Let's see your iWebs

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Let's see your iWebs
Page 3 of 8 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  Next Last Thread Tools
agent302
"I'm learnding!"

Send a message via AIM to agent302  
2006-01-31, 10:43

I just made a quick page with some photos I'd been meaning to put online (for about two years). The integration between iPhoto and iWeb is very nice and convenient.
tcugrilla

2006-01-31, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher45
I am gettin iweb soon and am just curious what some people have done with it so post links!
http://web.mac.com/blueeyedphotographer/iWeb.
rubber_Jedi

2006-01-31, 15:47

Here's my contribution.

Basically this was one afternoon using iWeb, Photoshop and Macromedia Contribute. Please don't pay too much attention to the content as this is not yet ready for prime time - just wanted to add to the frey...

I used PS to make the background images and Contribute was only used to make two of the linked pages open up in -new- windows and to strip the navegation buttons from the splash page. Otherwise, it's all iWeb. (I would be very surprised if these features don't find their way into the next version of iWeb)

BTW - Contribute is a VERY usefull app if you make many updates to the textual content of your websites - and are more of an artist than a programmer. I don't know any HTML, yet I can make most of my client's website updates and never call my programmer (sorry programmers).

Yo-

Last edited by rubber_Jedi : 2006-01-31 at 16:11.
gnasher45

Send a message via AIM to gnasher45  
2006-02-03, 17:38

bump
nato64

Send a message via AIM to nato64  
2006-02-03, 18:58

http://web.mac.com/nato64/iWeb/F3145...Blog/Blog.html
nato64

2006-02-03, 19:04

Then again, I made this using Rapid Weaver and my own knowledge of CSS
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-02-03, 23:01

nato64, you have a lot of typos on the second one... you even mispelled your own last name
nato64

2006-02-03, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by intlplby
nato64, you have a lot of typos on the second one... you even mispelled your own last name

Yeah... I'm horrible at typos. Thanks, I'll correct them promptly.

But website wise, is it okay? I'm all new to this stuff.
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-02-03, 23:27

the purple and green button seem out of place with the rest of the color scheme

counters are cheesy

put the "made on a mac" and heart rapidweaver more discretely at the bottom.... this is a website not a formula 1 car

you could photoshop up the two photos to make it more visually interesting/arresting..... both of them lack 'pop'

if someone clicks the button title like "film gallery" for example... don't point them to a page that says "Please use the navigation palate at the top to navigate to view one of Orloffi'm's major film productions." instead make a page that maybe links to each of the subcategories... in the case of films you could maybe put a screenshot or title for each and/or a brief description

as far as the cookie film (only one i watched so far) you need to spend more time on lighting.... the main character was often times very poorly lit and not in some dramatic way....
nato64

2006-02-05, 04:33

Quote:
as far as the cookie film (only one i watched so far) you need to spend more time on lighting.... the main character was often times very poorly lit and not in some dramatic way....
thanks for the help! :-) honestly, i'll get right on it.

BUT please please understand that the cookie film... yeah, i hate it. it did it in a weekend because my big production went overtime and i had to scrap it. so i ended up doing that p.o.s.

check out the chase, living lives, sixteen years, or the music video... much better examples of my work. also, please understand that after i finish each project, i hate it. i learn from it and get better. so the stuff i'm recommending to you, well, is just my best stuff right now. not that i think it's good actually.
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-02-05, 09:53

no prob... i was just running through it quickly.... i'll go back and check it the others.....

i'm kind of the same way... i'm uber-critical of things i do.... it's not that i necessarily hate them, but i see all the faults and places it could be made better immediately....i'm a big advocate for quality and continual improvement
nato64

2006-02-05, 20:30

Quote:
no prob... i was just running through it quickly.... i'll go back and check it the others.....

i'm kind of the same way... i'm uber-critical of things i do.... it's not that i necessarily hate them, but i see all the faults and places it could be made better immediately....i'm a big advocate for quality and continual improvement
well, for some reason i can't access apple.com or .mac. that HAPPENED to be in between updates, thus, i deleted the old site to replace it with the new. now BAM no site.

check later
nato64

2006-02-06, 02:59

Quote:
the purple and green button seem out of place with the rest of the color scheme

counters are cheesy

put the "made on a mac" and heart rapidweaver more discretely at the bottom.... this is a website not a formula 1 car

you could photoshop up the two photos to make it more visually interesting/arresting..... both of them lack 'pop'

if someone clicks the button title like "film gallery" for example... don't point them to a page that says "Please use the navigation palate at the top to navigate to view one of Orloffi'm's major film productions." instead make a page that maybe links to each of the subcategories... in the case of films you could maybe put a screenshot or title for each and/or a brief description

yay! My site is now up and I've made some improvements. I agree with you on every point you made. Thank you.

The new site sports:

- New image-based gallery viewing so you don't just have to use the pull-down menus at the top
- New nice-looking images indicating "Play Now" on the Home page instead of boring, flat pictures
- New content (classic old stuff)
- "Made for Mac" and "Rapidweaver" are near the bottom
- Deleted counter

EDIT: I would LOVE any more advice that you could give. I need my website to look as professional as possible. Thanks~

EDIT: And to the folks at home, my site is in my signature. www.orloffilm.com.

Last edited by nato64 : 2006-02-06 at 03:28.
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2006-02-07, 16:56

Makes my web thingy look like crap...excellent!
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2006-03-17, 02:09

Here's mine

Last edited by sirnick4 : 2006-03-17 at 04:14. Reason: updated link
RichieB

2006-03-17, 11:17

Here is my first attempt... still a work in progress though!

http://web.mac.com/rbakshi/iWeb/Web/Welcome.html
nato64

2006-03-17, 12:32

in comparing iWeb to rapidweaver and such, here's a different site I've made:

iCritique
vs
my iWeb
titomac

2006-03-22, 21:16

Thought I might contribute with mine as well.
Nothing big though. Just use it to upload pictures for the people back in Denmark to look at.

http://www.terjemosepedersen.dk

rasmits
rams it

2006-03-22, 21:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomac
Thought I might contribute with mine as well.
Nothing big though. Just use it to upload pictures for the people back in Denmark to look at.

http://www.terjemosepedersen.dk

That's really cool, one of the best iWebs I've seen.
titomac

2006-03-22, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmits
That's really cool, one of the best iWebs I've seen.
Thank you.
tcphoto

2006-03-24, 19:29

http://web.mac.com/tcphoto1
girders

2006-03-25, 11:04

www.underwater-photos.co.uk

It kind of sums up what I've found to be good and bad from iWeb. It's a site I do for a mate who writes for Diving magazines and with it being largely gallery based the flexibility of moving images around and adding more in iWeb has been fantastic (tended to use old school HTML coding on the older version). Unfortunately, although the first attempt looked fantsatic with all the drop shadows and image frames etc it took *forever* to load. The real probelm with iWeb is that it makes it much easier to make a good looking website - but much harder to look at one! I'll stick with it as it's handy to add new images so easily and create new galleries etc but it's far from the perfect application - (no control over link colours - come on????) but I can't wait for v2.0.
doublem9876

Send a message via AIM to doublem9876  
2006-03-25, 11:30

Is there any way to put the new slideshow theme onto a website that is not a .mac site?
tcphoto

2006-03-25, 14:43

After reading on the Apple Discussions, it appears that the slideshow is disabled when .mac is not the host. I also wanted to change the background color, but it seems to be far too complicated.

doublem9876

Send a message via AIM to doublem9876  
2006-03-25, 23:51

Gosh, Apple's so sneaky with disabled features like that.
rcm8

2006-03-26, 15:56

Here's my iWeb. Let me know what you think.

http://web.mac.com/rcmorhard

Thanks.
Ryan
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-03-26, 21:01

I like it, nice and simple. Not the best design ever, but it is very simple which is a good thing. A lot of websites are too busy.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2006-03-26, 21:19

That image on the cover page is PERFECT for that reflection. Way to go rcm8!

As for tcphoto, how dare you take such a perfectly appetizing photo of blueberry pancakes without warning me! My mouth is full of saliva because I can totally imagine just what that tastes like. I just hit my emergency stash of frozen blueberries because of you and now my mouth is cold. Sweat and tasty but cold.

EDIT: Ahhh! I am still staring at those pancakes! Its like I'm in a trance. *Licks chops*

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET

Last edited by Ebby : 2006-03-26 at 21:27.
iBook G4

Send a message via AIM to iBook G4 Send a message via Yahoo to iBook G4 Send a message via Skype™ to iBook G4 
2006-03-27, 00:45

www.polomanhkg.6te.net
ironlung

2006-03-27, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBook G4
just a lil overkill on the polos?