ouch...not really what he wants likely

here it is

some funny, some eh...

g
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2008-05-23, 09:46

one fact is wrong: he wasn't born Steven Paul Jobs, at least not the Jobs part. He was adopted into the Jobs family.

Anyhoo, let's face it. The guy, as intelligent and on-the-mark as he usually is, is a dick.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-05-23, 10:15

It's hard to imagine having that level of effect in the world without being perceived as one by *someone*. Heck, even Gandhi was a dick.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-05-23, 16:09

The entry on Billy Crystal was awesome!

Someone needed to say it, and poke a hole or two in this guy...

Quote:
In 2007, Crystal received the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. The irony of this is that Crystal is in no way funny.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-05-23, 16:17

He might be a dick, but sometimes in business you sort of have to be a dick. Jobs is very demanding, but it shows in the quality of Apple's (and Pixar's!) product.

An example is the Apple/AT&T deal. Jobs knew that the iPhone was going to be huge, and he wasn't afraid to make unheard-of demands in exchange for carrier's exclusive right to sell it. At least one huge carrier - Verizon - backed out. (I think that move will prove to be sort of short-sighted, but Verizon apparently thinks they can shill glossy black LG phones forever.)

It's all about realizing the value of what you have. "If you've got it, make them pay for it!" Is that a dick move? Maybe. Is it smart business? Totally. In the unlikely event that my book is a runaway bestseller, and my agent and I get to approach movie studios (rather than the other way around) for the film rights, you had better believe that I'd be just as much a dick as Jobs, or any other smart businessman, because I would know that I had something the studio wanted, and so I would be able to call more of the shots. (Heaven forbid I approach Disney for the film rights, because then I'd be going up against Jobs, the dick. )

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2008-05-23, 16:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary's a Dick
Hillary’s current campaign strategy hinges on how many voters will confuse her with her husband. As such, she is presently attempting to teach herself to play saxophone and cultivate a taste for cigars dipped in… let’s call it “brandy.”
WIN.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-05-23, 17:16

that is a pretty funny site. It;s teh new maddox. The million dollar question: can other people add to the list, like a real wiki?
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-05-23, 17:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
that is a pretty funny site. It;s teh new maddox. The million dollar question: can other people add to the list, like a real wiki?
Geez, I hope not.
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2008-05-23, 18:39

I love the hillary one... HAHAHAHAHA
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-05-23, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple007 View Post
Geez, I hope not.
At least hope they ban murbot's IP.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-05-24, 06:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souflay123 View Post
I love the hillary one... HAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
During her husband’s tenure, Hillary was subjected to one of the most public and embarrassing scandals in presidential history. In critical retrospect, one can’t help but deduce that the entire predicament would have been avoided entirely had Hillary just acquiesced to gargling the presidential marbles every once in a while.
Quote:
In 1980, the two produced a daughter, Chelsea. Lending further evidence to the theory that the dick trait is genetically recessive, Chelsea Clinton is not a dick, even though she works for a private hedge fund.