User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Keyboard shortcut with Double-click to 'open with' a different app?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Keyboard shortcut with Double-click to 'open with' a different app?
trevo

2006-03-13, 04:34

For example when you open any .html file, by default Safari opens it. Is it possible to hold down a certain key to open the file with Dreamweaver, instead of Safari?

Just lately it's been frustrating when navigating through menus to open and close a lot of images and web pages with photoshop, flash, dreamweaver,etc.

edit: please and thankyou, can't forget my manors now.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-03-13, 04:35

You can always just use drag&drop...
trevo

2006-03-25, 06:28

Drag and drop to the dock (which rhymes ) is not so practical, it's quicker to ctrl-click and open with.

However drag and drop to the toolbar is way cooler than using shortcuts! Thanks chucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt O'Keyes in Feedback forum
I first made the switch to the Apple Mac just over a year ago and i'm continuously finding/learning new features. Mac OS X is so customizable and functional, I like it I would just like to thank everyone on this board that has helped and supported me over the last year from my first post, "Can you really just move apps to the Trash!?! " to my latest headaches.

Thanks AppleNova.