AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Misdirecting email links for thread update notices

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Misdirecting email links for thread update notices
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-09-15, 10:19

I know I'm one of the few people who uses the email notice features, but I do. So a few minutes ago Brad replied to the Daily news thread. I clicked the link and it took me to the Queen is dead thread. I replied in the Daily News thread and then Brad did again and the link in the email sent me to the Queen is dead thread again.
The email link is:
Code:
http://forums.applenova.com//showthread.php?t=18230&goto=newpost

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2022-09-15 at 10:30.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-09-15, 11:07

Weird! That functionality is buried deep within vBulletin's code and isn't configurable. It's probably a bug that they may have fixed long ago, but we've been stuck of the same version of vB for ages...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-09-15, 11:10

Wait… are you sure? In a private/incognito window,

Code:
http://forums.applenova.com//showthread.php?t=18230&goto=newpost
took me to the correct place

Maybe blast your cookies and recent history and try again?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-09-15, 12:12

Hmmm....

I don't use Private Browsing except when specifically working with code and want to see edits live. However, on request I emptied caches and now it takes me where I should see.

This makes me wonder if this is tied to a different issue I've seen with the new posts button on the "View Today's Posts" link. Here lately I've not been take to the newest post. Instead I would be taken to one from long ago depending on the thread activity. This was talked about here in the Feedback sub. (Side note: Holy crap it has been over a year!)

Of course, right now all threads are read so I don't have the button the test with. The caching seems to be the problem though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.