User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Iphoto just sits there and fails to load photos

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Iphoto just sits there and fails to load photos
Velauno

2005-02-27, 18:01

I have an IMAC 20 with 10.3.8 1 gig of ram.

My pictures folder has 693 mb of pics in it.

I am the administrator and the only one logged in. Iphoto just sits there and fails to load the pictures. It stalls at "LOADING PHOTOS...." and the little spining wheel.How long should it take?

I upgraded from a disk image not a disk. Its being going for about 20 minutes and nothing.

Could Iphoto 5 be corrupted?

TIA

Last edited by Velauno : 2005-02-27 at 18:30.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-02-27, 21:41

Upgraded from a "disk image"? I've got the sneaking suspicion that you didn't buy iLife, did you? Hmm.... Anyway, do the usual deleting preferences, etc. before panicking. What happens if you just move your photos someplace else? Like pretend that you don't have any photos at all? Will iPhoto open then?

Also, try holding "option" while iPhoto opens. Does that change anything?
baaron

Send a message via AIM to baaron  
2005-02-27, 22:37

Delete the iLife suite, and re-install. Same thing happened to me after I upgraded from iLife 04. A clean install is almost always better. Don't worry about moving your pictures/music. As long as they are in the default places, the freshly installed iLife will recognize them and "update" them. (This takes FOREVER.)

I like Bawls and Rocket Fuel! (See http://www.xoxide.com/)

D00D, like 1337 totally man, have you seen Anchorman???
bluengine

2005-03-24, 17:09

I have the same problem stuck with "LOADING PHOTOS...". I thought my iPhoto4 might be corrupted and just bought iLife05 for the purpose of upgrading the iPhoto4 to iPhoto5 hoping the problem would go away with the upgrade, but .. no luck! Any suggestion or fix?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-03-24, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengine
I have the same problem stuck with "LOADING PHOTOS...". I thought my iPhoto4 might be corrupted and just bought iLife05 for the purpose of upgrading the iPhoto4 to iPhoto5 hoping the problem would go away with the upgrade, but .. no luck! Any suggestion or fix?
Have you tried holding the "option" key while launching iPhoto?
bluengine

2005-03-28, 15:26

Thanks for your hint."option" launch gives two options: 1. choosing an existing folder to open with, 2. creating a new iPhoto library. When I tried to open my existing iPhoto Library, it failed again, loading photos that never came up. So I had to start a brand new iPhoto Library. Once I downloaded my new photos from my camera, the new library worked.