOK DOWN AT ME!!!!

I ran away back up to my tower at first, but then I decided to see if I could shoot him from underwater....

Turns out that....

I could....

Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-23, 16:52

I'm watching a herd of pigs throw themselves against cacti from my beach tower. The original survival hut at the end of my canopy walk stair is getting nicer, slowly.

Last night I decided that it looks like a scorpion, so I think I'm going to name it something like that....

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2011-04-23, 17:12

Wow Drew. I haven't been out there since the "Amazing Backwards Stair-walk." Looks really nice.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-23, 17:17

I feel like Drew's done way more stuff than I have. He has a mine and a bridge and a cactus farm and everything now. I just started going underground

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
¡Damned!

2011-04-23, 17:29

I'm super curious about the glass spots in his lawn. I know a few of us use them as a kind-of-but-still-sketchty light source, but with the addition of torches up top and his affinity for foxholes I think I need to investigate for myself. He may just be a thrillist after a look at some creeper gonads.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-23, 23:18

Making oot!!!!!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-23, 23:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I feel like Drew's done way more stuff than I have. He has a mine and a bridge and a cactus farm and everything now. I just started going underground

LOLILOLOLOLOLOL I am SO having a great exporrrrrrrationssss!!!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-23, 23:28

Don't tell me I missed drew drunk Minecrafting again!

<3 <3
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-25, 23:02

Okay, dead carcasses littering my cacti....

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-04-29, 15:19

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-29, 16:44

Big slimes! You're going to be rich.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-30, 17:28

Oresssssss......

Seriously, though, this cave was incredible. It went for quite a way into the darkness in each direction, was filled with creepers, skellys and zombies (but, weirdly, no spiders) and the ore yield was unbelievable. About 110 redstone, 60 lapis, 100 iron, 40 gold. No diamonds, though.

Southwest, bitches!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-30, 17:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Southwest, bitches!
If both your X and Z coordinates are positive, you're southwest, right? Is that how it goes?

Is the mine you've been singing the praises of the one with the log cabin at the entrance?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
arteggio

2011-04-30, 18:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
If both your X and Z coordinates are positive, you're southwest, right? Is that how it goes?
Yes. If you wanted you could also find the marker in Ravonia and head SW from it.

In my mine that's just 5 blocks away from the technical equator, I got one chain of lapis that yielded 20.

What does everyone else find that their average coal yield is in anywhere but the SW? I got 17-20 most of the time when I was digging my moat, and when down in my strategically placed mine. If this SW thing is true, and the trueness is in yield but not how common various ores are in the ground, then the difference should be noticeable in something as common as coal.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-04-30, 18:17

What is all this SW business? (Actually, I know. Just a rhetorical question. )

I need to make a small base out there. I may ask for a plot out there for a future future project, then start a mine.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-30, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
What is all this SW business? (Actually, I know. Just a rhetorical question. )

I need to make a small base out there. I may ask for a plot out there for a future future project, then start a mine.
One of the places I'm looking at building is in the SW...I put a sign up, built a shelter, made a "J" out of torches... But it's a little close to the skyway, and to the log cabin entrance to Bryson's mine. Today Brad showed me a wide open SE place that I like, too, but based on a cursory overview (I was distracted by a cave) I think it might be a lot harder to landscape into what I want it to be. It's bigger and remoter, though, so the results may be worth it... Decisions, decisions.

My goal is to decide on a location this weekend, and then break out the graph paper. So if anybody else knows of wide open areas in field/forest biomes with a hilltop dramatically overlooking a large lake or bay, let me know!

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-30, 21:42

My log cabin is all I ever plan to build there. As long as you're ok with me mining away under there, go for it.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-30, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
My log cabin is all I ever plan to build there. As long as you're ok with me mining away under there, go for it.
The space is certainly long enough. I'll have to check the width, though. I don't want everything to feel like it's in a row, or for people to see it all at once (from a skyway, no less). I feel like I'm planning a theme park, with the way I want to sort of guide people in, so that they see things in a certain order.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-30, 22:25

Wow!!! To someone who has yet to "hit it big", this is an amazing find, Bryson!! O.o

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-30, 23:12

You think that's big, find 709's image he posted. Not to degrade Bryson's find, but it was impressive too.

So I was out in the rain/snow trying to find my "lines" during the most recent showers. Kinda odd if you asked me, so I figured I'd post it.

Where there is snow, it was snowing, where there wasn't it was raining.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-05-02, 13:48

I warped out to where Brad was last night, just to do some adventuring and see if I might run across some new flowers or pumpkins or some such thing that I haven't yet seen in the wild.

Along the way I spotted a hole.
A REALLY REALLY REALLY deep hole.

We were looking at it and Brad was dropping TNT down into it and then he innocently inquired "Do you want to explore it?" so I said "Yeah!!!" thinking that he was going to go with me... maybe even rustle up some pals.

But no.

He started shuttling me TNT and bricks and torches and such and turned on his merry way to go back to his airport, off over in the distance, somwhere (I had no idea where I was).

So now it was like a challenge or something.

I felt my manhood was at stake.
Stay, and explore, or run away like a little girl.

I started making a descending spiral down along the sides of his truly deep spawned hole making toward some exposed coal and iron. At some point I saw a skellie wandering around and suddenly wondered WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING GOING DOWN THERE WITHOUT F3 TURNED ON????

So I turned it on.

And shit my pants.

The place was churning with some 298394723s and some 0293833s and even a few 3382811s!!!!

srsly

And then they started shooting at me.
I ran away for awhile but then went back.

And then, for some reason, I threw my diamond pick off into the abyss and it went down

down

down

out of sight.

I ran away again and told everyone what I'd done, thinking I could go home now.

But then Brad fixed me up for a bit more adventuring.

No excuses.

I went back down into the pit and kept circling lower and lower, laying stairs to help me beat a hasty retreat.... by now I could hear hissing and even spotted a creeper trying to get at me from one of the many swiss cheese holes in this unholy spawned pit of Satan. I walled over him, saving my arrows for later.

Spider way down there, eying me.
arrows away.
dead.

skellies.
zombies.
I started calming down and picking them off as I dug deeper, gathing coal and working down toward that tasty iron.

Still, the F3 business bugged me... there were literally scores of moving numbers behind the rocks.

I finally got down to the bottom of the hole and started shooting and plugging up holes that could hurt me later, aiming myself in one direction.

Poking around I found a way to get deeper over in one direction and spotted something black, shaped like a trident. I inquired what it might be and GreyChristian showed up to take a peep. While I was trying to show him the lookover down into a mosh pit of skellies & zombies and creepers one of the creepers ASPLODED... after a bit of freaking out I went over the other side and started pushing into the dark with my torches.

Together we began pushing deeper into Satan's Pit, but the mobs were persistent.... they creepers would show up suddenly out of nowhere and blow up.

Grey finally realized that they were falling on us from ABOVE, inside the cavern we were in... I pushed in, pushed in, Grey was checking stuff out.... I finally decided to burrow my way the hell out of there.... up and forward, up and forward, up and forward...

Up and.....

BLOOOOSSHH!!!!

I'd hit the ocean, I think.

Water..... I was on a flume ride, back through Aisle 17 of Satan's Pit, washing away torches and who knows what....

I ran back up to my "safe" area and looked for Grey, who was ABOVE ME on the way back out.... that was it, I was done.... up, up, up we went.

And then back out, in the general direction I'd seen Brad heading earlier. Pretty soon we came upon the giant brick library....

I warped to Brad, who was telling us along with others about Osama Bin Laden....

Thanks Brad!!!!

Captain Drew on Twitter
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-05-02, 14:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
The place was churning with some 298394723s and some 0293833s and even a few 3382811s!!!!

<3 drew
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-05-02, 14:19

I'd like to point out that I *believe* that Satan's Pit is somewhere near (320,-800) on the map, though I can't back that up. Grey might want to give it a thought.... hey, maybe some of my screenshots have F3 turned on... will have to get those from another machine....

Captain Drew on Twitter
arteggio

2011-05-09, 13:45

Jackpot. Anyone up for some spelunking?

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-05-09, 13:50

I have a spot like that available to explore as well. The one from mine connects to the Great Cave Offensive, too.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-14, 11:44

We had a great time last night watching kraetos kill himself at the expense of our entertainment. I put together the videos of his repeated suicide successes.
SD, HD

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-05-14, 13:05

Yeah, that mob trap is serious business. I'm not sure why I thought I could clear the moats...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-14, 13:19

I think you were pretty clear why at about :35 into the video.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-18, 12:04

New adventure: Charged Creeper!
So here I was minding my own business when I heard thunder. I headed on up to the observation platform at my "T" ranch and saw a couple of creepers. With that I started to video too. The good stuff is at the 2 minute mark and then again around the 4 minute mark. 4 minute mark is the charged creeper.

Video in SD, HD