User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 75 of 77 First Previous 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77  Next Thread Tools
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2012-09-11, 19:27

I started playing a new (to me) video game.

It is called fantasy football.

Good lord, I don't think I've ever wasted this much time on any other form of electronic entertainment in such a short span. I'm in 4 leagues, messing with the waiver wire, researching who to start and who to sit, and landing bomb-ass trades. Managed to trade Darren McFadden for Matt Ryan, which would normally be considered a bad trade but in my case it was amazing because it's a 2 QB league and having Brees and Ryan as my starters basically sealed the league for me.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-09-21, 15:10

Tried out the Resident Evil 6 demo. I liked what I saw.

Finally being able to aim and move at the same time in a Resident Evil game = Ermahgerd fernerlly!

I'm also thinking of picking up The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JitmTYNc5U

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-09-21, 16:17

I'm on bed rest for a few days with a blood clot in my leg, so I'm basically playing games until my eyes fall out.

I'd like to pick up something new for my PS3. Needs to be downloadable, and around $5 or so. I'm into sports, shooters, and arcade racers. Any suggestions?
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-09-21, 17:49

Maybe the first part of The Walking Dead? It's not a racer, shooter or sports game, but it is around $5.

I got the 'season pass' for the whole thing and played some of part 1 and so far I think it's really good. (Partly because of the fact that I actually know some of the area where it takes place or that's mentioned. )

Last edited by Foj : 2012-09-21 at 18:02.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-09-21, 18:23

That's a good suggestion. I did enjoy the demo for that. How long would you say episode 1 lasted you?
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-09-21, 18:29

Well, I haven't actually finished it yet. I've only played for about half an hour so far and I've gotten to 'chapter' 4. I would say about 2-3 hours to finish maybe?

Wrao
Yarp

2012-09-21, 18:55

Just downloaded the Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD remake on Steam(Windows Dualboot). It's weird to think that I first played that game when I was 13 or 14 and I still remember almost all of the level layouts, secret tape(now DVD), and other details. It's also harder than I remember it being. Still a lot of fun though, and for $9 steam sale price, can't really go wrong.

Also recently bought a Nintendo 3DS XL along with Mario Kart, Zelda and New Super Mario 2. Liking all of them, with special attention to Mario Kart which managed to capture all of the best elements of the Wii version, but with new levels and details. My only real complaint is that the battle mode is essentially worthless now. Original Mario Kart 64 battle mode was a 3-balloon elimination death-match. No respawns, save for turning into a bomb on wheels to screw with other players. New battle mode is a 3 minute long death match scored in points, you also can't turn off computer AI and there has to be 8 karts. Completely misses the point.

Weird to think that most of the games I play today are direct lineage or remakes of the games I played when I was 13-18 or so. Guess it goes to show that developers and publishers know more about gaming than I do.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2012-09-22, 03:37

Tell me about it - I've got the Activision Anthology, Midway Arcade and Atari Greatest Hits!

However, the game I'm currently addicted to is Song Pop.

If anybody wants to connect my username is currently "synthnerd".
tomoe
Veteran Member

2012-09-22, 10:30

I'd like to be playing the updated Baldur's Gate for OSX, but it looks like the release has been pushed back to November.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-10-02, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
I picked up Super Hexagon today. Only 99¢ for a couple of days. My record is 17.1 seconds. Freakin' awesome game. 99¢?!? What is the world coming to when I can get such a highly produced game for less than a pack of gum?
Are you still playing it ? I've done the first 2 levels (hard and harder) and I'm now working on hardest. Getting some 20 seconds. It's impressive at what rate you can improve at this thing. Next, hardester !

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-10-02, 19:25

Right now I'm switching between The Walking Dead and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. I will be throwing in Resident Evil 6 into the mix, too.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-10-03, 18:20

I've been playing the hell out of Infamous (1) for the last week or so. I got it after the PSN outage, but I didn't start it until last week.

Now I'm pissed at myself for waiting. It may be my favorite game I've played this year, despite going in with zero expectation that I would enjoy it.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2012-10-03, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmegatool View Post
Are you still playing it ? I've done the first 2 levels (hard and harder) and I'm now working on hardest. Getting some 20 seconds. It's impressive at what rate you can improve at this thing. Next, hardester !
I played intently for a while and got up to 45 or so seconds on hard (I think). Then the new iPhone came out and I haven't played yet since I don't think it's updated for the taller screen. I'll pick it back up eventually. I like the music quite a bit.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2012-10-03, 19:38

Galaxy on fire 2 (Supernova)
Dave
Ninja Editor

2012-10-03, 21:14

Guild Wars 2 (there's a mac beta now)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-10-03, 21:30

Minecraft still!

Smurf's Village on my iPhone though.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2012-10-14, 22:22

Still no TV or monitor in my new place, so I haven't unpacked the PS3 yet. So...I installed UnNetHack today via homebrew. Have been playing it for the past few hours.

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-10-15, 02:01

MC in the rare opportunity I get a chance to play, but work has destroyed those chances in recent weeks.
¡Damned!

2012-10-16, 14:47

MC as well, but I've only been on sporadically. Political season has been kicking my ass with pro/response ads. I get on as much as I can though.

The Creeper Kingdom will be a sight. I promise.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2012-10-16, 23:05

Also, Dellphi built a transporter thing near The Kingdom. I don't have any idea how those things work, but if you want to check out progress now and again, there's that.

So it goes.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2012-10-17, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I've been playing the hell out of Infamous (1) for the last week or so. I got it after the PSN outage, but I didn't start it until last week.

Now I'm pissed at myself for waiting. It may be my favorite game I've played this year, despite going in with zero expectation that I would enjoy it.
Yea, infamous is a great game. Love how they made two enjoyable tracks to play the game. Picked up infamous 2 because I like the first one so much, but while fun, I don't think the 2nd is as fun as the first. Will have to play again, if I can ever stop playing Borderlands 2.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-10-22, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
Yea, infamous is a great game. Love how they made two enjoyable tracks to play the game. Picked up infamous 2 because I like the first one so much, but while fun, I don't think the 2nd is as fun as the first. Will have to play again, if I can ever stop playing Borderlands 2.
I haven't played it evil yet, but I'm looking forward to doing it. I'm waiting to start that until I have a chunk of free time. I was on medical leave the first time around, so I pretty much played all day for a week and a half. Righteous as shit.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2012-10-22, 14:04

After several months I'm playing League of Legends again. That shit is like crack cocaine.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-12-03, 11:03

This is one game I *want* to play.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/768...-ps3-this-week
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-12-03, 12:43

The Ratchet and Clank Collection - the first three Ratchet and Clank games (originally for the PS2) remastered for the PS3. It's $30 and it's three of the best games in one of the best franchises in modern gaming history. IMO.

It contains Ratchet and Clank, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. I've been playing all three of them with reckless abandon now for a couple weeks. They got progressively better as they went along, with Up Your Arsenal representing the pinnacle of the series overall. The only R&C game that was close to being as good was A Crack in Time, I think.

In any case, for $30, it's worth it.

Amazon link

Last edited by Xaqtly : 2012-12-03 at 12:44. Reason: link
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2012-12-03, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
After several months I'm playing League of Legends again. That shit is like crack cocaine.
Got back into it myself recently.

Now it's becoming difficult to pry my wife away from the computer so we can go to bed. On Friday night we stayed up until 3 AM playing Dominion games. We both actually prefer Crystal Scar over Summoner's Rift. It's faster and there aren't as many totally stacked teams. Plus I have never been able to figure out the metagame of Summoner's Rift. I don't know what to do and when. With Dominion, it's much easier - attack or defend the capture points.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2012-12-03, 16:29

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

I Think I've mentioned the Kiickstarter some time ago and now I've had my hands on it for some six weeks. It's my first serious foray into platformers in some 15 years, but I'm enjoying it because it's easy to get into and a bit nostalgic too. That said, there's nothing casual about it. It is one of the most difficult games I've ever played. There's simply no mercy for butterfingers and since boss levels require a certain score to be unlocked you can't just die a hundred times between checkpoints, you need to show through all the preceding levels that you are worthy for the boss levels.

Funny how one of the cutest games I've ever played is the one that get's me killed the most. But never mind that, because it's an awesome game.

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-12-03, 16:41

Has anyone picked up a Wii U yet?
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2012-12-03, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
My son purchased one along with Super Mario. I can relay questions if you want.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-12-04, 06:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
No interess at all. I'm really not a Nintendo guy I guess. The only thing I want to see is Zelda. Like if they make it like the fake images they shown... That would be something !

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."