Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

So you think you can dance?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
So you think you can dance?
washington mac user
can't read

2006-08-01, 19:55

I know this is a little late to start the thread but I wanted to know if anybody here watches the show and what they think of it. Also if you want to discuss about the people who got voted off like allison even though she was one of the best girls... Who does everybody think is going to win?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-08-01, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by washington mac user
Who does everybody think is going to win?
When it comes to "So you think you can dance", there are no winners.
shatteringglass

2006-08-01, 20:20

People actually watch the show? Hmm, apparently so...
washington mac user
can't read

2006-08-01, 22:11

its supposed to be the most watched summer show.
hiltond

Send a message via AIM to hiltond  
2006-08-01, 23:07

I seen parts of some shows. All I really know is Ivan who seems very one dimensional and the dude with the blond pointy hair (Travis I think). He is kinda fun to watch if kind of swishy.

The dancing is pretty good, but the host annoys me as does the British judge. I try to make the other person watching 5X fast forward past all no dance parts.

Who do you think is going to win? My money is on Ivan as long as it is popular vote all the way. His dancing is less impressive to me then some others, but I think his personality and smile makes up for that in a popularity contest.

Last edited by hiltond : 2006-08-01 at 23:14.
washington mac user
can't read

2006-08-01, 23:23

Thats funny. Ivan went to my high school. He would dance in front of the school and he was the only guy on the dance team. He went to my high school for two years then moved to California to pursue his dancing career. My friend is pretty good friends with him and the last I heard he was on the Janet JAckson tour. He is also captain of the west coast hip hop team from what I remember hearing. It was funny at the end of the year, on our school announcements, they were like "make sure you vote for Ivan." He just graduated this year. I knew he was a really good dancer, I didn't realize he was that good of a dancer.
hiltond

2006-08-01, 23:55

Yeah hip hop is definitely his thing from what we have seen on the show. I didn't realize he was quiet so young as you say. I bet he was pretty well liked around school. The dancing kids seem to be and he has a lot of charisma.

A Janet tour has really got to be a great time for a dancer like that. She has a lot going on for them. I thought she really hadn't done very much since the malfunction but still really cool for him.

Do you vote for him? Every show? That is your duty after all. Thou must always help advance the career of friends and people the grew up with.
washington mac user
can't read

2006-08-02, 00:14

Well people think dancing is cool but a lot of people were more into sports. Our dance team was really good, but people were way more into baseball or basketball. I didn't even know Ivan danced till sophomore year when I saw him dance with the dance team. Yes I do vote for him every show. It's weird. The people in my grade seam to do really well with the entertainment business. Our baseball team was the state champions this year for WAshington State 4A and one of our players got drafted in the first round for the major leagues. Our sports teams did really well this year.
hiltond

2006-08-02, 00:27

I think I must have a warped perspective as our big sports were soccer and, believe it or not, cheerleading.
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2006-08-02, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by washington mac user
Our baseball team was the state champions this year for WAshington State 4A and one of our players got drafted in the first round for the major leagues. Our sports teams did really well this year.
Well, my old high school was the 3A state champion this year. Ha!
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2006-08-02, 01:34

can't believe they kicked out Mussa. Everyone else dances girlish.
digitalAngel

Send a message via AIM to digitalAngel Send a message via Yahoo to digitalAngel  
2006-08-02, 23:42

i admit it.. i watch it.. LOL

first, i must say, i detest contemporary dance style and i see too much of it on the show. i just don't see what's so special about prancing around barefoot!

i'm glad Dmitry was kicked off! he was a one trick wonder and was always taking his shirt off. he'd probably make a good chip-n-dale

i like Benji for the win!!! you go geek!

i Believe, that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade.
And try to find somebody who's life gives them vodka, and have a party!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2006-08-02, 23:47

Haha, I watched it tonight. I actually enjoyed it. It's very late in the game and the few dancers left have some serious talent.

I agree about the contemporary dance. The dancers look out of their element trying to perform, and I can never tell if they did a good job or not because contemporary dance is so random and so silly to watch. They should have just left it out - it's an unfair disadvantage to the dancers who get stuck with it as their genre.

The waltz that one of the couples performed tonight was really amazing. Beautiful to watch. Oh, and I have to give a big thank-you to Latin America for their dance and their costume style.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2006-08-03, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltond
Do you vote for him? Every show? That is your duty after all. Thou must always help advance the career of friends and people the grew up with.
That's funny to me. A friend of mine is a finalist for the Oreo jingle contest. He asked me to vote for him and sent me a link. I went there and did a bit of searching. I ended up liking someone better than him and voted for them. Oh well
washington mac user
can't read

2006-08-04, 01:09

Ivan and NAtalie got voted off. Just think if Ivan had more training in different genres... he would have owned the comp... actually travis and benji are still really good Why did Natalie and Allison have to get voted off....
digitalAngel

Send a message via AIM to digitalAngel Send a message via Yahoo to digitalAngel  
2006-08-17, 00:14

benji won! w00t! he was my pick.