Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - C'mon baby, take a chance with us
Page 13 of 16 First Previous 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16  Next Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-19, 23:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Yep. I had just knocked out the roof when Turtle popped in and stopped me. If we want to keep things as they are, then we need to put the top back on, remove the path I built (Enders are spawning all over it) and replace the water.
FYI, I didn't fix the top, but I did replace the water along the main path this evening so I could take a few minutes to practice my ender stabbin'. The ladder is still there, and I'd be happy to help fix the rest if only I knew what the top is supposed to look like!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-19, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Nope fine as is for this wipe. I'd rather have the cliffs be more of a box around myself without that little jog to the south for the monument.
I'll have to dig up my old files to see what I trimmed last time... I was thinking of doing the same this time (and just assumed Grey's pic was the one from last time).

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-19, 23:34

That said, how are people still feeling about a get-together tomorrow (Sunday) night to take a romp through a whole new world seed, setting aside our current world for the moment? I could be available to join just about any time.

¡Damned!

2016-03-20, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'll have to dig up my old files to see what I trimmed last time... I was thinking of doing the same this time (and just assumed Grey's pic was the one from last time).
There's a few more chunks added in the south to accommodate the railway and Bryson's snow area (plus we need to get rid of that long southern strip).

I'm up for a Sunday romp! Any time after 6-ish (EDT) is good for me.

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2016-03-20, 10:46

Tonight works for me, also EDT.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-20, 16:18

Great! I'll be taking a break for dinner around 6-7 EDT, but I'll be online right after that.

How does 8PM or 20:00 EDT sound for an official restart? We can /tp anyone joining late to the party.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-20, 17:19

I'll try to be on by 8pm tonight but not sure if I'll be able to make that happen. I'll gladly take a /tp when I do show if not from the start though.

Brad, when you are ready to make the world upgrade please do an extra backup and let me know what the time stamp is so I can do a final map of the world prior to the 1.9 upgrade.

For the map trim, I wouldn't mind if the mushroom islands stay though I don't think they are pressing. I'm planning to build some stuff underground there with a giant red mushroom entrance. Right now I just have a mushroom claimed.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2016-03-20, 18:51

Wait, is this a 1.9 romp or a final 1.8.8 romp?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-20, 19:24

When it rains it pours. Just got back in the car after 45 minutes in the misty cold changing a tire out at dinner. On my way home. Will join you guys just a few minutes.

Posted on my iPhone
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-20, 19:41

So apparently when your tire hits 0 PSI, the electronic air pumps at gas stations like Sheetz won't give you any air at all. I guess they can't tell the difference between an empty tire and just holding your thumb over the tube? Meh.

Also, if you think you can rely on a can of Fix-a-Flat, be sure you check and replace that can once every few years. I'm guessing mine was somewhere between five and ten years old, and the seal on the can lid itself had gone bad over time and the thing rapidly oozed this horrible rancid sticky mess from the cap all over my hand. Thankfully I had a wad of napkins in my jacket pocket for quick cleanup.

And if you keep a spare in your trunk (of course you do it would be stupid not to), be sure you check its pressure from time to time too because otherwise *surprise!* it's going to be flat when you need it too.

*shrug*

¡Damned!

2016-03-20, 19:48

Dang, that's some shit.

Everyone else had some trouble as well (including me), so I waited for a bit then split. I'm intermittently checking back in to see what's what and who's on.

Maybe we just jump right in to 1.9 tonight? If everything is prepared to do so that is.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-20, 19:51

Also, to your previous question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Wait, is this a 1.9 romp or a final 1.8.8 romp?
It's a 1.9 romp, baby! I'm going to set aside the 1.8 world just for the moment, and I'll do the for-reals trimming later tonight (or whenever we're done with the romp).

I'm getting onto the servers now.

edit: shutting down 1.8 now!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-20, 20:02

We're live baby! 1.9 or bust!!!

And since this is just a throwaway world, I don't mind sharing the seed!

http://mineatlas.com/?levelName=Appl...10457565022166

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-20, 20:18

I've stopped the automated map generation and will archive the completed map that is there now. It was for the backup that ran at 20:50 tonight.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-20, 22:00

Great! I'm about to run one last manual backup of all 1.8 world data. Then I'll upgrade in-place, Grey and I will test a few things, and then I'll proceed with the trims.

edit: Actually, since the last backup completed (20:51) just moments before shutdown (21:00), we'll just stick with that. I spot-checked it and all looks good.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-20, 22:15

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but on my Mac, the default setting for the weapon cool-off was set to *none*, meaning there was no good indication when to attack again.

As of 1.9, you probably should go into Options: Video Settings: Attack Indicator and set it to something else. I prefer the Hotbar option.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-20, 23:31

Brad stole a mooshroom earlier tonight...

kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-20, 23:58

Sorry I couldn't make it. I had a very busy day getting the garden ready for spring, building some planters and doing some wood projects in the shop. As much as I love MC, real life does take precedent once in a while.

Hope you guys had fun!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2016-03-21, 00:06

I've had things going on in personal life, sorry I missed out. Will look out for the next time

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2016-03-21, 00:37

Had stuff come up tonight.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-21, 00:47

That was fun!

Rowdy, Drew, Ken — we certainly missed you guys, but don't sweat it. Turtle and Elysium had to cut out kind of early tonight, too. In the end (pun fully intended), it was just me and Grey verifying that Cashout Cove wasn't broken and then harassing enders and a dragon for a good while.

Let's schedule another one of these Real Soon Now™ so we can have a proper team vs. dragon fight and scavenge the end islands for a some cities.

I'm still free tomorrow (Monday) night if that works better for some of you guys.

¡Damned!

2016-03-21, 09:08

Looks like the new seed didn't take. I was out trying to get a grip on the new boat mechanics (weird) and hit the edge near 'topia – things looked familiar. I went over to arteggio's castle to confirm, and still mesa. Restart?

I may get a practice dragon battle under my belt in the meantime. All the mobs are positively evil in 1.9.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-21, 09:18

Yeah, in my late night stupor, I forgot to run the trim script. I'll knock that out today.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-21, 09:43

Jess is way behind on math and, as her tutor, I am going to busy this week helping her get caught up (while trying like hell to understand radicals and quadratic equations ).

Not going to be any Ken/Jess on MC this week.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-21, 20:05

I started removing torches from the rail system. No baddies should be able to spawn there, but keep an eye out in them in case they do so we can address it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Dr. Bobsky

2016-03-21, 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Jess is way behind on math and, as her tutor, I am going to busy this week helping her get caught up (while trying like hell to understand radicals and quadratic equations ).

Not going to be any Ken/Jess on MC this week.
Isn't she in college? Phi Beta kappa? Aren't these high school math?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-21, 21:02

Brad, did you do the trim yet? It doesn't look like it from the world tar size. Just checking before I try to run a new map for 1.9.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-21, 21:25

I'm working on it locally right now, actually...

About to post a pic to verify... stand by!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-21, 21:38

Last post before I update and run the script... using Grey's previous post, I updated my list so the trimmed world will be:

kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-21, 21:46

Wait, are we upgrading? What about our player inventory?