User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
mac prices
Kowalsky

2006-01-13, 05:10

hi!

I'm thinking of buying new macbook pro. Thing is that I don't need it for few more months and I am wondering will it's price go down after some time? maybe in 6 or more months. I'm not in the USA now so powerbooks here cost about 1000$ more than @home. Do you think will mac b.pro get cheaper with time?

what is practice with apple, do they reduce price after new models get out?

Thank you for insight,

Kowalsk
mercmerc

2006-01-13, 05:55

I've been buying Macs for about 15 years, I have never known Apple to reduce their prices on their laptops just because they released a new model. Of all the things you can expect a break on from Apple, discount pricing is the LAST thing you should hope for. I have seen some desktops get a cut here and there on rare occasions, but the laptops are like Apple's golden boy or something, and they don't cut any slack on that product line.

Considering you don't need it for a few months, I do think it would be a good idea to wait, as there may very well be some lower priced 12-inch MacBooks coming.
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2006-01-13, 11:49

The iMac in my basement (iMac DV 400 MHz) cost me $1299 all those years ago.
The new 17" iMac introduced Tuesday is the same price.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-01-13, 13:11

Well, my Ti-500 cost $3,499 and it was the top of the line 15.2" when it came out. The new MBPs are $2,499 so sometimes prices do come down. I do think the basline 15.4" MBP will stay at $1,999 for some time though. Just expect the feature set to improve.

I'm thinking that once Merom comes out another MBP update will happen soon after. Although Apple could wait until MWSF '07 before introducing these.
badtzmaru

2006-01-14, 01:52

Someone made a good point to me about Merom: when it gets close or appears in Windows notebooks, expect it in the Pro Apple notebook.