Page 2 of 3 Previous 1 [2] 3  Next Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-07-11, 11:43

Is we updated yet?
¡Damned!

2016-07-13, 12:21

We are.

Make sure to install the latest OptiFine! Flaming arrows are amazingly useful (and fun) now, and holding your torches in the 'shield slot' acts like you have a headlamp on while caving. It's great and extra scary if you forgo planting torches along the way.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-07-13, 12:39

Did the texture pack get updated for this release or was it built into the 1.9 version?
¡Damned!

2016-07-13, 13:03

Still using the 1.9c pack but the new blocks are using the MC default textures. They're not that bad (except the awful default brick layout is present in the red-netherbrick). The netherbrick could go back to a bit browner now, but no biggie.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-07-13, 13:10

OK, my concern is that the maps are going to have an issue rendering the blocks. We will see how it goes.

For some reason it's already complaining about 'assets/minecraft/textures/blocks/usb_charger_side.png' missing. That's a thing?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2016-07-13, 13:35

That was an April Fool's block... no idea why it would be in 1.10.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-07-13, 13:36

You didn't know about the USB chargers? Where the hell have you been?

How else are you gonna charge your mcPhone?

Edit: Drat, Grey beats me again.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-07-13, 14:26

That's funny, so these blocks exist in the game still or are in the map making program and shouldn’t be anymore? Now I guess I should try to figure this out...

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-07-13, 15:49

Did the Nether also get updated?
¡Damned!

2016-07-13, 16:08

Out past the explored edges (wherever those are ) I'm sure it's updated. The magma blocks are so easy to make though that I doubt it's worth the trip out there. Maybe just to see what they look like in the wild.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-07-14, 17:43

Boy, I don't know. Considering the quantity of magma cream needed vs. the immense quantity of the end product out in the Nether, I wouldn't waste any of my cream. In one quick trip (and about 30 minutes of mining) I filled a large chest.

By the way, when you factor time/mining/etc., magma block is by far the cheapest light source in the game. A good pick and a little bit of time and you have the cheapest—and ugliest—lights available. Granted, they have to be "started" by placing some other light source next to them, but once on, they're on for good, even after you remove the starter light.

I motion for Brad to find a nice texture that makes them palatable to use in architectural projects. Maybe something reddish?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2016-07-15, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Granted, they have to be "started" by placing some other light source next to them, but once on, they're on for good, even after you remove the starter light.
I'm guessing that's a bug that's going to get fixed. Would be nice if they were a little brighter by default though... 3 is pretty pitiful for magma.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-07-15, 12:01

Well, by "started" I mean "really bright". They exhibit a 3 brightness by default, but can go up to 9 if a torch is placed atop them (or right next to) and will hold that brightness after the torch is removed.

I would like to formally request a nice texture for this block. Considering their hugely wide availability, a nice texture would eliminate the need for glowstone in many circumstances. They would be super-handy for architectural lighting purposes.

I would like to see something with perhaps a gray border with frosty light somewhere between glowstone and torches. Maybe even a four-square pattern.

Edit: Endermen spawning in the Nether seems to be a new thing.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)

Last edited by kscherer : 2016-07-15 at 12:19.
¡Damned!

2016-07-15, 13:08

It's a bug tho. Whether it gets fixed soon (or ever) is anyone's guess.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-07-15, 13:13

Well, howdy-ho!

I hope they leave it alone.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-07-15, 18:16

Um …

Yeah.

So, um, the, um, update injected a, um, mega-dose of, um, freakin' gamma radiation into the Demon Picks.

If they were green, it wouldn't surprise me one bit!

¡Damned!

2016-07-27, 16:49

There's a nether portal in-between the S and SE major portals that leads to this nice little Savanna Village. Friendly people, all kinds of crops, and a Librarian holding court in his own hut selling Mending books. A mere 32 emeralds for everlasting* life. Bring extra, if he runs out of Mending books you need to buy other loot to refresh his book handling. Fair.

*not everlasting. If you're busting blocks with no xp return, you don't mend your kit. If you're on the losing end of a battle, Mending won't save you. Be warned.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-07-27, 21:45

Minus the fences and lamps, is that a naturally spawned village?

(If so, I didn't realize they were using the orange wood. Looks great!)
¡Damned!

2016-07-27, 22:38

The village was naturally spawned there, yes. It was explored in 1.9, so it regenerated after the wipe as it was. A normal (oak), small village. But without the biome flavor. So I helped them to kind've fit in – replacing the oak with acacia and all that. They didn't have a Church, so I made one. They didn't have a Library, so I made one. I added an additional farm, because it fit, and then another because beets. And some other stuff.

That said, it is still pretty natural. I tried to make it as legit as I could but still adding a few nice touches.

Also there's a MENDING guy out there. Like, the rarest guy. A bit expensive but hey.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2016-07-27 at 22:57.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-07-28, 00:41

Nicely done! I'm looking forward to getting out there are seeing it in the game. Maybe I can make it by there tomorrow if I can get into the game. My summer schedule has been brutal.

¡Damned!

2016-08-31, 16:03

Gotta say, I'm loving the village upgrades as a new distraction.

There's an Oak Village on the water not more than a couple stone throws SE of the Savanna Village, with another Mending guy @22 emeralds. I though they were super-rare, but maybe these 2 villages are just lucky. I upgraded it and put a portal in (just S of the SE nether portal).

Also, I see on the map that Turtle's been helping one in the North. Looks like a refurbished old one from the map... fun stuff. I'm going out there tonight for sure.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-08-31, 17:10

Yeah, I found two up there that were void of villagers and up in the air. For those two I added catwalks and fencing to help the villagers stay safe. I also put villagers back in them. I meant to mark them on the map with signs but forgot to do that. I'm going to head back to them and others that I can play with some too. The villages are a fun distraction.

What are those mossy cobblestone buildings? Like the one up north by one of the villages I played with.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2016-08-31, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
What are those mossy cobblestone buildings? Like the one up north by one of the villages I played with.
Looks like a re-spawned jungle temple. Must have been a jungle biome prior.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-09-01, 10:15

Lot of that happening. I think Grey found an ocean monument in the middle of the desert.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-09-02, 21:30

A monument in the desert would be very cool! I hope he marked it with a sign so we can visit it.
¡Damned!

2016-09-07, 14:14

I didn't, but it's roughly 700/-4300.

There's a portal in the 'upper NSEW Nether tunnels' if you head North. Just shy of the first 500 light marker. That leads to a displaced jungle temple in the Overworld, then you just head NE for a short bit. Bring milk! It still has all 3 of the big-daddy fishes.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2016-09-07, 15:39

Also, there's a double-village out in the ocean at -2500/-1700-ish. Could be fun.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-09-08, 12:03

@709

Where the hell you been? I has a thing to show you.
¡Damned!

2016-09-13, 07:42

Super duper busy.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-09-13, 10:09

Well, hang up the dang phone, or tell them to get their own megabytes!

Business before pleasure. I know.