Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

I got punched in the face today

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I got punched in the face today
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
Hassan i Sabbah

2005-12-21, 08:50

I got set on this July and put in hospital (well, for an afternoon) with a bumpy head and a fractured finger by a bunch of kids who wanted my Cannondale road bike more than I did.

It did my head in.

I've never been in a fight in my life but since then I've aggressively neutralised one threat by telling someone to 'back the fuck up' (it seems I get hip-hop when I'm threatened) and 'stay away from me', and meaning it.

It seems like when you get beaten they beat violence into you. The next time I get jumped I'm pretty sure I'm going to fight back as aggressively and violently as I can and fuck the immediate consequences. It's shocking how angry I still am six months later. I still fantasise about what I should have done, which is apparently very common, and I half want the opportunity to do it again.

Violence really, truly sucks.

gibberish
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-12-21, 09:14

Too bad you live in England, Hassan, otherwise you'd be able to buy a gun and shoot the fuckers the next time they try to beat you up.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-12-21, 09:18

Violence for violence's sake certainly is no good but I'll tell you... just like when we were little kids and decided to do something we knew was wrong / against our parent's wishes, when you get smacked hard enough it knocks sense into you sometimes. Like "wow, that was really fucking stupid; I'm not doing that again." Ugly abusive relationships not withstanding, it can be good way to teach certain types of people a lesson.

I dare say it would be the same with one of these chav pudwackers (other than the gigantic neanderthal ones). Were they to come up on someone with the intention of mugging, and got drilled when they weren't expecting it, many of them might think twice about actually threatening someone again (at least on their own). From there it would be all talk for most of them, which is a desirable outcome.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Hassan i Sabbah

2005-12-21, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
Too bad you live in England, Hassan, otherwise you'd be able to buy a gun and shoot the fuckers the next time they try to beat you up.
Arg. Just indulge my fantasy of revenge, won't you?
AWR
Veteran Member

2005-12-21, 09:33

Like the scenario of Bob Probert standing in for Dorian.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-12-21, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
I dare say it would be the same with one of these chav pudwackers (other than the gigantic neanderthal ones). Were they to come up on someone with the intention of mugging, and got drilled when they weren't expecting it, many of them might think twice about actually threatening someone again (at least on their own). From there it would be all talk for most of them, which is a desirable outcome.
Exactly. It's called "conditioning".

We do it with puppies and some brother-in-laws, so why not those really in need of some?

Put yourself in the thug's position: if you knew there was a very good chance YOU were going to be the one winding up with a butt-kicking (or simply not having an easy a target as you'd hoped), maybe you'll back the whole "street tough" thing down a notch or two, and quit being such an annoyance to society?

Tap a puppy's nose with a newspaper...sling a chav against a brick wall and rattle some teeth.

Some people, as moogs says above, can't be reached by any other means. I realize that's shocking, distasteful notion to some of you, but it's called "real life"...and you'd do good to try living in it, if only for your own safety and well-being.

Life usually isn't a John Lennon song, unfortunately.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-12-21, 15:57

I got a new profile picture.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-12-21, 16:05

Chuck Norris hitting you in the face?
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-12-21, 16:11

Take off, ya hoser.