User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Paris Hilton's new book...honestly now...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Paris Hilton's new book...honestly now...
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-20, 11:23

Looks to be a real literary masterwork!

Someone wanna explain this skank - and her seemingly endless "appeal" - to me? Anyone? Hello?

Who, honestly, would buy this? What "lessons on life" would she actually know (well, besides camcorder techniques and whatnot)?

I realize we live in a fairly shallow, celebrity-driven culture that is heavy on the fluff and short on the substance, but doesn't she kinda represent the absolute nadir of that whole thing? About as deep as a mud puddle, and as tuned-in and aware of "real life" as an alien from Venus. A truly useless individual. Famous for...um, being famous? At least other annoyances of mine can sing or act or dance (J Lo, Madonna, Jessica Simpson, etc., although the quality of said singing and acting is up for debate, at least they try! At least they contribute!).

But seriously now, isn't Ms. Hilton on about her 22nd minute? What the hell? Shouldn't she be gone by now? I keep waiting to the day where I don't have to hear about her, but it never seems to come...

Kinda like a white Omarrosa? Famous for no other reason than being famous, with nothing else really to offer or going on under the hood? What a weird world...

Some choice quotes from her royal highness, from the above article. Pass them around, share them with loved ones:

"I think we're living in a moment when having a career, especially a really glamorous one, is very sexy."

Yes. Too bad neither of those things - having a career or being sexy - actually applies to you.

"People act differently toward you when you've got jewelry on your head. Always act like you're wearing an invisible crown. I do."

Hey, if you can't have anything IN your head, ON it seems the next best option. God bless her.

"Everyone does crazy stuff when they're young, but if you're an heiress, you have even more opportunities to mess up."

Spoken like a true woman of the people! We should all know such pain and longing of such a tough, burdensome life.

"Every guy wants to be with a woman who thinks like an heiress. It doesn't hurt to act rich as well as hot. I've found it to be a fairly unbeatable combination."

Well, that...and letting guys videotape your cooter for the entire world to see. Don't downplay the importance of that!

Sigh. Deliver me...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-09-20 at 11:43.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-09-20, 12:12

Come on, you used to have that very cute friend who was out of touch with reality. Hilton is just that girl x100. She's the girl you'd bust on if you were hanging out with her for being so stupid.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-20, 12:20

Um, no...actually I didn't/don't. Not sure what kinda women you're running around with...

I've never found that type of stuff (cloying bubbleheadedness and caked-on, try-too-hard sexpot vibe) appealing in the least.

Maybe if you actually knew me you could speak with some authority on it?
sunrain
Veteran Member

2004-09-20, 12:38

What's a white Omarrosa? Sounds like a drink. If it is, I'll have one.
ast3r3x

2004-09-20, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
1)Um, no...actually I didn't/don't. Not sure what kinda women you're running around with...

2)I've never found that type of stuff (cloying bubbleheadedness and caked-on, try-too-hard sexpot vibe) appealing in the least.

3)Maybe if you actually knew me you could speak with some authority on it?
Well, 2 is probably because number 1

As for 3, that is true.

As for those types of girls, they are some of the most fun to hang out with!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-20, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
Come on, you used to have that very cute friend who was out of touch with reality. Hilton is just that girl x100.
Except that Paris is about as cute as Skeletor on a good day.

Seriously, I don't get what is so "hot" about her, unless you go for that sickly bone-thin, face smashed by a Pepsi bottle, druggie look.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-09-20, 13:28

Alternate titles:

"Tiaras in the Trailer Park... which do I deserve?"

"How to Inherit $Billions and still look like a cheap skank" (rent Born Rich for more documentary footage.)

"No talent or effort? No Problem. Succeed the spoiled starlet way!"

"Born with a silver spoon in my... and my..."

Somewhere, Mother Theresa is rubbing her karmic hands together.
ast3r3x

2004-09-20, 13:28

I said 100x 100x skinnier, 100x stupider

No, but seriously, she would be even hotter if she gained some weight. I am not one for the emaciated look, but I think she looks good for being so god awful skinny. I don't subscribe to the thought that the skinnier the better...I like subtle curves, not angles or whatever type of curves fat would be

What I will say though, is that this book can not be any good. You'd need a room full of editors to make sense out of what she writes probably. At which point it wouldn't be her writing anymore but the editors. I say this just from the extreme stupidity she puts out.

Then again the girl like I knew like this was very good at writing...she was an arty though writing about art, so that is to her advantage.

Last edited by ast3r3x : 2004-09-20 at 14:07.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-09-20, 19:57

pscates, you'll really hate this.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-20, 19:58

Yep, you were right.
ast3r3x

2004-09-20, 20:28

I started looking for a picture where I thought she was cute, but people were looking at me weird in the library.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-20, 20:40

I just did a google.com image search, using "paris hilton". I think I'm gonna be sick. There are no pictures that exist, anywhere, where she's "cute".
ast3r3x

2004-09-20, 21:08

Ok true, she is disgustingly skinny. I've never seen her as she looked in many of those pictures.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-20, 21:14

20lbs. underweight, fake baked to a ridiculous orange hue, dresses like a skank, talks like a moron, about as deep as a bathtub and seems to have a overly high opinion of herself and her place in the world...yeah, where do I sign up for that!

Give me Mariska Hargitay or Sela Ward ANY day, thank you (as long as we're talking about celeb babes we're never gonna have).

ast3r3x

2004-09-20, 21:23

Regardless you missed out not having a cute, not so bright friend

They are the most fun because they're more spontaneous than anyone as they don't get in trouble. So the cutest girls at your school were smart, or you just weren't friends with them?

...maybe there are only people like that at my school :wow:
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-09-20, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeDude
pscates, you'll really hate this.

OMG ... unbelievable - well, in light of this thread, though, not really.

I'm with pscates on this one ... celebrity for being nothing other than a celebrity, ie: grand-daughter of a wealthy hotel chain tycoon (in addition to her video/web notoriety)

DIM (TM) - Doesn't interest me.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-20, 21:46

Quote:
So the cutest girls at your school were smart, or you just weren't friends with them?
Gee, it's going on 20 years!

I was friends with everyone. Just never went for the made-up, perfectly coifed cheerleader/queen type, because the majority of them weren't that interesting or appealed to me. Kinda bubbleheaded, mindless types, doing whatever it took to stay popular and "in the clique". We all know the type. And physically, like a Paris Hilton, they weren't my type: the tanning bed look, the big 80's teased/poofed hair, trendy clothes, caked-on make-up, seemed a bit vain and shallow, etc.

The people I chose to be close to and friends with, yeah...they WERE cute. And they WERE smart. And had way more on the ball than the same 8-10 girls that constantly got all the attention. Amazing, huh? But face it...the jocks and popular guys weren't going to stray outside their boundaries and look at anyone not in that little group.

Just like that movie "Sixteen Candles". And I'd take the Molly Ringwald types over the snooty, barely likable princesses ANY day. There were no Jakes at my school, who actually managed to look beyond the 8-10 popular queens. That was a movie.

You somehow make "cute" and "smart" sound mutually exclusive, like it's gotta be one or the other (a hot, good-time party girl who's nothing but fun 24/7, OR a mousey wallflower with borderline looks but a "good personality" and lots of brains).

Aren't you old enough to know that's not how things break down all the time? You reading "Archie" comics, or what?

johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-09-21, 02:37

She's soooo ugly in the face. Body is ok, never can be too skinny as long as you can pinch and inch on them. Of course I wouldn't touch her skanky ass, but she's not "disgustingly skinny" in my book. Look at the rest of the world and most women are lithe and lean at that age (depending on how much American junk food they don't eat) and I don't mean model types, I mean regular girls. Thin can be natural and healthy. That it so often is not in the USA doesn't mean it is inherently unhealthy. it's just that here it's tied to so much excess and binge purge cycles.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein
ast3r3x

2004-09-21, 05:46

Haha no, I'm not saying there aren't cute smart girls. I guess I am just generalizing from my high school experience which may have been unique. I am not saying my friend was cute and stupid, but she was an art person, and at my school at least normally those kids weren't the brightest in other classes.

From your post, I get the idea of a high school they portray in ever teen movie ever. Never got that impression at mine. I think cell phones has changed a lot of the small cliques into a large group of friends, at least that is how it was at my school, I mean there were smaller groups who hung out, but possibly more times than not, we'd hang out in groups between 30-50
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-21, 06:04

I don't think she looks ugly in that picture.
sunrain
Veteran Member

2004-09-21, 06:53

Quote:
Just like that movie "Sixteen Candles".
I think you may have lost at least half of these boys with that reference.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-21, 07:31

Quote:
From your post, I get the idea of a high school they portray in ever teen movie ever. Never got that impression at mine.
Well, again...bear in mind that my high school days were smack-dab in the mid-80's. Pre-cell phones, pre-Internet, pre-lots of things we take for granted now. Also, a smaller, Southern town. That'll factor into things as well. Football, having a bad-ass car, etc. were high on the list for most there.

It was clique-y, and, yes, it was indeed like a lot of high-school movies.

Putting our personal differences/viewpoints aside, just the time, location, etc. probably make a comparison between the two near impossible.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-21, 07:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
I don't think she looks ugly in that picture.
Ha, that's funny...because that was about the only pic I found of her that made me go "okay, that's a nice shot...no orange tan, and a cool-looking, short 'do...not bad".

But that was the ONLY one. That's not her standard, known look.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-09-21, 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrein
I think you may have lost at least half of these boys with that reference.
Paris Hilton seems to be "Pretty in Pink"
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-09-21, 09:40

Where's my fricking laser pointer....(gimme that thing)....

Look..

On the right is a normal looking girl (Amy Acker) for comparison.

Paris' nose swoops down too much, it's too thin, her top lip is too small and her raccoon-like eye makeup is hideous. She's too gaunt. She has droopy eyes and asymmetry that is not attractive. An overall low class, dopey look.

Compare that to Amy Acker. Her eyes are made up tastefully and don't droop but are awake and lively. Her lips are balanced. Her cheeks have a normal amount of fullness, not gaunt. Nose has pleasant balance in both with and length. Overall smart and likable appearance.

There!....

Paris =fuglllllyyyyy.

(I miss Stern)

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by johnq : 2004-09-21 at 09:53.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-21, 12:31

Haha, I agree with your overall assessment, Paul...funny as hell. I did think the other pics of her on Google were atrocious.
nassau

2004-09-22, 01:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnq
Paris' nose swoops down too much, it's too thin, her top lip is too small and her raccoon-like eye makeup is hideous. She's too gaunt. She has droopy eyes and asymmetry that is not attractive. An overall low class, dopey look.

dude, step away from your mac for a minute. how can u sit and say that her nose is too thin and swoops down. "overall low class dopey look" . she's born this way. is that ok with you? or should she and all other people lose/gain weight to fit your standard? ok, i admit, that picture was not very becoming but she looks good in most pics i've seen, and make no mistake - I'D HIT IT!!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-22, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau
ok, i admit, that picture was not very becoming but she looks good in most pics i've seen, and make no mistake - I'D HIT IT!!
I think I speak for everyone here when I say you can have her! We won't fight you for that honor.
autodata
hustlin

2004-09-22, 01:43

Quote:
There are no pictures that exist, anywhere, where she's "cute".
Dude, you just haven't looked hard enough. Here's one:

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/102113.jpg

You even get some nipple in that one.
SilentEchoes
Unique Like Everyone Else

Send a message via AIM to SilentEchoes  
2004-09-22, 03:06

Quote:
Well, 2 is probably because number 1

As for 3, that is true.

As for those types of girls, they are some of the most fun to hang out with!
I know a girl a lot like that. They are not fun what so ever to hang out with. Perhaps they might say something once that makes me laugh. I would much rather be with a girl that, if there is nothing funny to say or we are not out doing something, I can sit home with, watch the rain, have an intelligent conversation, and still have fun.

I never understood why anyone with half a brain would go for these airheads.

WARNING: Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor.