AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

Photo Challenge Thread (PCT): Still Life

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Photo Challenge Thread (PCT): Still Life
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2011-11-08, 13:39

Woah, that came unexpected! I posted that shot more as a stop-gag until I find a more appropriate subject (which I didn't at the end). I really expected DG to be the winner ...

Thanks!

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2011-11-08, 15:10

I thought Chinney's was a shoe-in. Shows what I know.

(No offense to any other participants, of course.)
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2011-11-08, 15:25

I liked Evan's picture a lot, with the light and angle. Brad had a similar angle but the light wasn't as pretty (compact fluorescent lamp?).

AWR might have been joking about mine looking like a Microsoft journal template, but he wasn't and it does! A bit more spit and polish, and it could alternatively end up on the box of some ghastly travel software.

Your leaf is great, GSpotter. Clean and simple, like many of your shots. We should all learn to be so selective! AWR is right that the full-size version is even better.

Last edited by Dorian Gray : 2011-11-08 at 15:35.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2011-11-08, 20:47

Congratulations to GSpotter. I especially liked the contrast between the crisp foreground and the soft background in the winning photo.

I appreciate the honourable mention AWR. And thanks for the enjoyable theme this month. As for the black background in my own shot, all was low tech. We turned off all the lights downstairs. The only light left was a flashlight on the table pointed directly at the fruit bowl and I exposed so even that barely provided enough light for the bowl; all else was black. My daughter and I had a lot of fun at it; I do like how it turned out, especially the colours.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.