death87

2005-06-30, 04:38

it's here:
-http://www.ipodgeneration.com/fr/actu/1617/
-http://www.mac4ever.com/actuReagir/index.php?t=12343

it's in French.

Quote:
[Exclu] iTunes reconnait les Motorola ! Hier à 22h53

Sujet validé par Grouik, proposé par World So Cold à 19:58.

Aujourd'hui j'ai branché le Motorola (téléphone portable) d'un ami sur mon iBook, et iTunes s'est ouvert tout seul, j'ai vraiment halluciné. Une boite de dialogue est apparue me demandant le nom que je souhaitais donner au Motorola, ça m'a fait comme avec mon iPod la première fois où je l'ai branché sur mon iBook. Ensuite le portable est apparu dans la colonne de gauche, et j'ai pu y glisser quelque mp3 et des AAC (sans DRM, ceux avec DRM n'ont pas voulu se copier, et il s'agit de la même gestion que pour l'iPod Shuffle), j'ai pris 2 photos d'écrans pour vous montrer :

Image 1
Image 2

Le portable de mon pote est un Motorola avec 32MO de mémoire interne et une carte de 512mo, je ne sais pas du tout de quel modèle il s'agit...
have a nice day

Last edited by death87 : 2005-06-30 at 04:57.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-06-30, 05:13

Eh... YAY! First to reply!

I'm really on top of things now...

So, is this the iPod-esque iPhone with revolutionary iPod-like user interface & click wheel (yay), or is this that Motorola thing (meh)?

You ask me for a hamburger.
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2005-06-30, 06:29

this thing is leaking like the Titanic
death87

2005-06-30, 06:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
Eh... YAY! First to reply!

I'm really on top of things now...

So, is this the iPod-esque iPhone with revolutionary iPod-like user interface & click wheel (yay), or is this that Motorola thing (meh)?

Really, I don't know , I'm just french guy who share with you Mac4ever News
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2005-06-30, 06:39

4.9.1, next week

Got to get through Live 8 first to enjoy this phone stuff..
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2005-06-30, 06:56

What if it's all already there in 4.9, but doesn't appear until you plug one of them in....?
death87

2005-06-30, 08:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson
What if it's all already there in 4.9, but doesn't appear until you plug one of them in....?
apparently yes
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2005-06-30, 11:26

Well unless an magical icon pops up in preferences when you plug it in, they will have to update iTunes to change the whole preferences around.
Engine Joe
Going Strange...

2005-06-30, 11:39

But there is a "magical" icon in iTunes' preferences. Open up your iTunes Preferences panel and look at the podcasting icon. Pretty, isn't it?

Then switch your color depth to 256 colors in System Preferences->Displays. And take another look at the iTunes preferences panel. All of a sudden the podcasting icon has been replaced with a cell phone. Really. Give it a try.

It's there under the hood.

Seriously.
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-06-30, 11:48

Here's a translation of the original in case anyone wants it:

Quote:
iTunes knows the Motorola! Today at 10:53 PM

Today I connected the Motorola (cell phone) of a friend to my iBook, and iTunes opened all by itself, I truly saw. A dialog box appeared demanding the name that I wanted to give to the Motorola, just like with my iPod the first time I connected it to my iBook. Then the phone appeared in the left column, and I was able to slip some MP3's and AAC (without DRM, those with DRM didn't want to copy, and it has the same management as the iPod shuffle), I took 2 photos for you to see:

My phone is a Motorola with 32 megs of memory internal and a 512 meg card, I don't know all of which model it shows...
shatteringglass

2005-06-30, 12:49

Something looks fishy in one of the screenshots. First, in the iTunes prefs pane, it says "iPod Phone" and we all know that there is no such thing as an iPod phone, only a mobile phone with the iTunes Mobile jukebox software. Second, in pref panes in general, the name label underneath an icon does not wrap to a second line if it gets too long, it only "pushes" the other icons to the right to accommodate the length of the label.
hanyou23

2005-06-30, 12:59

That cell phone under 256 colors is somewhat similar to the leaked iPhone photo, but not quite. My guess is someone copied the little phone icon in the prefs and made a nice Photoshop mockup... but then again that's my take ...
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-06-30, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteringglass
Something looks fishy in one of the screenshots. First, in the iTunes prefs pane, it says "iPod Phone" and we all know that there is no such thing as an iPod phone, only a mobile phone with the iTunes Mobile jukebox software. Second, in pref panes in general, the name label underneath an icon does not wrap to a second line if it gets too long, it only "pushes" the other icons to the right to accommodate the length of the label.
Well, regarding your first point, people have already found references to an "iPod Phone" inside of iTunes 4.9.

You're right on the second point, though. Take a look at Xcode - it needs a scroll bar to get through all of the preference icons. That might be a bit complicated for iTunes, but they could just make the window a bit bigger to accommodate the word 'Phone.'
death87

2005-06-30, 14:22

It's very interresting to read yours answers, but I can't react because my english is so bad....
shatteringglass

2005-06-30, 14:47

Try anyway. It always makes good practice...
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-06-30, 15:53

Or just respond in French. The Translation Dashboard widget is there for a reason, right?

If all else fails, someone like me who speaks both languages can translate.
death87

2005-06-30, 16:44

oh it's very nice , so you can read Here my reaction in mac4ever, I talk about Apple Insider who stolen the news (of World So Cold), and re-use it for their account without quoted World So Cold, they use his screenshoot too, ok they not seems the same because they modified them, but we can see a mistake on WSC screenshot and we re-find the same mistake on Apple Insider screenshot. We can see "Audio" at the top of preference dialog box, normally we should see "iPod Phone"

Last edited by death87 : 2005-07-01 at 06:00.
shatteringglass

2005-06-30, 19:38

Well, I never saw AppleInsider as real news. They don't have any real sources, unless you count Think Secret.
death87

2005-07-01, 10:26

Here a little clip of the iPod Phone connection, synchronization, and ejection.

the clip was made by World So Cold
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-07-01, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by death87

Man, I feel like I'm looking at alien UFO footage from France.. lol

Wow, no kidding. I actually hope that Sprint doesn't end up with this phone -- I'm looking for another excuse to dump them and start with a new carrier!
death87

2005-07-01, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
Man, I feel like I'm looking at alien UFO footage from France.. lol
celebi23

Send a message via AIM to celebi23  
2005-07-01, 18:37

Some stuff I dug out of iTunes. Really excited about the hidden iPod

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6...odphone8yf.png

[edit by Brad: Please do not post extraordinarily large images inline.]
hanyou23

2005-07-02, 07:36

iPod Phone, eh? Sounds familiar ???

The icons still look different, though .....
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-07-02, 07:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi23
Some stuff I dug out of iTunes. Really excited about the hidden iPod

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6...odphone8yf.png

[edit by Brad: Please do not post extraordinarily large images inline.]
That's some nice work, celebi. But why in hell would Apple make a black iPod?
hyperb0le

Send a message via AIM to hyperb0le  
2005-07-02, 07:47

Quote:

I'd like to point out that this clip doesn't necessarily prove anything. It would be easy enough to name a normal iPod "My Moto" and replace the iPod icon images in iTunes.rsrc with the new phone ones that people have uncovered. Notice, the video never shows the preferences or the entire iTunes application...

"I understand small business growth. I was one." - George W. Bush
death87

2005-07-02, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperb0le
I'd like to point out that this clip doesn't necessarily prove anything. It would be easy enough to name a normal iPod "My Moto" and replace the iPod icon images in iTunes.rsrc with the new phone ones that people have uncovered. Notice, the video never shows the preferences or the entire iTunes application...

You want more??? No problem, I have a clip which show "the preferences or the entire iTunes application...", but I can't put it online for the moment, you will have to wait 2 or 3 hours, maybe more..
celebi23

Send a message via AIM to celebi23  
2005-07-02, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
That's some nice work, celebi. But why in hell would Apple make a black iPod?

It's a placeholder for a future iPod that wasn't in the iTunes 4.8 code :smokey:
death87

2005-07-02, 17:48

Quote:
You want more??? No problem, I have a clip which show "the preferences or the entire iTunes application...", but I can't put it online for the moment, you will have to wait 2 or 3 hours, maybe more..
In fact it will be "maybe more"
death87

2005-07-03, 03:35

So and Here you can find a clip which is longer than the first and which show more stuff.

Enjoy

PS: So you can see that screensshot was fake, because the clip show us the reality.

Last edited by death87 : 2005-07-03 at 04:16.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-07-12, 02:31

New date (another one ) for the Motorola iTunes phone is 20th August - the V Festival in the UK (V=Virgin meaning they may have backed the phone). http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1171

Interesting comment re confirmation of deal with Cingular - that would be a coup. If Apple do have US and UK presence for iTunes compatible phone - would be a nice springboard for international coverage. Japan has a long tradition (NTT Docomo) of using cellphones to pay bills, make small purchases. A Japanese iTunes phone would be a great way to kick off iTMS presence there.