MC: Applenova 1.6: With a Vengeance!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Applenova 1.6: With a Vengeance!
Page 4 of 8 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2013-07-26, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
PLEASE NOTE that I've put in a chest and a lava garbage chute. Please discard all the junk bows that you receive. Bones too, probably. Otherwise, perhaps we can cut in a storage chamber in the area behind the kill box.
I've been taking all my junk bows and repairing them (placing them side by side in your crafting box/table will add the leftover power together) to make a fixed bow that you can sell to the server. Usually it only takes 3 or 4, and while it only nets $15 a bow, it's a little something instead of tossing them.

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-07-26, 13:49

wait. fireworks actually exist in game?!?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-26, 15:00

Thanks for that informational tip, Grey!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-27, 20:25

Villager in Nether!

Guess they can go through like pigmen now. He hit flowing lava and died a horrible death.
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-07-28, 03:20

Stronghold entrance: found. Sign will show up on the map in the next refresh. It's in a forest biome to the southwest of spawn, on the far side of the tundra; look for a stone entryway, surrounded with torches. Entrance leads directly to the End Portal room, and a library is practically next door (though blocked off).

We should explore it as a group - anyone up to the challenge?
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-07-28, 07:48

I took a lava bath and lost my precious Pickaxe... So sad... So very sad.... So very very sad....

Well this drove me to a fairly productive session in which i continued to chip away at the interior of the communal tree farm and built in the zombie xp farm that will be there. There is a slight (minor) issue with the xp farm in that not all zombie drops are accessible from the killing area... I might put a couple of pistons there that can be used to move the items forward... anyway, it works well enough...

Last edited by billybobsky : 2013-07-28 at 11:33.
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-07-28, 15:19

As much as I appreciate a good ducking every now and then... The ducks spawned in my shack destroyed my potato farm. Its more than a slight inconvenience... please refrain from doing so ever again...

could the message be delivered to the smallest member of the server as well, incase he's the responsible party...

Last edited by billybobsky : 2013-07-28 at 17:16.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-28, 15:46

Also, uh, Drew.... allow me to apologize in advance if you, uh, find a ducken or twenty in your desert shack... for old time's sake.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-28, 20:26

Yah, they trampled my wheat. The upside is I have chicken pot pie for a month.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-29, 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Villager in Nether!

Guess they can go through like pigmen now. He hit flowing lava and died a horrible death.
So, multiple zombie rushes combined with at least 5 more villagers wandering into the nether resulted in the village population dwindling to a mere one farmer.

I've moved the village portal into a basement behind an iron door so villagers can't go roast with the pigmen. I also cheat spawned in a few villagers to get the village back to a sustainable population.

Also, the nether side of that portal took a serious ghast beating. I had to patch it with cobble. It ain't pretty.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-30, 18:54

The Village compound is coming along nicely. Mr Noodle tried to get got out a few times. So did the unnamed and unsaddled horse. I had to push it back in the wall after breaking through it first. Then rebuild the wall behind him. Seems they are able to jump angles and one block with ease. So I had to remove a few "stepping" dirt blocks from the wall. Also had to remove a few from the points where the terrain level shifts.

If you put a block against the wall so you can climb up it, please remove it to keep in the locals.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-07-31, 12:59

Dammit Mr Noodle!
http://i.imgur.com/ltMt6.png
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-31, 23:24

I'm the chicken-est player of them all.

Tonight I built a vertical ladder up and away from my nether portal.

There's a stopover glass house along the way.

Another right under a netherdirt shelf.

Stairs from there upward to the roof of the underworld.

Part of the way up there are branches that lead in opposing directions to fortified shooting galleries from which to hide from and shoot at ghasts.

I found my first glowstone finally.

Success!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-31, 23:51

My renovated community sheep/cow/pig farm is finished! There should be three of every color of sheep downstairs. You're all welcome to take wool as needed. Feel free to breed and slice up the pigs and cows too if you need meat and leather.

It's across from the market where my outdoor pens used to be.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-08-02, 00:37

I've finally found a saddle and even named my horse!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-02, 00:38

Bobby Drop Tables!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-02, 00:43

Damn, XKCD. I even got this joke!!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-03, 14:19

Could we move the newly constructed gallows to... I don't know... somewhere not showcasing it in the downtown spawn area?

Just seems of poor taste. Yes, yes, I get that it's clever that we can hang animals now. Feel free to put it by your house if you like, just not in the common area where I was hoping some more creative or communal works might spring up.

billybobsky
BANNED

2013-08-03, 14:56

oh man... I was expecting that to have been your addition....
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-03, 15:55

Grey and I were talking about how it bothered us last night. Agreed!
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-08-03, 19:11

Piggy was released by yours truly... Unfortunately it died. I took the lead and fence post as payment for services rendered.

Now who is the sick fsck who strung it up?
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-08-04, 00:14

All gone now. I guess I missed the memo where this was revealed to actually be real, and not just a computer game.

Was only ever supposed to be a bit of ephemeral silliness, but I apologise if peoples jimmies were badly rustled.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-04, 01:41

Please don't be miffed Bry - it was just wigging us out.

I honestly figured it was Brad or Bruce.

This could prompt a discussion about the perception of the line between reality and fantasy in computer games, but if it does turn into that I think it should have its own thread so that this can continue as a "squee" thread for MC stuff

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-08-04, 02:07

Actually, this makes sense...

Lynching doesn't quite have the same cultural cachet in Britain as it does in the US...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-04, 09:21

Here's an escape route for the pig conversation, should anyone want it, just so this thread can stay on-topic.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-08-04, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Actually, this makes sense...

Lynching doesn't quite have the same cultural cachet in Britain as it does in the US...
Does all hanging = lynching for Americans? That's genuinely fascinating. Hanging in the UK was always something the government did. (Until 1965, of course.)
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-08-04, 11:19

It will for most southern Americans...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-04, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Does all hanging = lynching for Americans? That's genuinely fascinating. Hanging in the UK was always something the government did. (Until 1965, of course.)
Yeah. It's one of those images that burned into our collective memories as part of the horrible centuries-long racial conflict in the US. Rarely was the government known for hangings. It's more associated with racial hate groups like the ku klux klan and backwoods xenophobic rednecks. The klan was still lynching people late into the 20th century.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a good analogy to convey the effect, but think of it as something like putting up a building with a swastika on it. Sure, it has a long history in Indian and east Asian religions and cultures, but to a lot of westerners, it's just the flag of the Nazi party. (wooo godwin's law!!)

¡Damned!

2013-08-04, 12:45

I think it was more of the animal helplessness for me. If it was a creeper or zombie up there I wouldn't have had much of a reaction (except of course that it's taking up valuable real estate in town ) ... even though they look much more like humans and a possible lynch. But a dog or cat and I would've taken it down immediately. Go figure.

I made a comment to Drew in-game that it wasn't quite as bad as T's Animal Auschwitz, so I guess you see where my sympathy lies.

It's just a game, of course, but that doesn't mean that seeing the animals doing something funny or unexpected hasn't endeared their little blocky selves to me somewhat.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-08-04, 19:52

I put a portal in a far-away desert past the village for sand mining pre-1.7. Not that we need to scramble or anything since it'll likely take a month or so, but it's there if anyone needs sand in the meantime without borking the deserts close to town.

Take the Nether path past the Village portal. Easy to find. Also, since I always seem to lose track of space when sand mining, there's a flaming n00b tower on top of the portal hut. It'll help find your way back.

So it goes.