Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Black Friday
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-11-28, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
I think they've been the "chic" vacuum cleaner for a while. I don't really care about that, I just like clean floors.
Yeah me too, no one ever cleans their floors in college. It's weird, I don't like wearing shoes around the house.
Nabber

2008-11-28, 16:13

Not a big fan of the Dyson vacuums. Had one but was unhappy with the durability. For a real vacuum, try a Sanitaire Vacuum. I picked up this one for $275 locally and it is one of the few durable vacuums that you can buy these days. Would still be a bargain at the prices Dyson charges. They really SUCK too! :-) The giant bag keeps the suction high with an Arm & hammer filter to boot.. Anyways, just my $.02.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-11-28, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabber View Post
Not a big fan of the Dyson vacuums. Had one but was unhappy with the durability. For a real vacuum, try a Sanitaire Vacuum. I picked up this one for $275 locally and it is one of the few durable vacuums that you can buy these days. Would still be a bargain at the prices Dyson charges. They really SUCK too! :-) The giant bag keeps the suction high with an Arm & hammer filter to boot.. Anyways, just my $.02.
That's not chic at all, its like a hotel vacuum. Sheesh, But yeah, it certainly looks like it could suck pretty well. It looks heavy as hell tho...

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-11-29, 02:34

OK, it's really not important to me to have a "chic" or "stylish" vacuum (although I heart my Dyson's pinkness) but I'd like one that wasn't some huge monstrosity (no offense!). Plus, I like vacuums with quick-release bins a lot more than vacuums with bags. They're SO much easier to empty and maintain.

Fun fact - every focus test said that users would prefer a non-transparent bin for the Dyson vacuum (because who'd like to see all that dirt, amirite?) but Mr. Dyson insisted on putting one in anyway, just to show off it's innards. And now the Dyson is a super-chic example of functional design. Proof that you have to learn when not to listen to your customers, I guess.

But wow, I really hijacked this thread, didn't I?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-11-29, 02:39

Black friday is dead, who cares. The thread was wrapped up around the bottom of the first page anyway...
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2008-11-29, 11:57

Bought myself a copy of Sid Meier's Pirates.

Loved the original (and Gold version) back in the day... not sure if there's a Somali Pirate mod.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-11-29, 12:35

Shoot! I forgot all about the games man! Strategy games are about all I'll play on a computer, so I wanted to pick up Civ IV, anyone have this?

User formally known as Sh0eWax
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2008-11-29, 17:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Shoot! I forgot all about the games man! Strategy games are about all I'll play on a computer, so I wanted to pick up Civ IV, anyone have this?
Yes. Time-sucking hours of strategery fun. Nimoy VO FTW!