Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Found a great deal, share it here!
Page 2 of 17 Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  Next Last Thread Tools
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-04-30, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
Wow, some of those reviews on that thing are pretty bad. Maybe that's why it's priced the way it is?
Yeah, you know, for $100-$150 more, I'd probably go for the HP LP2475w.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-05-01, 13:27

Right now, Left 4 Dead is $24 on Steam. I missed the last weekend price drop a month or so ago so I was waiting for it to drop again before buying. So far it's decently fun, though I only played single player. I'm hoping to get some MP action going on tonight.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2009-05-02, 14:11

REI now has the Garmin Forerunner 405 with heart rate monitor marked down to $259 and a $50 rebate. That's the 405 + HR monitor for $209! It's originally $349 for this GPS enabled watch.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-05-02, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Right now, Left 4 Dead is $24 on Steam. I missed the last weekend price drop a month or so ago so I was waiting for it to drop again before buying. So far it's decently fun, though I only played single player. I'm hoping to get some MP action going on tonight.
I've been thinking about renting it for my 360, but I'm happy with Nazi Zombies for now.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2009-10-12, 19:37

You can get a PS3 fat for $250 right now on SonyStyle.com and it comes with a extra DualShock controller.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2009-10-12, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
You can get a PS3 fat for $250 right now on SonyStyle.com and it comes with a extra DualShock controller.
That's a good deal.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-12, 20:22

Best Buy (I know, right?) has a sale on two great Brother laser printers. The 2140 is $59 and the 2170w (which adds WiFi) is $89. I just snagged a 2140. They both have great reviews on Amazon and I've been watching them for a while; they go on sale at office supply stores every so often but I've never seen them that low before. Right now that's about half Amazon's price, on the 2140.

You know how I always complain about people buying inkjet photo printers and using them mostly for text? You know how I always say that people should just get a cheap-ish laser printer and then pretty quickly with the savings in ink/toner alone they'd be able to buy one of those awesome little dye-sub photo printers for when they actually needed to make prints? Well, AppleNova is officially on notice. You now have no excuse.

Oh, and if you do take the plunge, be aware that the printer doesn't come with a USB cable, for some reason. Pretty much everybody here should have a couple of those laying around but with the proliferation of proprietary cables I was surprised to find out that I didn't have a single regular USB! It was like bizarro land.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-10-12, 20:25

I agree. Everyone should have a laser printer, ink jet is so frustrating. What a great deal too, thanks Roboman.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2009-10-12, 20:31

I LOVE my 2140, shared via USB through my house. I think I got it for $49 after rebate at Office Depot a while back. I also have a 2170 in my office (it's networked) purchased one Black Friday for $99 or something. I love them both. If you use it lightly, the ink will last a couple of years. Those Brother printers are fantastic. Highly recommended. I never once have regretted my decision.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-10-12, 21:51

I'll agree about the HL-2xx0 series laser printers. I've got an HL-2070N for my home and it's great! Good deal there Robo.
¡Damned!

2009-10-12, 21:56

Hmm. I might have to head over to BB this weekend and pick one up. Snow Leopard refuses to acknowledge the existence of my networked HP LaserJet.
Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2009-10-12, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
Oh, and if you do take the plunge, be aware that the printer doesn't come with a USB cable, for some reason.
Yeah, absolutely no printers come with USB cables. It enables retailers to make their 500% profit on the cables... which brings me to the deal to share: Yesterday I found 3' USB cables at a dollar store. For $1. It made me smile.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-10-12, 22:32

Laser printers are so awesome I bought mine about 4 or 5 years ago, and I've easily saved $500+ on ink alone.

It feels like my HP is on its last legs now, so I might look at those Brothers.

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-10-12, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Hmm. I might have to head over to BB this weekend and pick one up. Snow Leopard refuses to acknowledge the existence of my networked HP LaserJet.
Really?! My 2605dn is working flawlessly over the network, even bonjour recognizes it.
¡Damned!

2009-10-12, 22:48

Seriously? I might be doing something wrong then. I have a 5000 model and the print drivers seem to be installed, but the communication just isn't there. I don't know. I'll look into it when I get some free time. SL's printer setup is new and unfamiliar to me, so there's certainly the chance that I overlooked something.

So it goes.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-10-12, 23:03

I don't know much about the 5000 series but I adjusted some settings with the web applet, just need the ip settings. Then SL located it based on the IP I put in, it's just on my local network.
¡Damned!

2009-10-12, 23:12

Ah, you know what? IP address. That's what I'm missing.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-10-12, 23:43

It depends on your settings, i've got mine set to static but invisible (I don't know if that's a default or what), so uninvited guests can't use it. You might be able to find it on you DHCP client table.
¡Damned!

2009-10-12, 23:48

I think I'm going to have to reset it (or change it) via the printer inputs.

I miss AppleTalk.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-13, 04:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majost View Post
Yeah, absolutely no printers come with USB cables. It enables retailers to make their 500% profit on the cables... which brings me to the deal to share: Yesterday I found 3' USB cables at a dollar store. For $1. It made me smile.
It's just so weird, though. It only costs them like ten cents to add a USB cable but they'd rather inconvenience their users...it's like how the Apple TV doesn't come with any video cables. If this was a wireless networking printer I could sort of see, but there's no way to use it without USB.

As for dollar store cables, I should have thought about that. I know I could get cables for basically nothing online but I didn't want to wait...Target's USB cables were $10.99. I think Best Buy's were $14.99! I found a 3' cable at my college bookstore for $4.99 and just jumped on it. I have an extension if that's not long enough. (Yes, I had a USB extension cable. And Mini-DVI to DVI. And DVI to HDMI. And Toslink to Toslink, and Toslink to mini Toslink. BUT NO PLAIN USB!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swox View Post
It feels like my HP is on its last legs now, so I might look at those Brothers.
The Best Buy I was at had six 2140s left and only one 2170w. On Monday afternoon. So I think, when you sell stuff for half off, it goes fast, or something?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-10-13, 10:03

Office Depot will price match if the competitor still has the item in stock. I think Office Max and Staples does too.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-15, 19:37

So I finally got around to installing it (I had to make room, okay?) and it was easier than I thought it would be. They gave me a disc with drivers to install but Mac OS just seemed to recognize it right away, without me having to do anything, so I didn't. It works like a charm.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-10-20, 15:21

How about Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition x64 for free?

Students only though.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-10-26, 20:58

I just received my Remote Desktop v3 from Amazon that I paid $179 for and it's the full Unlimited Managed System version. So the box is from August 08, software updates brought it up to speed with SL standards!

It's listed as [OLD VERSION] but still NIB.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-10-30, 00:29

Okay, it's older than dirt on Larry King's glasses, but still...a $399 Mac mini at the refurb store? If you don't need super-duper performance (maybe give the kids a computer - a good one - of their own), here you go:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB...co=MTEzNTM1MDM

It's the older GMA 950 graphics, but still...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-10-30, 00:48

That is a good deal. I'm actually having to resist getting it.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-30, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
That is a good deal. I'm actually having to resist getting it.
DO IT DO IT DO IT

I'm in love with my Mac mini. It's, like, the perfect non-all-in-one desktop. It's perched - not placed, perched - on top of my desk (a desktop that actually goes on your desktop, imagine that!), next to my matching TV, and it does everything I ask it to, with no complaints.

And that's only 2/3rds what I paid for mine! It's a little slower of course but I mean wow, it's 2/3rds the price.

ime_NY

2009-11-03, 17:00

So you know how some (i.e., myself) have voiced that if the macbook was $200 cheaper, it'd be perfect and too irresistible to resist?

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0321997

Hence, I've gone ahead and splurged and bought the perfect $800 macbook. I highly suggest you do the same if you can stand the rebate process

Finally, refreshing Gizmodo every hour has paid a dividend
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-11-04, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ime_NY View Post
So you know how some (i.e., myself) have voiced that if the macbook was $200 cheaper, it'd be perfect and too irresistible to resist?

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0321997

Hence, I've gone ahead and splurged and bought the perfect $800 macbook. I highly suggest you do the same if you can stand the rebate process

Finally, refreshing Gizmodo every hour has paid a dividend
I just came in here to post that. WOW. What a deal! You almost never see such discounts on Macs.

And I saw it on Gizmodo too.

Also, Best Buy has more Brother printers on sale this week - only they're multi-function printer/scanner/copier deals, not "just printers" like last time, so if that was what was keeping you from buying a laser printer, here's your chance. Three are on sale - one inkjet (blah), one laser, and one laser with WiFi networking - all $60-70 bucks off, just like before.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-11-04, 08:52

Wow, that MacBook deal ($799 for the brand new model) is amazing!

On the USB cable thing, mentioned earlier above, I saw a stack of Canon printers at Walmart (can't recall the exact models, but they were Pixma series with 4-digit model numbers...two different models both selling for $40). Anyway, they had USB cables included. In fact, the box graphics kinda made a big point of that, with that feature played up a bit.

So maybe it'll become more common?

I always thought that was one of the chintzier, "grrr..." moves in the electronics-buying arena. You just laid down $50-300 for a printer, and they can't be bothered to toss in a 6' USB cable? And heaven help you if you were wanting to buy one at CompUSA...where everything - everything - seemed to start at $29.99 and go up from there.

Best Buy, sadly, seems to do the same sort of thing...their cables, toner, hubs, blank media, drives, etc. are always way more expensive than the same versions you can find at Target or Walmart. You wouldn't think that would be the case, but it is.