Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Need some help with recording audio

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Need some help with recording audio
viji_99

2005-05-19, 16:31

Hi,
I would like the mp3 version of some rare old indian music that I'm able to find and play in some websites but am unable to download (I'm looking to add them to my iphoto, imovie projects). Unfortunately some of them aren't available the U.S. so I can buy. Is there a way I can record them somehow from the player (can I hook audio out from my PC to the audio-in of my IMAC and record). Appreciate yr help and thanks for reading this post.

I'm sorry if my question is basic. Not sure if this qualifies for Genius Bar
noleli2

2005-05-19, 16:40

Audio Hijack should do the trick for you.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2005-05-19, 16:42

Try some of these

Audio Hijack always seems to pop up, but I have never used it myself.

EDIT: GRRRRRRRR, too slow
viji_99

2005-05-19, 16:52

Thanks guys and appreciate yr help. Will try these products and post back.
viji_99

2005-05-23, 15:40

Hi,

I tested this with Audio Hijack Pro y'day (connected my PC audio out to my Mac audio in and recorded). It worked great. It is my understanding that recording can't be done with just Audio Hijack. It reqires a Pro version. Did I get it right? Thanks.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-05-23, 15:58

You can use the basic recording features of WireTap Pro for free. You shouldn't need to use the audio cable, though. It should capture the audio internally without needing to patch the in/out ports together.

If you have that cable, though, you should be able to use any of the free regular audio recording tools. Simply search for "record audio" on MacUpdate.com

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
oldmacfan
Veteran Member

2005-05-23, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by viji_99
Hi,

I tested this with Audio Hijack Pro y'day (connected my PC audio out to my Mac audio in and recorded). It worked great. It is my understanding that recording can't be done with just Audio Hijack. It reqires a Pro version. Did I get it right? Thanks.
There is an extended feature set in AHP that is not in the standard version. But I am not aware of the exact feature sets of both, but you can find the comparison on their website.

I paid for Pro and it is very nice. I use it to convert my paid for DVD content for play on my iPod. I have yet to tap anywhere near the feature set of AHP, but I will sooner or later.

Mile 1
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2005-05-24, 04:18

Since about version 5, I have spashed out £20 on Quicktime Pro. I am sure some of the free software is as good if not better but I like to have that extra functionality build right into the system - well worth £20 every year or two IMO.

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!