Homepod: Great audio, crap delivery!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Homepod: Great audio, crap delivery!
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-11-19, 16:30

I will say the one mini sounds great. It is not as good as the Sonos Ones, but close. I can totally image it being awesome. I am not going to pair these so I won't be able to test for you guys. I already have Sonos on my TVs.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-11-20, 10:50

Ok, this has been the worst Apple product set up ever for me.

I have a family and wanted to set up the various voice recognition options like it should. We've had to get devices updated that weren't on 14.2.

One daughter's iPad just won't allow intercom at all. The only option for notification is "Never". Still haven't worked through that.

Mrs T even had issues just getting Siri to recognize it is her.

On the surface it was simple; plug it in, put my phone near it. Answer a few set up things like what room it is in and then ask it questions or tell it to turn off/on lights. Play forest noises, rain etc...

Once we get into the deeper features it was just a pain. I'm still struggling to get intercom working as advertised for iPads and such.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.