User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 2 of 77 Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  Next Last Thread Tools
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2008-08-08, 07:24

The trophy thing is all a mystery to me, too, because despite playing hours and hours on Eden, I haven't gotten a single one and I returned Uncharted (GS sucks in a lot of ways, but their 7 day return policy on used stuff is nice) when I completed 1/3 of in a couple of hours. What's your PSN name, Robo? Mine's phoenix_arnoud.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2008-08-08, 07:29

I'm playing GTA 4 and Oblivion on my new 360 (just got it three weeks ago yesterday). I'll probably pick up the first Halo the next time I see it somewhere, and that can hold me over until Halo 3 drops in price a bit more.

On the PC, I'm playing Unreal Tournament 3 from time to time, but most of my gaming is on the 360.

Like a lot of other people, I'm not really playing my Wii at all. I got Mario Kart last month, but it's really only fun with other people and my wife isn't interested. I'll play when we have friends over, but that's about it.

I would have a good chance to play the hell out of GTA this weekend, but I'm building a new patio instead. Can someone remind me why I bought a house?

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-08-08, 07:45

You can get Halo 3 off ebay for like $25. It's well worth it, especially if you play online.

Honestly, I've had the game since it came out and I have never played the campaign. I have only played online for the last year or two.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2008-08-08, 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
You can get Halo 3 off ebay for like $25. It's well worth it, especially if you play online.
I don't play online. I can't really justify the cost of Live right now, so I'm not doing it. Maybe when I have more games, it'll be worth it, but right now I'd be paying $50 a year to play GTA (and maybe Halo) online.

I'll keep an eye on eBay, though. I've not seen it that cheap there, but I've not been watching all that closely.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2008-08-08, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
But it's okay, because Majora's Mask is really, really good.

It's one of my favorite Zeldas. Ocarina of Time is overrated...yeah, yeah, it was great for its time, but later titles have bested it in gameplay, and Majora's Mask bested it for story. I was "wowed" by MM from the moment it came out, because it was so different...so much "darker" than any other Zelda (at the time).

Even to this day, my favorite Zeldas are the "side-story" ones (Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass, and MM.)
<3 Majora's Mask! That game was by far the darkest Zelda to date. Not a big fan of playing as Young Link throughout, but some parts of that game are so awesome (all of Stone Tower Temple, TBQH). Such an underrated game.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2008-08-08, 12:17

Found my SNES. Secret of Mana and the Super Star Wars ftw
Dave
Ninja Editor

2008-08-08, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argento View Post
Found my SNES. Secret of Mana
That's near the top of my "greatest games" list. Really excellent game.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-08-08, 13:19

Before this summer I had a 360, it finally crapped out on me so I decided to get a PS3 for the Blue-ray and HDMI. Since then I've had a bit of a struggle finding good titles. I'm not sure what to buy next cause there simply isn't anything eye-catching, yet.

Madden seems like a good choice, but none of my friends have a PS3 so the multiplayer is outta the question (I see madden as mainly a multiplayer game).

I'm looking forward to The Force Unleashed, and Mirror's Edge... right now I dl'ed the Lego Indy demo...

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-08-08, 14:22

Yeah, I hear ya on the titles for PS3. What kind of games do you like? I bought Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for it and looooved it.

Nothing really on PS3 has jumped out at me either, but then again I don't follow games like I use too. The next main game I'm waiting for is Ghostbusters for Xbox 360.

@yontsey
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2008-08-08, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
But it's okay, because Majora's Mask is really, really good.

It's one of my favorite Zeldas. Ocarina of Time is overrated...yeah, yeah, it was great for its time, but later titles have bested it in gameplay, and Majora's Mask bested it for story. I was "wowed" by MM from the moment it came out, because it was so different...so much "darker" than any other Zelda (at the time).

Even to this day, my favorite Zeldas are the "side-story" ones (Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass, and MM.)
At first I didn't like it. The colors and game design were off. The first level was ugly and a bit too goofy for me. But the more I explored the world, the more I enjoyed it. I'm moving on to Windwaker next, and then Twilight Princess. And somewhere in there both Oracle of Seasons and Phantom Hourglass. I have played every Zelda, but never beat the ones listed because I didn't finish Majora's Mask
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2008-08-08, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Madden seems like a good choice, but none of my friends have a PS3 so the multiplayer is outta the question (I see madden as mainly a multiplayer game).
You can play versus unknown people you know. And it's free.... MOUHAHHAHAH... FREE !!! MOUAHAHAH (diabolic laughing)
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-08-08, 16:12

For the PS3 I have Gran Turismo 5, GTA IV and Ratchet and Clank. I love all three of them.
Axl

2008-08-08, 16:20

I finished Deus Ex a few months ago. One of the best games ever!

Even though I don't have a console, I'm looking forward to Bionic Commando Rearmed. I'll have to mooch play-time off my friends.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-08-09, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmegatool View Post
You can play versus unknown people you know. And it's free.... MOUHAHHAHAH... FREE !!! MOUAHAHAH (diabolic laughing)
Yeah, I suppose so. However, I don't find this a particularly appealing notion for two reasons. In my experience the pleasure of playing Madden has been rooted primarily in the friendly competition, trash talking, and the face to face experience. Its more difficult to get that level of camaraderie with someone over the internet, at least at first.

Also, in '08 the online matches were somewhat laggy, the experience didn't seem refined. Granted the developers may have gotten this aspect right this time around, I understand the game has been thoroughly improved. I suppose I'll wait to read the review and maybe make an impulsive decision next time I'm at the store.

In retrospect, I think the free online play is one of the biggest things that drew me to the PS3 over another 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Activision actually clarified that the game isn't cancelled, but that it will likely be released under a different publisher name, as scratt said. Documents included with a Xbox 360 demo that was recently sent to a few publishers, though, indicate a spring 2009 release instead of the original fall 2008 date.
I was disappointed as well hearing the Activision wouldn't be picking up the game. Altho hearing the dev is shopping for a new publisher is a reassuring feeling, my gut tells me there may be more significant delays on the road ahead.

User formally known as Sh0eWax

Last edited by Maciej : 2008-08-09 at 01:27. Reason: forgot to add, didn't wanna crosspost
popantique

2008-08-09, 06:22

Do PC games count? I'm completely addicted to The Sims 2. I download tons of hair and clothing mods and fill my towns with sexy lipstick lesbians.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2008-08-11, 21:18

I finally acquired a copy of Knights of the Old Republic (borrowed from my father) and it's FANTASTIC. The amazing plot twist, the wide variety of dialogue options, the ability to swing a lightsaber and use awesome force powers- once I finish I want to play through again as DS, and then perhaps a 3rd time through to pursue the Carth romance. (I decided Bastila was hotter than Carth, so I downloaded a mod that lets female PCs hit on Bastila, yay!)

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-08-11, 22:51

KotOR is one of the best games of all time, IMO. I've tried playing through it as a dark side guy, but I keep not being able to do some of the things you have to. I guess I'm too much of a pinko-commie or something .

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2008-12-01, 12:08

Big'ish bump.

I'm playing Mirror's Edge right now. What a great game! From the aesthetic to the mechanics, it's superb. It's sort of hard to get the flow of the game at first, but once you do, it just moves.

Beware though: if you're prone to motion sickness, it might not be too good for you. I feel a little sick after playing for a bit. If you're tired of shooters and don't feel like an RPG, this might be a nice change of pace for you.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2008-12-01, 12:29

Currently playing Eternal Sonata, NHL '09, Chrono Trigger, and Star Ocean: First Departure.

I was skeptical of the rerelease of CT on DS, but they left all the classic control options in, so I'm happy with being able to take it everywhere.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-12-01, 12:32

I beat CoD: World at War last week. Good game but their games are always too short.

I've starting playing NCAA 09 this week. First time in 4 years that I've played this game. The game play has gotten a lot better, which was always my biggest grip. Now I'm just waiting to get the Roster Files so I can have all the names and be able to export draft classes to Madden.

@yontsey
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2008-12-01, 12:37

I recently finished GTA IV, and I'm revisiting a few older games right now. Mostly I'm playing Oblivion (of course -- I'm an addict), but I'm also picking at the first Halo. I also picked up the first Gears of War not too long ago, and I'm playing through it for the first time.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2008-12-01, 12:42

Pirates! on my MBP at 1920x1600 Yarrrrrrrr!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-12-01, 12:50

I'm playing Battlefield: Bad Company. I really like it - I love how you spend a lot of time just running like hell, seems a lot more realistic than the "superman" characters you usually get in shooters. My character must look like a right junkie, though, the number of times I've used that injector thingy!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-12-01, 12:52

Xbox 360: A little of everything. I've been using it more as a media server lately, watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (never got around to watching it) and episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (hilarious show BTW). Game-wise, though, I've played Madden 09, Forza 2, and Fallout 3 recently.

PC: Haven't gamed much on my PC in recent months, but this weekend I picked up Company of Heroes: Gold Edition for $30 and played it with some friends. It's a real-time strategy based on WWII and it's especially fun and fast-paced because it doesn't require you to gather resources per se... instead, capturing territory increases the rate at which resources are generated. Also, the graphics are stunning and very detailed.

The other one we played was SWAT 4. It's a couple year old FPS based around police operations. The goal is generally to enter a building and rescue hostages while protecting your team. You get points for avoiding police and civilian injuries, apprehending (rather than killing) suspects, reporting any arrests or injuries, and so forth. You get a wide range of non-lethal weapons like the beanbag shotgun, sting grenades, and so on, as well as traditional weapons. The multiplayer is fun too - you get 1 point for killing an opponent, but 5 points for arresting them. If you stick together as a team, it's very hard for the other team to make arrests, and there's a lot of strategy involved.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2008-12-01, 12:52

Mirror's Edge and WipeOut HD.

Hey Wyatt, speaking of GTA, I'm kind of stuck. I did a Pegorino mission called "pest control". I needed to kill Ray. I did. When the mission finished, I called Pegorino to tell and then... nothing. There's no mew mission or anything. I don't know what to do. I looked some walkthrough but I can't find what I'm looking for.

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
tomoe
Veteran Member

2008-12-01, 12:56

I've been playing Dead Space, Fallout 3, and Little Big Planet.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2008-12-01, 13:02

Quote:
Hey Wyatt, speaking of GTA, I'm kind of stuck. I did a Pegorino mission called "pest control". I needed to kill Ray. I did. When the mission finished, I called Pegorino to tell and then... nothing. There's no mew mission or anything. I don't know what to do. I looked some walkthrough but I can't find what I'm looking for.
You probably have missions to do for somebody else first. While the game isn't completely linear, some of the story lines are interwoven to the point that you have to advance one of them before another will continue. Try doing some of the missions you have for people tied to the main story line (like Packie or his brothers, for example).
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2008-12-01, 15:55

That's my problem, there no mission left. There's no letter/symbols on the map. I think I called pretty much everybody and nobody answer. YAY !!!.
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2008-12-01, 15:59

Am I the only one playing Wrath of the Lich King? Also, CoD 5 with my coworkers.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2008-12-01, 16:01

Quote:
That's my problem, there no mission left. There's no letter/symbols on the map. I think I called pretty much everybody and nobody answer. YAY !!!.
I'm not really sure what to tell you, then. I do know it took longer than I thought for some of the later missions to trigger. If you're near the end of the game, try doing some other (non-story) stuff for a day or two.