Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

that wasn't nice

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
that wasn't nice
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-08-05, 11:26

why was my thread closed just like that?

i thought this section was for General Discussions.

I do not have a problem so I didnt stick my thread in the Genius section and since this is the section i always am in and know most of the people i decided to post my question here where i can have people i know reply.

i think we should be free to post what we want in the "General" Discussion section or else rename it to a specific discussion.

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-05, 11:33

1. Your thread was closed because there was already a thread covering the same topic, here. We don't want duplicate threads because they clutter up the place.

2. No one was trying to be mean or rude to you. Closing a thread isn't a sign of someone being out to get you. It just means that your thread didn't need to be there.

3. We've already disucssed the issue of people being "free to post whatever they want." Someone raised the issue last week, here.

4. If you have a real problem with a thread that someone closed, it's preferred that you use the private messaging system to contact the mod or admin who locked your thread. That way you don't have to make another post that ends up getting locked.

Speaking of which...

ka-chunk.