AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Stuff to which you are addicted

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Stuff to which you are addicted
Page 2 of 7 Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  Next Last Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-09-19, 10:48

I'm eating shelled peanuts right now, and I can't stop. Does that count? Every time I think "I'm done...last one", I reach over and grab another pile.

The freaky thing is that I'm not even at a baseball game, which is the only place I really eat them.

Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 12:39

I'm addicted to learning things. So the internet is a secondary addiction I guess. You've seen me post my threads asking how to do stuff, or trying to get more info on stuff... I just have to learn and understand how stuff works. Photography is a huge challenge for me, I'm still trying to figure all the ins and outs. But I love it!

Overall I'm addicted to nerdery. Geekery, nerdery, dorkery, I embrace it all. Wil Wheaton is my hero. I'm also addicted to games, WoW in particular right now but I love all kinds of games. I'm also seriously addicted to music. In that poll a while back that asked us which would we rather lose, our sight or our hearing, I said sight because while I love seeing things, I couldn't live without music.

I'm also addicted to writing stuff and rambling on and on and on instead of just answering the damn question. Come to think of it... I think I'm addicted to enjoying life to the fullest extent possible. All those other things sort of fall under that umbrella.

edit - Oh and humor! I looooove the funny.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikstar101 View Post
But on the other hand i am pretty much addicted to milk. I know its a bit of a child's drink but i can easily get through 16 pints a week on my own
OMG me too! I didn't even think of it, but I'm definitely addicted to milk. When I lived by myself, I drank two gallons a week. My wife gets pissed about that, though, so we're down to two gallons for both of us. Really, though, if I was home more, it'd probably be more like three or four.
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 13:53

I am addicted to milk as well, but I not straight. I occasionally like a glass of milk (for example, with cherry pie or chocolate cake), but more often, if my milk is in a glass, it's chocolate milk. Usually I get my milk fix by having it in something else. Like a bowl of cereal. I think I like a bowl of cereal more for the milk than the cereal. Same with coffee and tea.

Ugh.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-09-19, 14:05

I'm addicted to awesome.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 15:11

Peanuts in the shell, I'm with you, Paul. I can sit there and probably eat pounds of them. I always feel awful after I eat a lot of them too because they're so high in fat. However, I can't help myself.

I'm bad with chocolate chip cookies too. I'm a huge fan of fresh ones made from scratch. I'm a fat slob

Come waste your time with me
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2008-09-19, 15:38

I'm addicted to murbot.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-09-19, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR View Post
I'm pretty addicted to "Alioli", a Catalan garlic mayonnaise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allioli

Typically it is served with grilled lamb or sausage, or with fideua (a kind-of paella made with small pieces of pasta instead of rice). However, my addiction forces me to have a bit of it on almost anything/everything - it is especially good on the side of a plate of spaghetti tossed simply with good olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper and either fresh basil or parsely or a pinch of dried oregano, and parmesan. Also orgasmic with roasted chicken and/or roasted potatoes.
You know what, AWR, I think fresh garlic itself is addictive, I really do. Whenever I make my special meatball recipe for spaghetti and meatballs, I put a ton of fresh chopped garlic in the mixture. Well, not 'really' a ton, but about a billion times more than the written recipe mentions. And then, I become addicted to the meatballs. I've concluded that it has to be the garlic. What a wondrous substance it is. And with significant health properties too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Coffee anyone?

Oh, god, how could I have forgotten coffee. Good fresh coffee is just to die for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yup. My roommate is tired of me brewing a put of coffee every morning while he's asleep. Not my fault he doesn't have any morning classes.

I drink a mug-full in my dorm and then fill up my travel thermos for class. I'm always the only awake person in 8:30 calculus.
Seriously, without coffee, I don't see how anyone can get through college. That said, I tried never to schedule any class before, say, 10:00am, though my Russian professor always scheduled our Russian classes for Tue/Thurs at 9:00am. And I had four years of those damned early Russian classes. Almost annoying enough to drop them, but since it was my minor, I stuck it out. Definitely not a morning person, given a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I'm eating shelled peanuts right now, and I can't stop. Does that count? Every time I think "I'm done...last one", I reach over and grab another pile.

The freaky thing is that I'm not even at a baseball game, which is the only place I really eat them.

Ah, but peanuts are *really* good for you. The oil is excellent, and the protein is good, so I wouldn't feel guilty at all if I were you. Yep, I only eat them at baseball games too. At $4 per bag, they're a fairly reasonable snack, compared to the other outrageous ballpark prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post
I'm addicted to murbot.
Yikes!

You're kidding, right?

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 16:38

Coffee - can't live without it.
DoubleStuf Oreos - I don't even buy them anymore... I'd sit down and eat an entire package in an evening playing the Tomb Raider series.
Reading - if I get into a book, I tune out everything else until I'm done, and god help me if it's a series. I'll do nothing else until I've blown through them all. Eating and sleeping are optional in these times.
Boobs. Duh.

This place - *damn you all*!
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2008-09-19, 16:42

Quote:
I'm addicted to murbot.
You poor bastard!

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
You poor bastard!

No kidding, can you imagine the detox from that one? I mean jesus, you'd have hockey pucks, moose and shit coming out of your pores while you just keep screaming "EH?" over and over... that's nasty man.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2008-09-19, 16:53

Is anyone else here *NOT* addicted to coffee? I hate them. Can't stand it. Which is why I drink energy drink instead.... at myself.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2008-09-19, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
No kidding, can you imagine the detox from that one? I mean jesus, you'd have hockey pucks, moose and shit coming out of your pores while you just keep screaming "EH?" over and over... that's nasty man.
How about the other way around? Do you smoke him, sniff him, lick him or something worse?

Ok. I shouldn't have thought about that! Now I also need a detox.

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 17:03

BRAIN BLEACH! STAT!
murbot
Hoonigan

2008-09-19, 17:06

I knew that sudden bout of priapism came from somewhere. It's kind of an off-shoot of spidey sense. And yeah, furb wishes he could quit me.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2008-09-19, 17:08

</betterpartofvalour, cause they's chilluns present... 11 letter sexy latin word starting with c and ending with s>

uh... 2nd attempt.

Peace and quiet (natural sounds ok), good coffee, good red wine, cool jazz, stargazing, curiosity

Smoking

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-09-19, 17:28

Quote:
I'm addicted to murbot.
Now that you have admitted this, turbulent, could you explain *why* you are addicted to murbot?

Your feeling must have been made evident in various threads, but I'm afraid I must have missed those. Damn!

My impression is that he's probably one of the most heterosexual persons in existence, wouldn't you say? Or is *that* what you find particularly appealing?

I think it's probably good that the Atlantic Ocean and a monster chunk of Canada are between you.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-09-19, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Is anyone else here *NOT* addicted to coffee? I hate them. Can't stand it. Which is why I drink energy drink instead.... at myself.
Coffee = seriously gross.
Energy drinks = arguably grosser.

My addictions? The Internets, I s'pose. Not much else, really.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2008-09-19, 17:44

I'm addicted to Mountain Dew Code Red. Like...seriously addicted. And it isn't healthy. Though I suppose the hockey addiction makes up for that. I'll come close to playing 100 games this season.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2008-09-19, 17:45

Hate coffee, can't stand the stuff.
Give me a decent cup of tea anytime.
murbot
Hoonigan

2008-09-19, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeriatric View Post
Hate coffee, can't stand the stuff.
Give me a decent cup of tea anytime.
You know I like my coffee sweet in the morning
And I'm crazy about my tea at night
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
I knew that sudden bout of priapism came from somewhere. It's kind of an off-shoot of spidey sense. And yeah, furb wishes he could quit me.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-09-19, 18:10

These are the Aubrey-Maturin books by Patrick O'Brian:

http://www.wwnorton.com/pob/pobtitles.htm#aubrey

I'm at the end of The Fortune of War (book #6) right now, and can barely wait till the battle at the end of the book unfolds, between the British frigate Shannon and the American ship Chesapeake. The two ships are almost evenly matched in the number of guns, but I believe the American ship has guns that shoot 24-pound cannonballs, which are *much* heavier than those of the British ship. eek!

At this point in the conflict between the two nations, the British ships have been burned or captured by the American navy in every single contest, and it's a bit nerve-wracking, since Aubrey and Maturin are on board the warship Shannon as passengers, having fled from captivity in Boston, being pursued as spies and murderers.

Very exciting.

And, holy moly, I have 15 books to go!!!
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-09-19, 19:23

I hate coffee, love green tea. Especially a nice jasmine green tea... yummy

I'm the most non-addictive person I know. I quit smoking on a dime, never even wanted to do it again.

My strongest addiction would have to be to my wife Awww....

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
Foj
Veteran Member

2008-09-19, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by judeobscure View Post
Poirot or Marple I cannot resist watching or reading em.
I can't resist Poirot or Marple radio shows
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2008-09-19, 21:47

• Orangina!
  • Coen Brothers movies.
  • FIFA 07 for the PlayStation 2 (it's fun...really!)
  • Music period, but particularly the work of Matthew Good right now.
  • Online window shopping. Trying to find the best deal on a 32" brand-name HDTV, and that has introduced me to the joys of trying to find the best deal in the lot. Yes, I need a hobby.
  • Not participating in political threads.

Guess our wishes don't do dishes or brake repairs...
Twitter | Flickr | last.fm | PSN: TheLittleDoctor
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2008-09-20, 09:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
I would be (and was) addicted to coffee, if I let myself. I managed to get that monkey off my back and now I don't touch it unless it's decaf with a lot of milk. It's not really the coffee, it's the caffeine. I stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it. It was awful when I needed like three cups of coffee just to be normal.

Ugh.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2008-09-20, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotcatbug View Post
It's not really the coffee, it's the caffeine. I stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it. It was awful when I needed like three cups of coffee just to be normal.
Exactly where I am right now. I started when I was working insane hours but it is no longer the case. The hard part is finding the time to start the withdrawal. I don't mind the headaches, but getting sleepy at work... not exactly most pleasing sight for my boss.

At least I'm down to one energy drink every two days from two cans/a day. And at this point, it's just worthless because it doesn't actually make me more alert or awake. It just make me normal. Kinda defeats the whole point of drinking caffeine.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-09-20, 12:28

Yeah for me I am kind of addicted to caffeine. I normally get it from Diet Dr. Pepper because it's super easy (just open a bottle and drink), but I do love coffee. I like coffee for the flavor, but I have to add plenty of cream and sugar to enjoy it. I don't understand black coffee. I also like coffee flavored things.
Partial
Stallion

2008-09-20, 12:45

Boobs.