Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

Relient K Widgets

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Relient K Widgets
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
johnny5w

2007-02-14, 16:19

So I'm the nerd in my band. We're all running OS X spending way too much time on our MBP's and Powerbooks, but I'm the Apple-crazy guy that's always on these forums (mostly as a lurker). I recently made some very useless widgets for my band and thought I'd share them here as well.

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2007-02-14, 16:24

Off the topic, I saw your videogame snipit thingy in the last issue in AP. Very kool.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-02-14, 16:38

So I pretty much love RK. The countdown is a nice widget.
rasmits
rams it

2007-02-14, 18:36

Wait, for your band?

Isn't there already a Christian band called Reliant K? Or, do we have a pseudo-celebrity on the boards?
johnny5w

2007-02-14, 18:42

Yeah they're for my band. Not so sure about that "pseudo-celebrity"; I'm just the bass player
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-02-14, 18:43

Ok, I love most Christian Rock and I have to admit, now I'm interested in giving some of your music a shot. I've only heard about your band before.

Nice widgets btw.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
rasmits
rams it

2007-02-14, 18:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny5w View Post
Yeah they're for my band. Not so sure about that "pseudo-celebrity"; I'm just the bass player
WOOW!! I have some Christian friends who would love to talk to you. srsly
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2007-02-14, 18:50

did you guys do sadie hawkins?? was a catchy little pop song...

had no clue the band was christian, i have only heard the sadie hawkins song
...not that it matters one way or the other...it would be like me not liking scissor sisters (another pop band) because they're gay...christian, gay, none of that matters if you're a musician...
for musicians, music is what matters

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-02-14, 22:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegelding View Post
did you guys do sadie hawkins?? was a catchy little pop song...
Yep, that was them.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-02-14, 22:19

Sadie Hawkins Dance! In My Khaki Pants!

EDIT: Stupid Caps Lock guard.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2007-02-14, 22:26

ha, my iTumes even has it listed as christian in the genre box, never noticed before...love the vocals and word play...not life changing like the clash albums, but a cute little song...hope you guys do well

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
johnny5w

2007-03-02, 20:51

Thanks for the kind comments Yeah that was us with Sadie Hawkins Dance. If you guys care to check us out, we'll be on Conan tonight (3/2/07). Disclaimer: I played absolutely horribly because I was nervous.
rollercoaster375

Send a message via AIM to rollercoaster375 Send a message via MSN to rollercoaster375 Send a message via Yahoo to rollercoaster375 Send a message via Skype™ to rollercoaster375 
2007-03-02, 21:04

Haha. Wow. That's amazing xD I've got some friends who will be highly amused by this
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-03-03, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster375 View Post
Haha. Wow. That's amazing xD I've got some friends who will be highly amused by this
I think it's funny how nobody here knew that we had a rock star among us. johnny5w has been here for some time. Have none of you read that career thread?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
eventhorizon

2007-03-03, 02:17

Eric Cartman has already said everything there is to say about christian rock.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2007-03-03, 19:35

Ha, Im surprised you guys didnt catch this a long time ago. He mentioned it in one of our job/career threads. Ive talked him a couple times via PM a while ago.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
doublem9876

Send a message via AIM to doublem9876  
2007-03-03, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny5w View Post
Thanks for the kind comments Yeah that was us with Sadie Hawkins Dance. If you guys care to check us out, we'll be on Conan tonight (3/2/07). Disclaimer: I played absolutely horribly because I was nervous.
Is there any link to a video of you guys playing this?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-07-06, 00:06

Just noticed that Relient K is iTunes Plus now, too. johnny5w, do you have any info on whether you've been purchased more or less now that you're DRM-free? (I don't even know if you're still around, but it'd be cool to hear about the impact of DRM-free on sales.)
Schnauzer
Veteran Member

2007-07-06, 00:53

So yeah we all know a star now... GG!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-07-06, 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Just noticed that Relient K is iTunes Plus now, too. johnny5w, do you have any info on whether you've been purchased more or less now that you're DRM-free? (I don't even know if you're still around, but it'd be cool to hear about the impact of DRM-free on sales.)
Seems my song isn't upgradeable. They went from Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek to the (Gold Edition) and now I'll just have to buy Sadie Hawkins Dance again.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2007-07-06, 09:49

$11.99 just went your way johnny5w. The new album is good so far.
rasmits
rams it

2007-07-06, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnick4 View Post
$11.99 just went your way johnny5w. The new album is good so far.
I'm sure johnny5w would be happy to explain the true amount that goes to an artist after an album sale...
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2007-07-06, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmits View Post
I'm sure johnny5w would be happy to explain the true amount that goes to an artist after an album sale...
Yeah, I was waiting for a comment like that. I'm well aware. I meant in a general sense

Should have put a disclaimer on my post.

What has the world come to these days????

Deal with it.

Last edited by sirnick4 : 2007-07-06 at 12:33.
rampancy

2007-07-07, 08:50

Wow, I TA'd some kids in first year biology who were screaming Reliant K fans - literally, actually. One of them had their 2G nano filled with Reliant K tracks; she asked me if I'd heard of them, and I said I hadn't...she absolutely recoiled with horror.

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-07-07, 09:01

Every time johnny5w posts he's showered with "Relient K? Isn't there a real band called "Relient K?" Wait, that's you? OMG!"

Makes me wish I was a rock star.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
johnny5w

2007-09-10, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem9876 View Post
Is there any link to a video of you guys playing this?
Yeah man, sorry it took so long to get back to you. The video of us on Conan can be found here. I'm the shaggy bass player who looks like a shrimp next to Conan.

On a completely unrelated note, check out our orchard we've got going on here. And this was without the five other MBP's/Powerbooks we've got on the road. It's somewhat ridiculous. Makes me wish I had some Apple stock.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-11-29, 12:37

Hey, I just noticed your music is all iTunes+! That certainly makes me willing to buy it.

But here is my million dollar question, how much do you guys see of the $.99 I pay for a song?

johnny5w

2007-11-29, 14:27

I have to tell you, I have no idea. But thanks for the interest!
colivigan
Veteran Member

2007-11-29, 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
Ok, I love most Christian Rock and I have to admit, now I'm interested in giving some of your music a shot. I've only heard about your band before.
So I've been wondering a lot lately, what exactly is Christian rock? Is it just rock made by people who happen to be Christian? Is there some sort of litmus test applied? No dirty words? Does it really deserve its own genre?

I like a lot of what I've heard, it mostly sounds like regular rock 'n' roll. I don't usually hear anything exceptionally inspirational in the lyrics. And I certainly don't care about the religious affiliations of the musicians. Maybe some people do?.

Perhaps I'm missing something.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-11-29, 22:20

I think that answer would depend on who you ask. I think Christian Rock would be bands produced by Christian labels, but there are great bands who aren't, or are no longer, on Christian labels who have Christian themes in the lyrics and the band members believe so its a blury line. That's how this youth minister defines it, but I think it'd be interesting to see how Johnny5 defines it.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter