Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I'm gonna be a Daddy again!!!
Page 3 of 4 Previous 1 2 [3] 4  Next Thread Tools
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-10-31, 19:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472
The visit went really good. We were surprised about one thing, but everything is present that should be. We got a really good shot of one of the hands. One picture even shows the lens of the eye too!! Really cool. I didn't know they could do that.
Don't tell me he/she fooled you with their halloween costume selection!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-31, 20:40

You've asked for them, you get them...

All major parts are there

Big Smile

This one is so cool, you can see the lens of the right eye! I didn't know they could do that!

Cool Hand Pic...

To Sister

And for the surprise...

Yes, we were expecting the baby to be a boy. We are not upset at all, but it was a surprise to us.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-31, 20:53

And for a bonus, if you want to hear the heart beat. Hear it is.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-10-31, 21:46

That's totally awesome, turtle! I'm so psyched for you! Sonograms are really cool eh? It's almost like X-Raying your Christmas presents!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-31, 22:43

Yeah, it's really cool to watch the baby move and hear the heartbeat all at the same time. We didn't get to watch as much as we wanted though. There is a place near our hospital that does 4D and all the other greatest sonograms out there. For about $140 you can get a DVD and lots of pics. We are thinking about doing this just for the memories sake. Insurance won't cover it, but it seems worth it to me!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Amadeus

2005-11-01, 16:46

Thank you turtle2472 for the pictures and sharing these private moments. Congratulations on the girls. A nice strong sounding heart. I've seen the 4D images of a baby and they are awesome. It allows to really see the baby inside the womb in color.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-01-10, 00:46

Boy has it been a while since I posted in this thread. A lot has happened, all good. We did find out that we are the blessed parents of a two vessel cord baby. For those who might not know, this is uncommon as most babies have three. All the EKG's and ultrasounds look great though. Kidneys look good as does the heart. In fact we got some great 3d pics and I though I would share them with you. She really is a cutie!
Here's a front face shot:

I call this one, Thinking:

Here she is scratching her head:

Here's her smashing her nose:

And the last for todays trip, Covering her eyes:

Pretty cool if you asked me! My wife is almost 7 1/2 months along and still only looks like she ate too many HoHo's. Doesn't look pregnant at all really. This is one of the reasons for the special ultrasound as well as the two vessel cord. Enjoy the pics, I am!

Edit: Fixed links after renaming directory.

Last edited by turtle : 2006-01-10 at 01:36.
Foj
Veteran Member

2006-01-10, 00:54

that's some close-up! the wonders of scientific photos.
ironlung

2006-01-10, 01:26

wow.. very cool
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-01-10, 08:26

Wow, those are great pics! Only 1.5 months left eh? Better stock up on sleep while you still can... The days of sleeping late on the weekends are almost gone...
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2006-01-10, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend
Wow, those are great pics! Only 1.5 months left eh? Better stock up on sleep while you still can... The days of sleeping late on the weekends are almost gone...
What an understatement!
My youngest daughter is not quite 5 months old and she has just started to sleep for 6 straight hours at night.

Great pics!! Keep them coming.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-01-10, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretara
What an understatement!
My youngest daughter is not quite 5 months old and she has just started to sleep for 6 straight hours at night.

Great pics!! Keep them coming.
One cannot be told what new parent sleep deprivation is, one must experience it for themself.

My son turns 1 on Thursday! I can't believe it's been a year already!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-01-10, 17:12

Quote:
One cannot be told what new parent sleep deprivation is, one must experience it for themself.
I feel it only fair to say this isn't my first child. I do have an 11 year old as well. My wife didn't have the pleasure of giving birth to her though, some psychotic winch from hell in Colorado did. (I loved her at the time, the winch that is.)

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-01-10, 22:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472
I feel it only fair to say this isn't my first child. I do have an 11 year old as well. My wife didn't have the pleasure of giving birth to her though, some psychotic winch from hell in Colorado did. (I loved her at the time, the winch that is.)
I didn't notice the word "again" in your thread title unter after I posted. Oops!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-01-11, 23:00

Quote:
I didn't notice the word "again" in your thread title unter after I posted. Oops!
It's ok. It still served as a means to make my wife laugh!

Update: As of Tuesday she looks pregnant. Funny how a few days makes the difference. If you look at her from behind you can't tell though.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-03-15, 18:35

Wow has time been flying since I started this thread! And what an experience it has been so far! Our daughter is due on the 24th and there is nothing that would indicate it being different from that. Everything is right on track for now.

Since Mid-January when my wife *started* showing she was pregnant 'til now has been a big change. You still can't really tell from behind though. She hasn't had the best of times here either. I'll give a condensed version here as not to bore you all with her troubles in this pregnancy.

Anyone ever heard of Zofran? It is the drug they give chemotherapy patients to minimize the nausea and vomiting. Why is that important one might ask; well, my wife had the 24/7 version of morning sickness. So bad in fact that she was on a Zofran pump running over $200/day to the insurance company. It really helped, but she also had to have Reglan to cover what Zofran missed. Aren't drugs wonderful?

She was 126lbs when we started this journey, went down to 123lbs and she in now only 156lbs. Not bad considering the weight gain didn't come until third trimester. It is all baby, though there is at least growth in a couple of areas that she was looking forward to and I can't say I'll complain at all either!

Our little girl will enter this world out of her mother having only two vessels in her umbilical cord. For those who don't know, there is normally three, one artery and two veins. This has kept the Docs running since there are a few things that can go wrong with this being the case. It can be anything from no issues at all (this is our case) to major developmental issue with the cardio and renal systems. This is probably why she was labeled as IUGR or Intrauterine Growth Restriction. This label was given mostly due to the small size she had until about a week ago. Last week at our visit (now every week) she was measuring just above the "normal" low limit. So I guess she isn't IUGR anymore.

I was given a few ultrasound pictures a week and a half ago but didn't post them here since they are really hard to make out. She doesn't have as much room in there as she used to making it hard to get the good pictures. I might put some up for giggles, but didn't think people wanted to have their home version of the Rorschach inkblot test.

To top it all off, two Fridays ago she pulled her left groin muscle helping our daughter with a project. Now she is 32 with a walker. We do get to park on the front row with the special blue lined spots now though! Actually, this is only temporary, it is expected to heal in relatively short period of time. For the time being though, she is really fun to watch. (Joke for those who missed it. I'm not cruel and I love my wife.)

We are really looking forward to seeing our little one here in the next few weeks. There is a lot of excitement in this house and anticipation too! I rigged up a video baby monitor so we can watch her from our bedroom on the Media Center in there. Really cool actually, we can only listen to the sound or turn on the video and watch too! The crib is set...I have a pic somewhere...here they are:

Boy I can't wait! Any day now...

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-03-15, 18:49

Cool crib! Sounds like you're really psyched about your imminent arrival.

My son was affected by IUGR, he was 4lbs. 10ozs. at birth, but you wouldn't know it now. He turned 14 months on Sunday (weighs over 21lbs. at last weigh in) and he's a walking talking babbling bundle of happiness and joy.

Congratulations again.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2006-03-16, 07:29

Jeez, turtle, I can feel your excitement from here (Pluto) Many congratulations.

We've a little one and we feel an immeasurable richness. I'm pretty convinced that the day of the birth was the most important day in the history of time. It's nature's fraud to encourage the continuation of the species; but what a beautiful fraud.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-03-16, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Josef
Jeez, turtle, I can feel your excitement from here (Pluto) Many congratulations.

We've a little one and we feel an immeasurable richness. I'm pretty convinced that the day of the birth was the most important day in the history of time. It's nature's fraud to encourage the continuation of the species; but what a beautiful fraud.

I hear ya Franz. The first time I held my son, the whole world melted away and it was just my son and I. I actually felt the floor fall away from my feet. It was weird and exciting and the strongest feeling I've ever felt. Ever.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2006-03-16, 11:13

Congrats man
Franz Josef
Passing by

2006-03-16, 11:41

Quote:
It was weird and exciting and the strongest feeling I've ever felt. Ever.
The Best Thing ... Evar™ .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Josef
.....and we feel an immeasurable richness.
I'm not sure I've expressed that right, it all sounds so impersonal and stilted. What I wanted to say is that we feel rich, and grateful, and a bazillion and one other things and all because of one tiny very noisy person.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-04-01, 19:11

Can you believe it, one week and a day overdue and still not here!

Everything is looking good still, but no Eliana yet. She's in hiding.

We are going to see if we can't make this happen tonight though. Miles of walking, natural herbs, "whatever" , you know, that kind of thing.

Foj
Veteran Member

2006-04-01, 19:19

Good luck.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-04-03, 22:09

The wait is finally over:

At 7:32 AM EST Eliana was born. She weighed 7 Lbs 10.3 Oz and is 20" long. All fingers and toes are there as well at everything else that should be and nothing that shouldn't. She was verified to having only two vessels in her umbilical cord, though no negative effect from this. An ultrasound was run today to be sure, but looks like the results a negative.

Mother labored for 15 and a half hours! We started labor at about 5 pm; what a long day! The reward was worth it though! Here's a pic for you to be some of the first to see her! Eliana just after birth.

I am tired and going to bed. Both my wife and I have only gotten about 3-4 hours of sleep total in the last few days.

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-04-03, 22:11

Congrats on the healthy and beautiful baby girl! I'm glad the umbilical cord didn't cause problems.

I'm sure the wait had to be agonizing, but well worth it.

Congrats!

Come waste your time with me
Foj
Veteran Member

2006-04-03, 22:13

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Great picture, too.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2006-04-03, 22:15

Congratulations turtle - excellent news and very happy for you and your wife!
Mac+
9" monochrome

2006-04-03, 22:17

OMG - I just saw the pic.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-04-03, 22:25

Congrats...

A live birth turtle...wow!
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-04-04, 07:42

Hey, wait a tic. What good is the first baby picture if you've cleaned all that white gooey stuff off the baby?

j/k man, congratulations!