User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

video iPod vs Nano - the big (small) decision

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
video iPod vs Nano - the big (small) decision
Planet1960

2005-10-14, 06:48

I'm ready for my next iPod... now what? The Nano is the perfect physical size... Lord knows I stopped carrying around my 60g iPhoto long ago. I was never big on carrying stuff... keys, umbrellas... you get the picture. The video iPod is definitely the better value, but I'm back up to the big footprint and I actually prefer to watch TV at home (and music when I'm out and about).

I already have avout 500 CDs on my iPhoto. After I ranked the songs (1 star - would never listen to; 2 stars - would rarely listen to; 3 stars - sometimes listen to; 4 stars- favorites) I found that I had less than 700 songs at 3 or 4 stars. The Nano is probably the best choice for me.

Then the issue about scratches came up. I blew it off. I did notice the Nano display models at the Danbury, CT store had more scratches than the Mini demos, but I wasn't overly concerned. Last week I was traveling in SanDiego and looked at the demos in a Sharper Image store at the big mall downtown. They were a mess (the Minis were fine). I was almost emabarassed for the salesman demonstrating them.

I'm waiting until January for the 6g Nanos. By then the screens will have been quietly upgraded and the world will be perfect again.
stonyc

Send a message via AIM to stonyc  
2005-10-14, 06:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet1960
The Nano is the perfect physical size... Lord knows I stopped carrying around my 60g iPhoto long ago. I was never big on carrying stuff... keys, umbrellas... you get the picture.
Quote:
I found that I had less than 700 songs at 3 or 4 stars. The Nano is probably the best choice for me.
Quote:
Then the issue about scratches came up. I blew it off. I did notice the Nano display models at the Danbury, CT store had more scratches than the Mini demos, but I wasn't overly concerned.

I'm waiting until January for the 6g Nanos. By then the screens will have been quietly upgraded and the world will be perfect again.
Sounds to me like you have a pretty firm grasp of what you want in your next iPod.