Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Stuff to which you are addicted

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Stuff to which you are addicted
Page 6 of 7 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  Next Thread Tools
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2012-03-23, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
I recently recovered from a several months addiction to Dove Magnum ice cream. I love the dark chocolate outer coating, but my market doesn't carry the "double chocolate" version, with chocolate ice cream inside. Alas. Anybody else like these?

I had a white chocolate magnum yesterday... delicious way to cool down on a warm day. (In March too. How unusual!)
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2012-03-23, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
Chicken wings. I can't stop eating them. I lay them on a cooling rack on a baking sheet, then add salt, pepper, and roasted granulated garlic. Convection roast in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes. The hot sauce is 1/2 cup of Frank's with 4 tbsp of butter, plus salt, pepper, garlic. When they're done I bathe them in the sauce and chow down. Sometimes I eat a few plain. Maybe a small bit of teriyaki sauce on a couple. Maybe dip in a little ranch sometimes. I am drooling now and have a boner.
This

I'm like a chicken's worst nightmare.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-02-17, 17:45

After making a purchase yesterday, I realized that I am addicted to buying cookbooks. And not just 'any' cookbooks. They fall into several categories. Cookbooks about:

Soups
Casseroles
Crock-pot cooking
One-dish meals
Dutch oven cookery
Clay pot cooking
Vegetarian meals

Stuff cooked in a crock-pot is highly nutritious when cooked on low heat for 8 hours. The vitamin content isn't destroyed by high heat, and the flavors are intensely delicious after hours of slow simmering.

The idea of cutting up/preparing the ingredients the night before, refrigerating them, and then putting them in the crock pot in the morning before leaving the house, and allowing them to cook on low for 8-10 hours, is such an efficient use of time. One comes home, has a meal, and then refrigerates and/or freezes the leftovers for future meals. Many of these dishes are even better when heated up as leftovers. The flavors have even more time to develop and consolidate.

I think homemade soups are wonderful and I especially love vegetable soups. My mom made a swiss steak recipe in a crock pot when I was 14, and I loved it. My dad made a pot roast in a crock pot once and it was the best beef I'd ever tasted. I guess these two dishes are what sold me on crock pots, and now I'm addicted to buying the cookbooks.

I bought the ones yesterday at my public library. They have a section of books that have been donated, and they sell them for $1.50 - $2.50, which is fantastic, since cookbooks can sometimes be expensive. These books look like new but are so reasonable that I don't feel guilty for buying them.

Does anyone else love the kind of food that comes from the cookbooks mentioned above? Just curious.

Last edited by Windswept : 2013-02-19 at 21:28.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2013-02-18, 06:57

TicTacs.
Going through more than a pack a day... sucking on a few at a time.
But only fresh mint or spearmint. No silly flavours.
addabox
Veteran Member

2013-02-18, 08:12

Quote:
After making a purchase yesterday, I realized that I am addicted to buying cookbooks. And not just 'any' cookbooks. They fall into several categories. Cookbooks about:

Soups
Casseroles
Crock-pot cooking
One-dish meals
Dutch oven cookery
Clay pot cooking
Vegetarian meals

Stuff cooked in a crock-pot is highly nutritious when cooked on low heat for 8 hours. The vitamin content isn't destroyed by high heat, and the flavors are intensely delicious after hours of slow simmering.

The idea of cutting up/preparing the ingredients the night before, refrigerating them, and then putting them in the crock pot in the morning before leaving the house, and allowing them to cook on low for 8 hours, is such an efficient use of time. One comes home, has a meal, and then refrigerates and/or freezes the leftovers for future meals. Many of these dishes are even better when heated up as leftovers. The flavors have even more time to develop and consolidate.

I think homemade soups are wonderful and I especially love vegetable soups. My mom made a swiss steak recipe in a crock pot when I was 14, and I loved it. My dad made a pot roast in a crock pot once and it was the best beef I'd ever tasted. I guess these two dishes are what sold me on crock pots, and now I'm addicted to buying the cookbooks.

I bought the ones yesterday at my public library. They have a section of books that have been donated, and they sell them for $1.50 - $2.00, which is fantastic, since cookbooks can sometimes be expensive. These books look like new but are so reasonable that I don't feel guilty for buying them.

Does anyone else love the kind of food that comes from the cookbooks mentioned above? Just curious.
I own a slow cooker which I purchased for the very reasons you mention, but I rarely use it because I've never taken the trouble to find good recipes-- most of the stuff I come across seems to invariably involve Cream of Mushroom soup, for some reason.

Any stand-out crock-pot cookbooks or recipes you can pass along?

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2013-02-18, 08:50

Starbucks. Ugh.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-02-19, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
I own a slow cooker which I purchased for the very reasons you mention, but I rarely use it because I've never taken the trouble to find good recipes-- most of the stuff I come across seems to invariably involve Cream of Mushroom soup, for some reason.

Well, everyone has different preferences and tastes, so I thought I'd post this page of crock pot and slow cooker recipe sites instead of typing out one or two individual recipes. One thing about some of the meat recipes is that they often require browning the roast surface ahead of putting it into the slow cooker. I know that's a pain and kind of a mess to clean up, but really, it's so worth the trouble to have the roast browned and appealing in appearance.

Pork chops and rice would be a good one to try too. And stews or chili are great in the winter time. But like I said, we all like different things. I go through my cookbooks and put a sticky flag on the recipes that I want to try. I hope you can find a few from the list that appeal to you.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s....1.PiDQAs1eWY8
Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-02-20, 15:47

This pot roast for slow cooker is similar to recipes that have worked well for me.

Quote:
Savory slow cooker pot roast

Val Curtis, the foodie behind Mental Chew, says, "This is kid-tested and approved, even my 11-month-old brought her bowl up to her mouth looking for more. Serve this roast with a fresh, green salad and a warm, crusty loaf of sourdough and happy bellies will be leaving the table."

Ingredients:
1 (4-5 pound) beef roast, any cut will do (Go local!)
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
12 small organic fingerling potatoes
6 large organic carrots chopped into 2-inch pieces
1 large organic onion cut into 1/2-inch slices
6 whole cloves garlic
1 cup organic beef or vegetable broth
1 can organic tomato sauce
1 quart organic crushed tomatoes

Directions:
Rinse the roast and pat dry.
Rub it down with 1 teaspoon of garlic salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
Place the roast into a hot skillet and sear each side for approximately 2 minutes. (It will get a little smoky in the house.)
Place the washed potatoes in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker and layer the following on top: roast, carrots, onions and garlic.
Pour the broth over the slow cooker contents.
In a medium bowl, mix the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and remaining salt and pepper.
Pour the mixture over the contents of the slow cooker and set it to low for 8 hours.
Remove roast and veggies from slow cooker and serve.

If you are a gravy kind of person, see the following gravy recipe.

Pot roast gravy

Ingredients:
Pot roast juices and bits
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules

Directions:
Pour 1 cup of the roast juices and bits into a medium bowl.
Slowly whisk in the flour and granules until thoroughly mixed.
Pour the remaining juices in a medium saucepot and bring to a gentle boil.
Whisk in the flour mixture.
Obviously you don't have to use organic ingredients if that's not convenient, but if you can, that would be great. I especially like that organic beef broth or vegetable broth are used as the main liquid ingredient, instead of some of the recipes that suggest using whole bottles of Kraft dressing or other processed items. The calories in a whole bottle of dressing might be a bit much.

I saw some recipes that used barbecue sauce or A-1 sauce for the pot roast, but I think a nutritious broth would be ideal. Of course, again, it's a matter of personal preference and taste. Notice, she says to sear the roast in a skillet and (I suggest) that you should turn on the stove fan full blast to suck up any smoke from the searing process.

The reason I didn't recommend any particular cookbook is that often I find that each cookbook I buy has just a few recipes that I think I would love. That's why I keep buying them and have acquired so many. But these online offerings have a price that's hard to beat.

The above pot roast recipe is the fifth one down on the following page:

http://www.allparenting.com/my-table...FQLhQgodK1sA6g

On the right-hand side of that same page is a link for a 5-ingredient Tuscan bean soup that sounds pretty good too. When you find a site that often uses organic ingredients, the odds of getting away from that canned mushroom soup you mentioned are fairly decent.

Last edited by Windswept : 2013-02-20 at 16:06.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2013-02-20, 16:46

Carol, some day will you cook me a dinner?

Whenever you talk about food, it always sounds SO good (and I get so hungry).
Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-02-20, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Carol, some day will you cook me a dinner?

Whenever you talk about food, it always sounds SO good (and I get so hungry).
I'm glad it sounds so good. I think cooking is truly an art, and I like food to turn out 'just so'. I like to go to the trouble to make a dish turn out perfectly delicious. It's like painting a watercolor landscape, or designing a perfectly delightful room. Each small effort is crucial, and if it makes the result a joy, then it's not so much an 'effort' as an act of love. The love of perfection. Anyway, that's how I feel... about whatever I do. And...about that pot roast... oh, yum.
addabox
Veteran Member

2013-02-20, 18:39

Quote:
This pot roast for slow cooker is similar to recipes that have worked well for me.

Obviously you don't have to use organic ingredients if that's not convenient, but if you can, that would be great. I especially like that organic beef broth or vegetable broth are used as the main liquid ingredient, instead of some of the recipes that suggest using whole bottles of Kraft dressing or other processed items. The calories in a whole bottle of dressing might be a bit much.

I saw some recipes that used barbecue sauce or A-1 sauce for the pot roast, but I think a nutritious broth would be ideal. Of course, again, it's a matter of personal preference and taste. Notice, she says to sear the roast in a skillet and (I suggest) that you should turn on the stove fan full blast to suck up any smoke from the searing process.

The reason I didn't recommend any particular cookbook is that often I find that each cookbook I buy has just a few recipes that I think I would love. That's why I keep buying them and have acquired so many. But these online offerings have a price that's hard to beat.

The above pot roast recipe is the fifth one down on the following page:

http://www.allparenting.com/my-table...FQLhQgodK1sA6g

On the right-hand side of that same page is a link for a 5-ingredient Tuscan bean soup that sounds pretty good too. When you find a site that often uses organic ingredients, the odds of getting away from that canned mushroom soup you mentioned are fairly decent.
Perfect! Pot roast and bean soup are exactly the kind of things I'd like to make. And I agree about the broth for the pot roast; unfortunately crockpots seem to be strongly identified with that style of mid-western cooking that thinks that name brand canned goods are legitimate ingredients (combine one 6 oz can of Kraft Real Food Chunks™ with 4 tbl Miss Flavor's Secret Sauce™).

One thing-- do I sear the roast dry in the pan? I don't see any oil called for, but that seems like a recipe for burning.

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated
Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-02-21, 21:09

Quote:
Perfect! Pot roast and bean soup are exactly the kind of things I'd like to make. And I agree about the broth for the pot roast; unfortunately crockpots seem to be strongly identified with that style of mid-western cooking that thinks that name brand canned goods are legitimate ingredients (combine one 6 oz can of Kraft Real Food Chunks™ with 4 tbl Miss Flavor's Secret Sauce™).
So true.

Quote:
One thing-- do I sear the roast dry in the pan? I don't see any oil called for, but that seems like a recipe for burning.
Oil can spatter into one's face, so they don't mention using it here. Also, they don't want people to "fry" their roast. I'll say what I would do, since a dry pan makes me uncomfortable too.

I would pour a bit (one teaspoon) of oil into a *non-stick* skillet (preferably one with high sides), and then wipe the oil over the whole inside of the skillet, bottom and sides, with a paper towel folded into a square pad. (I think I remember reading once that peanut oil smokes less than other oils, but you might have to google to check on that.) Then, turn the paper towel pad over to its clean side, and remove 99% of the oil from all sides of the skillet (to diminish spatter).

I would probably try to sear 'all' sides of the roast (using medium heat), which might involve actually holding the roast upright with one's hands while searing the narrow sides. The narrow sides should be seared first. If the skillet has too much oil remaining after wiping it off, the oil might start to spatter into one's face/eyes. As I said, that's probably why they don't mention oiling the skillet in the first place - to avoid 'any' problems with spattering into one's face. Good idea to wear eye-glasses of some kind if one wants to try searing all sides of the roast in a skillet that has been even thinly oiled. To avoid the problem of spatter altogether, sear the roast in a dry skillet.

Btw, today I looked for the Tuscan bean soup, but it's no longer on the side of the page. So I did a search of that 'allparenting' site and found the soup elsewhere:

Quote:
Vegan Tuscan bean soup

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 small leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano herbs
10 ounces cavolo nero (or dinosaur kale or lacinato kale)
1 (14.5 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions:

-Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until soft.
-Pour the tomatoes into the pot and add 2 cans of water.
-Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
-Roughly shred the kale leaves and add them to the soup.
-Partially cover the pot and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until the kale is tender.
-Add the cannellini beans to the pot and heat through for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste by adding salt and pepper.
-Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Good luck with your slow cooker projects. Sometimes dishes don't turn out as well as one might hope the first time around, but eventually, after a bit of trial and error, one can figure out how to adjust recipes to one's particular taste. And then, it's off to the races. Here's the link for the soup:

http://www.allparenting.com/my-table...al-ingredients
AWR
Veteran Member

2013-02-22, 03:42

Soup sounds good. Love the simple flavors of Tuscan cooking - now that I think of it, I'm pretty addicted to food generally, Italian especially, and Tuscan-style cooking in particular.

I'm also addicted to ali-oli: http://www.worldsofflavorspain.com/node/748

I always use an egg and handheld electric mixer to simply the process (which essentially turns ali-oli into garlic mayo). A favorite dish of mine is al dente De Cecco spaghetti, tossed in a saute pan with some nice olive oil, crushed garlic, a lot of crushed red pepper, and salt; served with a bit of grated Parmesan and a side of ali-oli....
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2013-02-22, 03:54

I think I am recently (as of tonight) addicted to Howe Sound's Imperial Stout brewed w/ blackstrap molasses.... aptly named Pothole Filler.

Good. God. Is this stuff good.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2013-02-22, 11:55

For the past couple months, I've been addicted to clementines. I'll snack on the them throughout the day, often eating 2-5 at a time. I've also been eating loads of honeycrisp apples as well. Just can't seem to eat enough of them.

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
tomoe
Veteran Member

2013-02-22, 12:40

Quote:
I know you didn't ask me, but I'll answer anyway. America's Test Kitchen book The Slow Cooker Revolution is the best crockpot book out there. In addition to It has several very useful tips, tricks, and helpful comments throughout the book. Such as when to sear and not sear, which particular meat cuts work best for a dish, how to determine how "hot" your slow-cooker runs, and so on. It's also cheap—you can get it for like $15 from Amazon. ATK recommends the chuck-eye roast in a lot of their slow cooker recipes because of high and even fat distribution. Other cuts they suggest are: blade steaks, flank steak, brisket, steak tips, and short ribs.

Quote:
To sear or not to sear really depends on whether you want the flavor attained from the Maillard reaction and the texture as well. Though in a slow-cooker pot roast I reckon most of that texture would be lost.

Quote:
Oil can spatter into one's face, so they don't mention using it here. Also, they don't want people to "fry" their roast. I'll say what I would do, since a dry pan makes me uncomfortable too.

I would pour a bit (one teaspoon) of oil into a *non-stick* skillet (preferably one with high sides), and then wipe the oil over the whole inside of the skillet, bottom and sides, with a paper towel folded into a square pad. (I think I remember reading once that peanut oil smokes less than other oils, but you might have to google to check on that.) Then, turn the paper towel pad over to its clean side, and remove 99% of the oil from all sides of the skillet (to diminish spatter).

I would probably try to sear 'all' sides of the roast (using medium heat), which might involve actually holding the roast upright with one's hands while searing the narrow sides. The narrow sides should be seared first. If the skillet has too much oil remaining after wiping it off, the oil might start to spatter into one's face/eyes. As I said, that's probably why they don't mention oiling the skillet in the first place - to avoid 'any' problems with spattering into one's face. Good idea to wear eye-glasses of some kind if one wants to try searing all sides of the roast in a skillet that has been even thinly oiled. To avoid the problem of spatter altogether, sear the roast in a dry skillet.
With so little fat, I imagine you'd be hard pressed to get a proper sear, though it does depend on the size of the pan. One really needs enough fat in there for efficiently transferring heat from the pan to all the little nooks and crannies of the meat surface. At the same time, not so much oil the meat starts tasting like the oil being used instead of the flesh itself. There are a few things that can be done to minimize the amount of spatter and prevent the meat from sticking to the pan. First thing is to pat the roast dry using paper towels and remove all surface moisture, otherwise the beef starts to steam instead of sear (surface moisture can cause a lot of spattering). Do this using fresh paper towels until the come back dry. Second thing is to let meat come to room temperature, I usually let meat sit out for about 60 minutes before cooking them, though we have a chilly apartment (curse you SF and your heat sieve bay windows and inefficient radiators). 30 minutes probably works well for most. Third thing is to use a splatter screen. They're amazing...however, depending on the roast's thickness and the pan's depth, one might have to use a deeper pan (Dutch ovens work great for this). Fourth (not really for the splatter control, more to prevent smoking) is to heat the pan you'll be using over a medium flame for a few minutes before adding any oil. Once it's evenly heated, turn the heat up to a medium-high/high flame and add the fat. After 15-30 seconds (right when you see the first wisps of smoke; using this method the oil heats up very quickly), add the meat and cover with splatter screen.

addabox
Veteran Member

2013-02-22, 14:13

I switched to stainless steel pans a while back and it's taken me a while to get the whole hot pan, add oil and allow to heat thing down, but I can get close to non-stick performance when I do it right. One thing is to allow any meat to "release" before trying to turn it-- just letting it do its thing till it lifts easily. Try to rush it and it appears to be cemented to the pan, give a bit and it slides right out.

As far as splatter goes, yeah, a dutch oven sounds ideal, and if I get into this it might be an excuse to pick one up, but for now I have a heavy bottomed stock pot that would probably serve. I got a splatter screen that's perforated stainless instead of that screen mesh stuff, and it's much easier to keep clean.

tomoe
Veteran Member

2013-02-22, 14:42

Quote:
I switched to stainless steel pans a while back and it's taken me a while to get the whole hot pan, add oil and allow to heat thing down, but I can get close to non-stick performance when I do it right.
Yeah, it takes awhile to get it right and depends on (at a minimum) the oil, pan, and stove top. Change any of those three and chances are the timing has to be altered. The only real way to get it down is through trial and error. Hell, I had to relearn it recently when we moved into our new apartment because it has an older stove that is pretty fickle with its flame settings.

Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-02-23, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
I know you didn't ask me, but I'll answer anyway. America's Test Kitchen book The Slow Cooker Revolution is the best crockpot book out there. In addition to It has several very useful tips, tricks, and helpful comments throughout the book. Such as when to sear and not sear, which particular meat cuts work best for a dish, how to determine how "hot" your slow-cooker runs, and so on. It's also cheap—you can get it for like $15 from Amazon. ATK recommends the chuck-eye roast in a lot of their slow cooker recipes because of high and even fat distribution. Other cuts they suggest are: blade steaks, flank steak, brisket, steak tips, and short ribs.
Thanks for mentioning that cookbook. I think I remember seeing that title several times in the past. It may have been at a bookstore like Borders, and probably at the time cost a small fortune, so I made do without it. Since I've confessed to being addicted to such books though, you can imagine that I am looking forward to examining a copy. And there is nothing culinary I value more than the *reason* behind cooking strategies. I want to know *why* a method is recommended, and any bookbook that gives 'reasons' with its tips is worth its weight in... ummm... dark chocolate.

Also, I googled a 'cuts of beef' page and found the link below. The chuck eye cut is mentioned 21st in the list, if I counted correctly. I'd heard of ribeye and chuck, but I must have overlooked the term chuck eye. A fairly good list for showing the various cuts, especially because it has little pictures of each. If you know of a better list, one more suited for cooks, please post it.

http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/c...tcutsbeef.html
Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-03-29, 18:53

Not exactly addicted, but in the habit of consuming the following:

tangelo - easy to peel, so nice to eat while tv watching. Juicy and delicious, seems to cleanse the palate.

green seedless grapes - again, fresh and juicy, same as above, except no need to peel, of course.

trail mix - raisins, peanuts, m&ms, and almonds covered in dark chocolate

cottage cheese and sliced tomato - vine ripened tomato with vine still attached

strawberries with whipped cream topping and those little cake cups

Easy stuff, fresh, and no cooking needed
Ryan
Veteran Member

2013-03-29, 19:52

Quote:
tangelo - easy to peel, so nice to eat while tv watching. Juicy and delicious, seems to cleanse the palate.
That's how grapefruits are to me. Just bought a fifteen pound bag—when they're in season down here that only costs about four bucks.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2013-04-04, 09:44

I wouldn't say addicted but anytime my wife buys these, they're gone in 4-5 days flat, which is not good.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-09-15, 17:24

Raspberry iced tea.

Medium-size is only $1 from 2-5pm at Taco Bell while the special lasts.

Very tasty and a good deal, while you're out driving around running errands in the car.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2013-09-15, 17:51

Strawberry cheesecake Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I'm oblivious to the world when I have this in my hands.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-09-15, 17:52

looking for shit I can't afford on Craigslist.

Last edited by Brave Ulysses : 2013-09-15 at 20:04.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2013-09-15, 18:18

Seltzer water with lemon juice and Angostura bitters.
zippy
Veteran Member

2013-09-15, 18:22

Rademaker Hopjes Coffee candies

They taste like a cream and sugared coffee. I like my real coffee black, but that would taste nasty in a candy.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-01-30, 18:04

I have been addicted to watching HGTV (Home and Garden Network) for about six weeks. I even decided to make a thread about the HGTV programs to see if anyone else likes any of the shows that channel offers.

I love seeing a horrible property renovated into something utterly gorgeous. The renovated kitchens are truly a feast for the eyes, imo.

Last edited by Windswept : 2014-01-30 at 18:51.
AWR
Veteran Member

2014-01-31, 03:40

Nice shot, windswept. I would love a space like that. Good shape provides a lot of work space without unnecessary movement. If you get in touch with these people, feel free to suggest AWR and this kitchen/dining area (bah, the whole apartment) if they ask.
murbot
Hoonigan

2014-01-31, 11:40

Coconut oil.

I've been making coffee lately with a tbsp of it in there, 1-2 tbsp of cream, a dash of vanilla, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a bit of honey. Blast the shit out of it my little Magic Bullet blender so it froths up and the oil doesn't sit on top.

SO. GOOD.