2008-09-20, 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensdanny38 View Post
Boobs.
BOOBIES!!!!
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-09-20, 15:35

I meant to reply to this earlier but I forgot.

Only a few things.

- my iPhone
- my MBA
- AN

Not many.
Kohoutek

2008-09-20, 18:29

Peppermint tea, can't get enough of the stuff.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2008-09-21, 15:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
Now that you have admitted this, turbulent, could you explain *why* you are addicted to murbot?
He makes me feel special.

I was of course joking.

Maybe
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2008-09-21, 16:25

Live music!
(big surprise, huh?)

Especially, live New Orleans music.

Most especially, the enduring and ongoing 30 years of The World's Best Live Rock N Roll by The Radiators.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-09-21, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post

Maybe

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2009-05-04, 14:49

• Cocoa Krispies Coco Pops
  • Apple Juice
  • Constantly checking that I've turned off the water heater. That may be an OCD though.
  • Bumping old threads.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2009-05-04, 14:58

Cooooooooooookie Crisp!

They are my Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs.
@_@ Artman

2009-05-04, 15:20

Grand Theft Auto III*. Silly, isn't it. I have Vice City but that froze on my PS2 (still going through withdraw on that). I tried San Andreas, but they changed the driving controls and that ended whatever they do with the franchise.

But on a night where I have nothing else to do, I pop in GTA III, crank up my iTunes and play within the virtual sandbox. I have a few other games, but this one is completely unlocked, fully loaded and always a great time killer.

The usual, already mentioned addictions; coffee, books and here's a new one...Raisinets.

*I can't believe that guy beat them all with that POS Kuruma!

"I always question the received reality. The consensus reality is often intentionally misleading." - George Carlin
addabox
Veteran Member

2009-05-04, 15:36

Sloppy Joes. And not even special, gourmet Sloppy Joes, just browned hamburger meat and a can of, Jesus forgive me, Manwich, on white buns. It's my secret shame.

It's not like I have a horrible diet or eat a lot of junk food, or anything. It's just that every once and a while I get a craving, and once I make em up I cannot stop eating them. I mean, eat till I'm actually kinda sick can't stop.

Something about white bread and meat and tomato sauce is like heroin to me. My only solution is to make them infrequently.

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated
addabox
Veteran Member

2009-05-04, 15:36

Oh, and heroin.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-05-04, 15:37

Chili cheese coneys from Skyline and Sonic.
screener

2009-05-04, 16:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
Oh, and heroin.
Tell me ain't so.
screener

2009-05-04, 16:08

Harvey's, Canadian Burger Franchise as far as I know.

Mustard, pickle and onion, onion rings, milk.

edit,
Used to be a place called The Real McCoy in Scarborough, Toronto in the early seventys.

Munchy nirvana.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-05-04, 17:46

Coffee, chocolate, and Coca-Cola.

Hey! I should mix it all up and make a Mocha-Cola. That would be delicious.
¡Damned!

2009-05-04, 19:07

I have a similar guilty pleasure to addabox's, in that I crave the crappy frozen pizza. Tony's to be precise. They're awful, obviously, but sooo delicious in a if-anybody-ever-catches-me-I'll-be-mortified sort of way. They're so terrible that one can usually find them on sale for 5/$10. Of course I never just buy 1/$2, I'll go whole-hog every time and pick up all 5 of the damn things, and eat them in a matter of a couple days before anyone finds them in my freezer. The way-too-sweet tomato sauce and fake cheese on a cardboard crust is SO GOOD.

And so nasty.

So it goes.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2009-05-04, 20:14

These come to mind immediately:
  • The Internet: Reddit, AppleNova, and Daring Fireball
  • Computers: My Macs and my iPhone
  • Beer and
  • Wendy's chicken nuggets
  • Procrastinating (doing it right now!)
  • Womanizing
Yup, that about covers it. These six things + schoolwork consume roughly 90% of my time. Although I do have a seasonal addiction (summer) to video games as well.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

Last edited by Kraetos : 2009-05-04 at 22:36.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-05-04, 20:18

The Internet: Tweetie, DF, AN, ESPN, 27 different Philly sports blogs
Cars: Only own 1, but spend a lot of time reading/looking at them
My iPhone
Peanut Butter & Jam sandwiches
Philadelphia Phillies

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2009-05-04, 20:28

Publix cream soda. Haven't found a brand cream soda that is as good yet, but I can't get the Publix soda in NJ, therefore when I am home in Florida I drink nothing but cream soda.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Windswept
On Pacific time

2009-05-05, 20:36

Quote:
Sloppy Joes. And not even special, gourmet Sloppy Joes, just browned hamburger meat and a can of, Jesus forgive me, Manwich, on white buns. It's my secret shame.

It's not like I have a horrible diet or eat a lot of junk food, or anything. It's just that every once and a while I get a craving, and once I make em up I cannot stop eating them. I mean, eat till I'm actually kinda sick can't stop.

Something about white bread and meat and tomato sauce is like heroin to me. My only solution is to make them infrequently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I have a similar guilty pleasure to addabox's, in that I crave the crappy frozen pizza. Tony's to be precise. They're awful, obviously, but sooo delicious in a if-anybody-ever-catches-me-I'll-be-mortified sort of way. They're so terrible that one can usually find them on sale for 5/$10. Of course I never just buy 1/$2, I'll go whole-hog every time and pick up all 5 of the damn things, and eat them in a matter of a couple days before anyone finds them in my freezer. The way-too-sweet tomato sauce and fake cheese on a cardboard crust is SO GOOD.

And so nasty.
Really enjoyed reading these two posts. I'm not sure what to call the trait they exhibit about human nature, but whatever it is, it's one I share from time to time. It's nice that you're both owning up to cravings that you consider shameful. heh

I've become addicted to Klondike bars, and seem to have little or no control over the craving. If I buy them, I eat them 'all' in a fairly short period of time. Yumyumyumyummmmmm..... So, I have to avoid buying them as the only measure of self-control I can manage. Sheesh!

I think I've mentioned earlier in the thread that I feel pretty certain that garlic is addictive, at least for 'some' people. I wonder if that Manwich stuff has garlic in it. I bet it does.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2009-05-05, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
I'm addicted to Mountain Dew Code Red. Like...seriously addicted. And it isn't healthy. Though I suppose the hockey addiction makes up for that. I'll come close to playing 100 games this season.
So lol for quoting myself, but come Friday I'll be at 8 weeks without pop or caffeine. That withdrawal sucked. 13-day migraine. But it's over, and I'm beyond it now. I've lost 12 pounds in 2 months.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
artesc

2009-05-06, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
Coffee, chocolate, and Coca-Cola.

Hey! I should mix it all up and make a Mocha-Cola. That would be delicious.
Well, 2 out 3 ain't bad.
artesc

2009-05-06, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Publix cream soda. Haven't found a brand cream soda that is as good yet, but I can't get the Publix soda in NJ, therefore when I am home in Florida I drink nothing but cream soda.
Try Virgil's Cream Soda. To die for.

Their Root Beer. Meh.
http://www.virgils.com/creamsoda.shtml
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-05-06, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by artesc View Post
Well, 2 out 3 ain't bad. *posts Coke Blak image*
I have tried it...

...I've heard the French version is better.

Oh, and it's discontinued in the US.

I don't understand why Coca-Cola doesn't bring their Georgia canned coffee brand to the US, though. It's named after a state, for crying out loud! It is my right as an American to be able to buy conveniently heated (in winter)/chilled (in summer) cans of coffee from a vending machine.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
artesc

2009-05-06, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
I don't understand why Coca-Cola doesn't bring their canned coffee brand to the US, though. It's named after a state,...
Or a country.

Never heard of it. Pretty sure it is god-awful coffee. I would still drink it.

But wouldn't drinking it hot be kind of difficult? As in painful?

artesc all the way!
Ryan
Veteran Member

2009-05-06, 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yup. My roommate is tired of me brewing a put of coffee every morning while he's asleep. Not my fault he doesn't have any morning classes.

I drink a mug-full in my dorm and then fill up my travel thermos for class. I'm always the only awake person in 8:30 calculus.
Well, I'm no longer addicted to coffee. Last month I had food poisoning and didn't eat for two days or come anywhere close to wanting caffeine. Those two days were enough to get the monkey off my back and I just haven't started up since.

I still have the occasional cup but that's not too often anymore. Ironically I might be working at a Starbucks this summer though, so who knows what's gonna happen.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-05-06, 19:36

Quote:
Or a country.
Haha, well, Coke's headquarters are in (the state of) Georgia, so I think that's where they got the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artesc
Never heard of it. Pretty sure it is god-awful coffee. I would still drink it.
Maybe it is, but who knows? I want to at least try it. But Coke's never even test marketed it here.

I mean, there is an art to making a fine coffee but unless you go to an independent coffeehouse you're not going to get that anyway. How would a bottler making coffee be any different than the Starbucks barista making it with a push-button machine from a premade "beverage base"? It wouldn't - the only thing that's different is the image, the illusion. And everybody knows that. When you go to Starbucks you aren't paying five bucks for a Vivanno, you're paying five bucks for going to Starbucks - the comfy seats, the jazzy music, the friendly people, the quaint image of a small-town cafe with chalkboard menus. The image of it all, that "third place" between home and work, that's what you're paying for. And everybody knows this because nobody in their right mind would pay five bucks for Starbucks's actual coffee, let's be real.

But it's a recession, and even though Starbucks is a small luxury, even that has to go sometimes, and maybe there's a market for people who don't give a shit about the illusion and just want their damn coffee. I'm sure canned coffee isn't going to be the most gourmet blend or whatever, but it doesn't have to be. It would just have to be convenient, inexpensive, and "good enough." And it's good enough for millions of Japanese people - Japan is the only region Coca-Cola operates in where Coke is not their best-selling beverage, and Georgia sells twice as much. Given all the above economic factors - plus the growing popularity of energy drinks and the growing health concerns with sugary sodas - why wouldn't Coke try to emulate that success over here? Like you said, even if it was godawful coffee, you'd still drink it. I would too.

I mean, even Starbucks - upmarket, image-selling Starbucks - sells a canned Doubleshot "energy drink" here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artesc
But wouldn't drinking it hot be kind of difficult? As in painful?
It's heated, but I don't think it's as hot as regular hot coffee. The can would be hot enough to warm your hands but not to burn them.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
addabox
Veteran Member

2009-05-06, 19:37

Quote:
Well, 2 out 3 ain't bad.
What's the accent mark over the "a" in "Blak" trying to tell us? Do we pronounce it "bluh-yak"? "Blake"? "Blahrrrrrrrrkkkk"?

Also: "fusion beverage" my ass.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2009-05-06, 19:39

Roboman: it could be Coca-Cola doesn't sell Georgia here because they're the American distributor for Illy Issimo.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-05-06, 19:41

Quote:
What's the accent mark over the "a" in "Blak" trying to tell us? Do we pronounce it "bluh-yak"? "Blake"? "Blahrrrrrrrrkkkk"?
It's a nod to TaB, another Coke product with a similar typeface (and an accent over its "a"). At the time, Coke Blak was intended to be shelved next to "TaB energy," another upmarket specialty beverage.

Don't ask me how I know this stuff.