User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Last chance on five years' worth of Macworld...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Last chance on five years' worth of Macworld...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-01-20, 15:06

In the process of a move, and have decided that I really don't feel like lugging/storing all my Macworld issues anymore. Every issue from 1999-forward is there, plus quite a few special issues (Digital Hub, OS X, Panther, Buying Guides, etc.).

Free to any fellow 'Novan, but you'd have to pay for shipping. The weight is somewhere in the "heavy as a bastard" range (12 issues a year x 5 years...do the math).

Let me know, either here, e-mail or PM.

They're gonna get flung - which breaks my heart - this coming weekend. I'm only going to keep about 6 months' worth at this point (current issue, plus five most recent...and fling the rest). My packrat days are coming to an end.

Countdown is on: four days and counting...

They're quite a hoot to look through, I have to say. Toilet seat iBooks, silver AirPort base stations, the emergence of FireWire, iMovie 1.0, Sawtooth G4s, the first appearance of OS X, how many fruit-colored peripherals there were in 1999-2001, the G4 Cube, etc.

Lots of history, lots of chuckles, lots of nostalgia...anyone wanting to own a lot of Macworld back issues, here's your chance.

Don't bug me about 'em next week when they're gone...
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2005-01-20, 16:00

I hope someone gets them. Shame for them to go to waste.
I would like to help out, but when it comes to shelf-space, well, you see my problem.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2005-01-20, 16:15

damn man sounds like a really cool offer. i would get them but shipping them my US mailbox will be costly, then having them forward all that weight to kuwait is gonna be a killer

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2005-01-20, 23:55

If nobody springs for them, see if a local library will take them off your hands. This title is a fairly popular library acquisition from my quick look around, but libraries can always find a use for these guys, if even to fill in any gaps in their collections.

Plus, you may be able to write them off your 2005 taxes. Have you gotten them appraised?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-01-21, 00:31

I'd do it but my wife would kill me. We don't need any more clutter. Hope they find a good home.
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-01-21, 00:43

I think I have the same run... Although something tells me yours are in infinitely better condition...

I may have the CDs that came with many of them, but I doubt that would help you get rid of the lot... Ask murbot to ebay it... you could get a few offers...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)