AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Spectacular Black Friday Deals

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Spectacular Black Friday Deals
Page 1 of 3 [1] 2 3  Next Thread Tools
Partial
Stallion

2006-11-23, 12:56

If you see anything that REALLY catches your eye, post it here! There are so many ads to go through a few of us are bound to miss a few things.

There are some really good deal of Craftsmen tools right now. I recommend you take a look at the Sears ad if you're in the market for some tools.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-11-23, 12:57

Walmart is selling 1 GB flash drives for $13 and change.

I'm stocking up.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2006-11-23, 13:29

13 bucks ?!?!?

Are they selling them online, or just in store? And what brand?
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-11-23, 13:31

They're sold online and in store... it's a knockoff brand, but the model number and casing is an exact copy of SanDisk's Cruzer Micro drives... presumably its the exact same drive sold under a different name.

You ask me for a hamburger.
Partial
Stallion

2006-11-23, 13:38

What do you guys think of a Westinghouse 22" LCD for 199? My 17" incher sells for 100 on Ebay and I am thinking of upgrading. It has a 1680*1050 resolution, same as the Apple 20", and it seems to be a pretty nice monitor. It's at Best Buy, for those interested.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2006-11-23, 13:42

XBox 360 Core systems go on sale at Amazon for $100 each at 2PM. First 1,000 units only.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday.htm...=cv%2Fhomepage
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-11-23, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans View Post
Walmart is selling 1 GB flash drives for $13 and change.

I'm stocking up.
Do you have a link for that? I'd be interested in grabbing one, but I'm not too sure I want to go to a Walmart on Black Friday.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-11-23, 13:53

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5403131

The page doesn't display the price though... weird, because our local Black Friday flyer said they were $13.87.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2006-11-23, 13:59

Damn, Amazon is like... Dead!
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2006-11-23, 14:02

I don't understand Black Friday, do the sales go on most of the weekend? Or is it just on Friday? I understand that it probably varies from store-to-store, but traditionally I remember the sales only being on Friday.

Yeah, amazon is dead for me too.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Partial
Stallion

2006-11-23, 14:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
I don't understand Black Friday, do the sales go on most of the weekend? Or is it just on Friday? I understand that it probably varies from store-to-store, but traditionally I remember the sales only being on Friday.

Yeah, amazon is dead for me too.
Amazon is getting owned by the Xbox lovers.

Black Friday is pretty much only for a few hours. Many, many people camp out overnight at select stores to get their hands on the ridiculously good deals. At my local best buy, by 4am ( store opens at 6 most years, 5 this year ), there are probably one thousand people or so camping out. Most of the really, really, really good deals are generally 5-6 hours only, but in reality the limited supply of said product is sold out within a few minutes of the doors opening.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-11-23, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans View Post
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5403131

The page doesn't display the price though... weird, because our local Black Friday flyer said they were $13.87.
It say it's an "in-store saving" but I'll check again tomorrow. If it isn't online maybe I'll battle the crowds.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-11-24, 00:36

Circuit City has 1GB Sandisk SD cards for $3. $30 out the door, less a $27 rebate. I'm tempted to grab one for my Wii.

Best Buy has $25 Gift Cards with purchase of a 4GB iPod nano, which caught my eye, anyway. The iPod nano really is, like, the perfect gift, at least for me. All of my friends want one, but none of them have one. I wish I had enough money to get them all one.

Maybe I'll get everyone Arbor Day gifts or something.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-11-24, 00:37

Anyone want a Toshiba 50" Plasma HDTV for $479.99?
http://bfads.net/pop/3060

Obviously the flyer is a bit misleading...
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-11-24, 00:40

That's still an awesome price on a 32" HD LCD...am broke.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-11-24, 00:46

Well, turns out Staples is selling 1 GB SanDisk Cruzers for $15 before rebate and $8 after... I'll probably be there instead of Wal-Mart

now time to get some sleep; tryptophan, do your stuff

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-11-24, 00:57

Best Buy has 22" Westinghouse widescreen LCD monitors (same resolution as the 20" ACD, with component/S-video/composite/DVI, 720p/1080i compatible) for $199.

That is so tempting.

And while their site bears no mention of it, I've heard Wal-Mart will have Game Boy micros for $40. I regret trading in my GBm, but I doubt I'll have the time to brave Wal-Mart's lines before I work at 7.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-11-24, 01:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
Best Buy has 22" Westinghouse widescreen LCD monitors (same resolution as the 20" ACD, with component/S-video/composite/DVI, 720p/1080i compatible) for $199.

That is so tempting.

And while their site bears no mention of it, I've heard Wal-Mart will have Game Boy micros for $40. I regret trading in my GBm, but I doubt I'll have the time to brave Wal-Mart's lines before I work at 7.
I am tempted by the Westinghouse widescreen. Anyone have any experience with that brand?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-11-24, 01:17

A friend on another forum said that that particular model has been getting good enough reviews from both PC Magazine and users. He's actually the one who told me about the deal.

jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2006-11-24, 01:23

Just did a little trip around town as a friend really want's a Wii and there is rumor of a local GameStop putting some on sale tomorrow. There are lines at the Best Buy's here in town that are at least 400 people long, and this was just after midnight. I'm sorry to say it, but if the monitor strikes your fancy, it's time to head for the line and hope it's not too late.

In my adventure scouting lines for my friend I did see a guy riding a unicycle in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart. That made the night worth it.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
Brave Ulysses
BANNED

2006-11-24, 01:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
Just did a little trip around town as a friend really want's a Wii and there is rumor of a local GameStop putting some on sale tomorrow. There are lines at the Best Buy's here in town that are at least 400 people long, and this was just after midnight. I'm sorry to say it, but if the monitor strikes your fancy, it's time to head for the line and hope it's not too late.

In my adventure scouting lines for my friend I did see a guy riding a unicycle in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart. That made the night worth it.

crap. I would have gotten it had it been there but i don't want (need) it bad enough to stay out all night. I was gonna add it as a 2nd monitor for my 24" iMac. Oh well.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-11-24, 01:40

I was going to use it as a TV. But yeah, there's no way I can get out there. Hell, I work in the morning. *sighs* Maybe next year...

Brave Ulysses
BANNED

2006-11-24, 01:42

Quote:
I was going to use it as a TV. But yeah, there's no way I can get out there. Hell, I work in the morning. *sighs* Maybe next year...

eh, since noticing it ive been reading up on it and apparently the viewing angles aren't that great so as a tv it probably wouldnt be ideal
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2006-11-24, 01:43

Rumor has it Gamestop/EB are getting a "secret" shipment of PS3 in my local area. Not substantial enough for me to check out, but if I'm out at 6 am I might swing by...

User formally known as Sh0eWax
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2006-11-24, 02:35

I just got back a little ago from Secret Sneaker where everything was 50% off from 12-3. Can't believe the amount of traffic there was at quarter of 12. Anyways, I got a pair of Timberland boots for $40, and new sneakers for $24. Nice
Partial
Stallion

2006-11-24, 03:01

going Westinghouse LCD camping now. See you all in the AM. Goodnight.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-11-24, 03:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Rumor has it Gamestop/EB are getting a "secret" shipment of PS3 in my local area. Not substantial enough for me to check out, but if I'm out at 6 am I might swing by...
I can tell you right now that my GameStop is going to be selling some PS3s. They're actually the first PS3s we've gotten, though, so I don't know if the same would apply to other stores.

And we're only getting 20GB models, if you care about that.

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-11-24, 03:35

Aw crap, I can't sleep any more... I'm sitting in bed for like an hour until my friend's dad picks me up.

Quote:
I can confirm this; it was in our local flyer.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-11-24, 03:37

Oh, yeah. Apple's deals are up.

They're not bad.
Partial
Stallion

2006-11-24, 06:28

Well, just got back in from camping out. I got the LCD. There were no vouchers handed out for it, and probably 100 of the displays in store. In years past, I would always head out at 2am and be one of the first 20 or so people. Tonight, I ended up going to two different best buys because the line was simply too long. At the second one, I just decided to start talking to people and try to blend into a group near the front. It worked out very well, but I felt like an ass doing it. Oh well, I did not buy any of the voucher items or cause any trouble so I guess it shouldn't have mattered too much. With that said, I am going to hit the sack and hook this bad boy up tomorrow.