User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Apple app advertisements

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple app advertisements
Anonymous Coward

2022-08-14, 23:26

I made one of my infrequent visits to Slashdot today, and saw a thread on Apple in-app advertisements being its next big business move. The source article at Bloomberg, which I linked, is labelled a "Technology" article, but it seems to me to be more opinion or speculation. Regardless, it seems to be taken as fact or certainty, and I would expect more articles criticizing or attacking Apple.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-15, 08:55

I just saw an article talking about ads in the Stocks app even for subscribers. I understand it is hard for a company to "leave money on the table" but this is jut not cool IMO. I really hope my pi-hole will keep my feeds clear as they have been.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-08-15, 14:51

As if we don’t get bombed with enough ads. Will Apple turn its own apps into something like the annoying third party apps that constantly interrupt what you are doing with ads. Yuk
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2022-08-15, 15:05

Yeah, I'm not a fan. But, I don't use Apple News or Stocks in any meaningful way that adds would interrupt. Maps, however, would annoy the hell out of me. If Apple makes apps like that, or Notes, or Reminders, into add nests then I might have to find alternatives.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)