User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Mac Videogame Controller

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Mac Videogame Controller
chaos123x

2006-03-28, 17:24

Hello I am looking for a good gamepad conroller (not a Joystick) for MAc OS X.... I really hate the Logitech controllers so they are a no go.

I want something of the same quality as a game consoles 1st party controller (nintendo, Xbox, Playstation).

I see somone made a Driver for the XBOX 360 controller to work with macintosh, But I heard it is buggy and does not work with the MAME arcade emulater...

MAME games are what I want to play most, so that option is out.

So does anyone know of any good game controllers for mac that will work with MAME?

Has anybody tried out the 360 controller on a mac with MAME?

let me know.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-03-28, 18:55

You can buy a Mac version of the Sega Saturn controller, which is considered one of the greatest controllers ever - especially for 2d functions, like MAME. If you got it with Puyo Pop Fever, it was even a pearly Apple white, but I think it only comes in black or grey now. Sorry, no link - google for it.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-03-28, 19:03

I would post a link that I found, but I fear the resonse would be 'ghu8ikjl' or 'hnjnoikl', or perhaps 'ijkkkkkkkkm'.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-03-28, 21:23

Practically any USB controller should work. My fiancée got a no-name, generic controller from Target and it "just worked" with my Mac despite having zero markings on the box for supporting Mac OS X.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-03-28, 21:32

I know you said you hate Logitech, but these are awesome... great feel, nice button action. I've had a couple for quite a while now and they work great with SNES9X.

You ask me for a hamburger.
chaos123x

2006-03-28, 22:08

THe Saturn controller looks awesome for the Capcom Street Fighter games I play on MAME, but everywhere on the web I look they are sold out, even at link Sang.

Plus without any analog sticks it might not be good for new games...

If I can find the Saturn controller I think this may work the best for the MAME games I am playing.

The saturn and the dreamcast did have the best collection of Street Fighter games, I may buy the systems as well.

Let me know if you know of any other Controllers.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2006-03-28, 22:22

Well, you can get USB adapters for the Xbox controller. Those are pretty good and you can get an OS X driver for them as well.