MC: the new applenova SMP 1.2 world general discussion

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: the new applenova SMP 1.2 world general discussion
Page 5 of 8 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  Next Thread Tools
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-29, 19:04

I had some dirt I need to get rid of, and I also felt sort of bad for not helping on any community projects yet, so I started terraforming the section of desert south of bobsky's giant pit thing. I'm working from the river in, because that's where the only bits of green were. If anyone wants me to leave part of that section desert (say, for a giant cactuar statue), lemme know or lay down a claim or something — I won't terraform any claim areas, of course.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-03-29, 19:23

We should keep something as desert for a Jumbo Cactuar, but that's ultimately up to Brad.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-29, 19:31

Oh yeah!!!!

Speaking of terraforming - I'd like to keep much of the desert in Adventureland as an actual DESERT, with un-lit spots where there are no settlements. We could build a stone "undercarriage" to reduce creeper damage and sinkholes from belowground excavations.... on top of it there'd be sand piles and it could look natural. blah blah blah, you know what I mean

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-29, 20:05

Wait, I thought it was a beach? I'm confused.
¡Damned!

2012-03-29, 20:35

I think the Adventureland desert will remain desert. I'm not that ambitious or gaudy.

I may be a monster in my own right wrt how I terraform, but I've put that on the back-burner until CACTUAR STATUE*.

* which I would love to be a part of, but so it goes - too many cooks in the kitchen and all that.

So it goes.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-29, 21:48

I don't know where this "Adventureland" is. Circle it on a map maybe?

It's not near town, right? I've only been working on areas near town. So, no worries?

•••

I lit up a bunch of the desert and I've marked three prospective locations for the lighthouse with GIANT ROMAN NUMERALS. I and II would be on the coast up past Slanthaus, while III would replace my ugly house in the "residential" area of town, where we all started. (I don't want to put it on the northern coast, because I'd rather not have to see that mob trap thing.) I want to take a look at them on the map before I decide, to see how they might line up with roads and such, but as of now I really don't care between I and II, so if someone absolutely wants a specific section of that coast, lemme know in the next day or so.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-29, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Are you building there, Brad? I know you were exploring the areas around my ranch the other day.
Negative! No idea whose those torches are.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-29, 22:13

I'll leave the file open so if there are more place names to be added, let me know! I went ahead and added a few places I named...
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-03-29, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Hey boxo - question for ya. What are you building there? The footprint is fairly small, so it got me wondering.

Reason I ask is that it's in the "downtown" area, and if it's a residence I'd humbly ask you to set up home close to all of us over by spawn. There's an awesome hill right behind my house begging for a homestead in fact, or a lot of space between spawn and the test mob trap.

If it's a "commercial" structure, then go for it. Bars, hotels, P.O., Money Bins (), etc. We need those downtown, for sure.

I filled in the creeper holes, and next Creative Day will likely expand on the terraforming sand into grass. I'd like to do your section next, and maybe up to the foot of jack's mountain.
I am not entirely sure yet, but would happily give it up for something better. I had plans in mind, but every time I attempted to do precision work with my tools it would overshoot
I will be working for a good chunk of the next couple of weeks. If anyone wants my claim, they are welcome to it. I like the idea of a residence in town, and will more than likely be going for that next, anyway.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-30, 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I am never going near Drew's place. Ever.
You shouldn't be afraid of ADVENTURELAND, just because you're supposed to SCREAM its name.

The hang drop has been fixed, btw, so getting out of the death pit is a lot easier if you overshoot the ledge above the poison spider ramp. The flower farm is finally (nearly) fully automated, so we FINALLY have a source for roses (WHEW!!). Not sure what Mike is doing with the zombeh-pult but I'm hoping to see those jokers sailing over Pussy Beach by Saturday!!!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-03-30, 11:41

Um. So... remember that if we ever get a trap up and running that any permadark spawnable areas are just going to decrease the efficiency of the trap...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-30, 13:27

Ted's BrickTumblr DethDevice is invincible!!!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-30, 17:28

Robo.

Please, son, PLEASE stop building giant wool pandas in the woods.

I will set fire to the next one I find.

SEEK COUNSELING!!!!!

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-30, 17:43

Foj
Veteran Member

2012-03-30, 19:19

In that case I'll make some in the desert.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-30, 19:28

I marked off an area I think would be good for the Cactuar Statue — it's relatively flat, not yet terraformed, fits nicely with roads, and is close to the core of town (i.e., the exchange). It's south of Bruce's big project. It's 22*22, or 22*18 if we want roads on all sides. I marked it with gravel and a dirt "CS?"

Of course, I'm not building the thing, so y'all can put it wherever you want. I just thought it would be a good spot. The space between Ely's and the Art Center might also be a good fit, since that's also close to the center of town, and we know that Ely's Desert Palace will remain...desert.

Speaking of the exchange, there are now six stacks each of green and lime wool there, for the statue.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-03-30, 22:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
The space between Ely's and the Art Center might also be a good fit, since that's also close to the center of town, and we know that Ely's Desert Palace will remain...desert.
Damn right it shall remain desert.

Last edited by Elysium : 2012-03-30 at 22:57.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-30, 22:55

Boat Rental's what and Repair?
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-03-30, 23:32

LOL, massive fail, Steve!
Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2012-03-30, 23:36

I changed it. it has been fixed for sometime now.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-31, 20:34

BTW, Stronghold found. It's in the train tunnel to the Far East. x=866, y= 50, z= 162. There is a hatch that leads to a ladder down from the train tracks. Also signs to help you see it and head down. Have fun!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-03-31, 23:41

Steve, it isn't fixed. And no, I did NOT change it. Suppose someone else may have, though.
Stevuh

2012-04-01, 21:31

Cactubar is officially open for buisness!!! Or just a nice view of the Cactuar statue if you'd rather.
¡Damned!

2012-04-03, 21:10

Hey Foj - after our discussion tonight about skywalks I realized that a portal may suit you better. Not that I don't love skywalks (as BP will attest) but if you want a quick and easy way to get to town a portal may be even better.

I've been gone for the last few days, so I'm just now checking out the new stuff. Lighthouse is WIN, and while I'm still mildly undecided about the Cactuar Bar (it's nice and all, but stretching over the river gave me a twitch), the kitchen is utterly fantastic. Well done to whoever created that.

So it goes.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-04-03, 21:25

I'm glad you like the lighthouse so far. Of course right now it's just a house. But it will get a light soon!

Once that's done, I already know what my next creative mode project is going to be. Hint:

¡Damned!

2012-04-03, 21:29

The spirals are perfectly done. Impressive.

I have no idea what your next project could be (if it isn't Hogwarts).
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-04-03, 22:33

It's not. Hogwarts isn't a creative mode project.

(Yet.)
Stevuh

2012-04-04, 15:53

yeah Grey i had the same thought when building it over the river. Everyone else on at time didn't voice against it though so... could always be moved to a slightly larger plot of land though...

"History will be kind to me because i intend to write it" -- Winston Churchill

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. -- Winston Churchill
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-04-04, 16:38

yes. not a fan of it over the river. not at all.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-04-04, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevuh View Post
yeah Grey i had the same thought when building it over the river. Everyone else on at time didn't voice against it though so... could always be moved to a slightly larger plot of land though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
yes. not a fan of it over the river. not at all.
Maybe a flip. Put the Cactuar statue where the bar is and put the bar where the statue is. It'll likely project a little into the bay, but is likely better than spanning the river.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.