User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

Color Photography Sharing Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Color Photography Sharing Thread
Page 89 of 94 First Previous 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93  Next Last Thread Tools
!Marc!

2014-07-21, 16:29

Hi, I've not been around for a while, but I thought to just catch up on this thread. There are some really great photos here, and I can see that in the few years since I posted here, the quality of the photos really has become very impressive.

I have not had chance to photo anything for a while except some holiday snaps, but the good news is that I have very nearly completed my degree and am soon emigrating to Norway, so soon I hope to be able to carry on where i left off back in 2010.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2014-07-21, 21:08

Nice to hear from you iMarc. I liked your photos. Post a few pics when you are snapping them again!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2014-07-24, 15:59

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2014-07-24, 16:43

I've really been enjoying the Boston area since moving up here a month ago. Just thought I'd share a few that I liked of the area.

Sailboats on the Charles. #vscocam #igboston #igersmass by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr

Caught the Charles W. Morgan, the last wooden whaling ship, in Boston Harbor. #vscocam #igboston #igersmass #bostonharborcruises by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr

Not a bad skyline Boston. Not bad at all. #vscocam #igersmass #igboston #bostonharborcruises by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr

I suppose that they can pretend the Storrow Lagoon is Venice. #igboston #igersmass #gondola by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr

A little bird watching in Nahant. #vscocam #igboston #igersmass #nahant by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr

Off duty. #vscocam #igboston #nahantbeach by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr

The lifeguard stand came out a little blurry. Possibly having to do with it being on my 5s running iOS 8.

I've posted all of these to Instagram, hence the squaring and edits.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
!Marc!

2014-07-29, 13:15

Some of my trips while ive been away for a while. In September 2013 I went cycling in Norway for a couple of months to try to catch the aurora, but any spaceweather.com watchers will know the sun hit a 100 year low when it should have been on max! Never mind, still got a few shots.

pesky telegraph wire!

This is at the world famous trollstigen road, which I camped out on in near total darkeness, and cycled up the next morning. I also cycled up the insane Geiranger road, and the utterly insane but little known Lysebotn road through the tunnel - 2 hours up - <10 mins down!

Last edited by !Marc! : 2014-07-29 at 13:26.
!Marc!

2014-07-29, 13:37

After Norway, I headed out to NewZealand for 3 months, and cycled 4800km. This is just a sunset straight from a cheap PAS camera.

Sadly - again, this was the story for much of the time I was there - maybe 3rd time lucky???

This is taranaki in the north island.
!Marc!

2014-07-29, 13:54

went to this little known place in Meyrin - just as they were announcing something fairly significant. Also incorperated the tour de france

Im not suprised by the look on this guys face, I had to use 1st gear in my car to crawl up this myself. This was some 20km later.
!Marc!

2014-07-29, 14:04

Good News!

I have arranged for my final exam to be in Oslo in October, leaving UK for good in the next 4 weeks, then 6 weeks of revision. Then I shall head up to the arctic circle for winter hopefully for some spectacular aurora and snow. Needless to say, i wont be camping out that one.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2014-07-29, 21:24

Nice work Marc!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2014-08-09, 12:37

I was visiting a garden earlier this week and came across this entrance to the owners yard.
!Marc!

2014-08-13, 15:40

Ferry Booked. Norway August 23rd.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2014-08-13, 16:20

IMG_0421 by thefurball, on Flickr

Took this one a few months ago - mid-winter in fact. I often go out there for walks on a stormy day to try for pictures like this.
Foj
Veteran Member

2014-08-31, 19:58

Joel Hodgson, Tom Servo and I

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2014-09-13, 16:50

While on vacation recently I tried my hand at some astrophotogphy, and this is one of the first images I made. There was a chance of seeing the northern lights, but I don't think I stayed up late enough.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-09-13, 20:07

That's pretty good to be an early attempt! I've never gotten my night sky images to work out at all. One day I will though, one day.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2014-09-13, 20:18

From what I saw shooting last night, getting the settings right is the easy part. A wide angle is preferable (20-35mm full frame/12-28mm crop), turn off AF and set focus to infinity. ISO1600, 20 second exposure, set white balance to sunny, and as wide an aperture as possible. After that is it is simply a matter of framing the shot.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2014-09-14, 22:02

Chinney
Veteran Member

2014-09-20, 21:06

Low Tide

GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-09-28, 08:45

I didn't have much time recently for photography, so basically all of my new pictures were of our new dog...

Hunting for field mice by iPhotograph, on Flickr

(Shooting conditiions for this picture were terrible: Taking a picture of a black dog in front light in the middle of the day is not really advised. Unfortunately, all field mice seem to live on that side of the road...

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2014-10-04, 12:35

Found this photo I took the last time I was in FL. Did an accidental JJAbrams. I think the contrast of the light and dark on the grass looks really cool.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-10-11, 13:33

Did anybody else join one of the Worldwide Photowalks?
I went to the one at Brunswick, Germany (as I did for the past 3 years). It's always interesting to see what the other participants (which walked the same route) have seen...

My photos can be found here (work in progress).

Worldwide Photo Walk 2014 by iPhotograph, on Flickr

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin
Chinney
Veteran Member

2014-10-11, 20:43

I have never heard of this event before. Sounds interesting. I would certainly like to do it some day.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-10-12, 05:26

The Worldwide Photo Walk is done every year. When the time comes, you must register on the web site. If there is no walk near your location, you could become a walk leader and create one.

Apart from that, sometimes photo clubs (or just some enthusiasts) organize a local walk. It's a great training for seeing/noticing things along the way and it's also a great way to talk to some people with similar interests ...

My photos @ flickr
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2014-10-12, 09:54

No WWPW this year for me. Usually it's just the timing of the walks that doesn't work for me.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-10-16, 16:03

This week, I was in Berlin on a business trip. I took my camera with me to take some pictures of the "Festival of Lights".

Berlin - Festival of Lights by iPhotograph, on Flickr

More pictures in the album (work in progress)

My photos @ flickr
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2014-10-17, 04:44

The Worldwide Photowalk idea sounds like it could be fun, but I didn’t know about it. The organisers need to get the word out better. I’m sure the big news sites would run a press release for them a couple of weeks before the event.

Did you photograph the Festival of Lights with a tripod, GSpotter?

And is that a swimming elephant? Elephants are such evocative creatures. I suppose that’s why they often appear in art. Here’s a very old photo of another elephant doing an unlikely thing:

… engrossed in such factional acts as dreaming different dreams.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-10-17, 06:33

You're right, when I did my first photo walk, there was much more media coverage. For the last two years I was reminded by some friends, otherwise I might have missed the event myself, too ...

I did all my Festival of Lights shots with a tripod. It was funny to see many other photographers walking the streets of Berlin with their tripods. The 'Guardians of Time' figures were almost surrounded by tripods

It looks like they took this picture of a swimming elephant for the illumination. They changed the picture every few minutes, going through a set of maybe 10 or so pictures with totally different content - some photographs, modern art, a house facade, ...

My photos @ flickr
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2014-10-17, 10:59

The Snow Geese have returned for another fall/winter season.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-10-17, 12:08

Cool shot! We also have some cranes and geese flying by, but not in these masses
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2014-10-17, 12:41

Yes, it is a rather exciting sight to see all the Geese together like that. Typically you'll see them fillings the fields in an area like this...

Some flocks have numbers well in excess of 10,000 birds. The Lesser Snow Goose populations have really recovered from their lows in the late 1980's when numbers were down to 5-6 thousand in the large flocks due to over hunting and destruction of their migration habitat.