Airpods Pro

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Airpods Pro
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-15, 10:53

I totally agree with you on this. I mean, if they had a guitar to headphones directly kinda thing I could almost see the justification, but this really is just another set of BT headphones.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-09-15, 11:00

(Marshall headphones are just the brand; the actual company making them is Zound, not Marshall.)
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-15, 11:04

Yeah, easy for these outfits to partner up, allow logo usage, etc.

I bet Fender does get into this, either their own making or lending their logo/name to an outfit already doing it. Just seems like a no-brainer if you follow some of their other efforts over the years.

I'm actually shocked they haven't done it yet.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-01, 07:41

Was there a recall/repair thing for Pros that addresses "cracking" in the unit? I realize my right bud now crackles bad. Granted, I'm normally using them on the treadmill so I assumed it would be just earwax and bouncing, until I wasn't running and just turning my head for something and heard it. (Never mind that I don't have THAT much earwax going on.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-01, 07:56

Those of you with AirPods - any version/model - have you ever lost one? In addition to the cost, the other thing that keeps me from going down this wireless road is just how tiny they are. While my traditional, wired earbuds are quite old school, them being tethered together, and then physically connected to my phone (or iPod, back in the day) makes them pretty much impossible to go anywhere. In all these years - iPhones since 2007, iPods before that - I’ve never lost my earbuds. And that’s been with a ton of travel, yard work, hikes, etc.

Every time I get *this close* to hopping on the AirPod train, I always think “I’ll have one of them lost in four days, guaranteed…”. Especially during any sort of strenuous, outdoor activity.

Or does that just not happen? Because they’re tiny and untethered (to each other or a device), does that tend to make you more careful/aware?

If they were $39, I wouldn’t give a rip and I’d already have some. But at $129+, I’ve just been very reluctant/hesitant all this time.

“I can’t pay that for something so small and lose-able!” And so I haven’t.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-01 at 08:07.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2022-06-01, 08:18

I've had 2 sets of AirPods, pretty much since the day they were available. Had to replace the original set due to the battery slowly holding less and less charge.

I have never lost one and have a pretty simple rule about how I keep track of them. AirPods can only be in one of two places: in the case or in my ears.

Never set them down on anything. ever. That's how they would get lost. The beauty of them is that you can leave them in your ear while also stopping playback. They can just stay in your ears if you need a minute.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-01, 09:32

I've never lost mine either. I'm with Kieran on this one, in my ears or in my case. I've had one fall out of my ear once maybe. Knocked out is different, I mean I leaned and it fell out kinda thing. Then it becomes obvious you lost it because noice cancelling stops even if you aren't listening to music.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-01, 09:59

Interesting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-06-01, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Was there a recall/repair thing for Pros that addresses "cracking" in the unit? I realize my right bud now crackles bad. Granted, I'm normally using them on the treadmill so I assumed it would be just earwax and bouncing, until I wasn't running and just turning my head for something and heard it. (Never mind that I don't have THAT much earwax going on.
There is not a recall, but there is a quality program. You can arrange it online through Apple's service webpage, or you can take them into an Authorized Service Provider for facilitation. Expect about a week.

We see a couple pairs/week with the issue.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-01, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
There is not a recall, but there is a quality program. You can arrange it online through Apple's service webpage, or you can take them into an Authorized Service Provider for facilitation. Expect about a week.

We see a couple pairs/week with the issue.
Any idea on how long that quality program is going to run for? Time is really tight right now but I don't want to miss the option to have them cover it if they will.

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2022-06-01, 12:34

I work out daily doing cardio and lifting with the Pros in and never have any issues with them coming out. The original ones were terrible though.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-06-01, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Any idea on how long that quality program is going to run for?
3 years after purchase date.

Last edited by kscherer : 2022-06-01 at 12:42. Reason: Originally said 4 years, but it's 3.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-02, 18:58

Unlike my experience with the MBP battery this was great for the AirPods. Both got replaced for free even though the left one didn't have a noticeable issue to me. Apparently there is a tester they have and it was tested and failed too!

Two free replacements for the price of nothing.
Code:
Parts and Services Item Number Description Price Amount Due 661-17164 AirPods Pro, Left, CI/AR $ 0.00 $ 0.00 661-17165 AirPods Pro, Right, CI/AR $ 0.00 $ 0.00 S4981Z/A SVC,MI SCREENING-INT $ 0.00 $ 0.00 S7765Z/A AIRPODS PRO LEFT/RIGHT FLT RATE-RETAIL $ 89.00 $ 0.00 S7765Z/A AIRPODS PRO LEFT/RIGHT FLT RATE-RETAIL $ 89.00 $ 0.00 Total (Tax Not Included) $ 178.00 $ 0.00

kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-06-03, 10:37

There you go.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2022-07-20, 14:09

Having charging issues with my case. I'm not sure if one of the contacts is gunked up or what. Been cleaning it with alcohol q-tips and it's helping. Ordered a small brush too. Not sure if it's that or it's just starting to fail. I work out in them every day though.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-07-20, 14:38

Did Apple ever hint to how many charge cycles they are good for? I know mine don’t always disconnect from my phone in the case and as a result they won’t charge. I either have to disconnect them in setting or turn off Bluetooth.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-07-20, 18:58

Mine must be 3 years old and I'd jump on new ones if I could justify it, but they still charge well and last a long time. I use them every day!

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2022-07-21, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Mine must be 3 years old and I'd jump on new ones if I could justify it, but they still charge well and last a long time. I use them every day!

Depending what the next update is, I might upgrade. I think my case is on the way out though. Might go up to the Apple store next week and see how much a replacement case costs. I believe I saw $49 on the website.

@yontsey
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2022-07-21, 10:39

Just saw that the Pros were approaching 1000 days since the last real update. Wonder if these will be updated in the fall events? Seems like all fo the AirPods are due for updates.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-07-21, 10:41

At this point I'm actually thinking I would get the Beats set or something like them that doesn't have the stem. I'd like to have the noise cancelling with the ability to wear earmuffs over the top of them.

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2022-07-21, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
Just saw that the Pros were approaching 1000 days since the last real update. Wonder if these will be updated in the fall events? Seems like all fo the AirPods are due for updates.
There’s been rumors of an update this fall. We’ll see.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-10-06, 00:04

My original AirPods recently became charge-needy so I upgraded to the AirPod Pros.

It took me some time to discover that you do not tap them, you have to squeeze the tiny nubs in a particular fashion.

They are heavier.

They fill up my ear too much.

I had the case customized so I figured they won't take them back, so I'm leaving to live with them!

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2023-10-06, 05:30

Trust me, you will love them. I had the original AirPods and tbh, I hated them. The AirPods Pro stay in my ear so much better. I can lift or run or bike with no issues. They great for yard work and stuff. The originals I was constantly adjusting and having to put them back in.

My case on my Pros went out on one of the sides about a year and a half ago so I just bought a used case off eBay with no issues. I might upgrade the next update. I'd really like to get as much of my stuff over to USB-C as possible.

@yontsey
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-10-06, 08:10

If the case was customized by Apple they will still take them in return within the normal return window.

I'm with Yontsey though, you can get used to them and then you will learn to love them. Going into Noise Cancellation is like removing yourself from the environment. Depending on what you're doing this is an amazing thing.

I've been using them for a few years now and meetings are nicer. I don't hear all the distracting sounds I don't want to is just one major thing that stands out to me. I use them shooting, yard work and general listening too.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2023-10-06, 10:57

Same here. My wife bought a pair for her "lost" Pros that she found later and I took them.

Definitely better all around than the originals. Takes some getting used to them, but overall they're a better product.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2023-10-06, 14:23

Also make sure to try different ear tips. I cannot remember if my pros have different sizes or not, the default ones fit me well.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2023-10-07, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Also make sure to try different ear tips. I cannot remember if my pros have different sizes or not, the default ones fit me well.
I believe they come with 3 different sized tips.