Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iPhone 5 sleep/wake button replacement programme

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone 5 sleep/wake button replacement programme
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2014-04-28, 13:11

Has anyone had this problem or seen it? I’m curious because both my girlfriend’s iPhone 5 and my own have eligible serial numbers. I’ve noticed nothing wrong with my sleep/wake button, whereas my girlfriend’s is mushier and doesn’t always register if pressed at the left side (but works okay if you push it normally).

I’d rather have it replaced before it goes outside the two-year limit, if indeed it’s going to go. But I suppose I can’t get it replaced unless I can show it’s broken!

Details from the horse’s mouth:

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton

… engrossed in such factional acts as dreaming different dreams.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2014-04-28, 14:30

Back on my birthday actually, mine messed up for like an hour where it was turning on and off by itself and then it got to the point where it wouldn't turn back on because it was stuck or something like that. It only lasted for about an hour and since then I've never had another issue with it.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
addison
Formerly “AWM”

2014-04-28, 17:46

I had the problem with my phone. You would hit the sleep/wake button and nothing would happen. Then you try the home button which would wake the phone up but you would end up taking a screenshot. It was like the top button was still activated. It started to happen a lot so I made an appointment and the guy told me to restart my phone once a day. I knew I'd be back with that bullshit answer. A month or so later I made an appointment at a store where I know a few geniuses. They swapped the phone but the guy later told me he thought the case I was using was too tight and it was causing it. The new phone's serial number doesn't qualify.