User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

What is the delay behind the video iPod?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What is the delay behind the video iPod?
i_love_ipods

2005-09-08, 01:18

As an iPod freak myself, I was awaiting the release or anticipating the Sept. 20th release of the video iPod. Now it has been a hard few months, as I have been waiting for a long time now. I sold my only prized possession a few months back, that's right my iPod. I sold my 40GB iPod which had 33GB of music on it, waiting and waiting for the future release of the video iPod. And rushing to find out the news of the Sept. 7th special event, I have to say I was very disappointed. I am certain that most iPod lovers out there weren't expecting nor were they wanting a new version of the iPod mini which is now iPod nano. I can vouch that it has a sleek and sexy design, yet it has only comes in pathetic 2 or 4GB forms. And now I am hearing talk that the video iPod is going to be released some time in the future. Which pretty much means who knows when and/or is there even a video iPod? So now, all I guess I can do is sit and wait, as my music collection builds and with no iPod to put it on. And that's right, I am starting to look at other products now besides Apple, because I just don't know how much longer I can wait. But I can tell you this, if Apple wants to keep most of their valued iPod lovers, they better release a video iPod soon. And it better be good. From all the rumors and all this time we have been waiting, they are due to release a magnificent product that we all have been anticipating for months, even years. And I'll tell you what, if the video iPod was all just hype and myth....I know my love for the iPod will be headed down the gutter real quick. I still have faith for the release of a wicked product, but I am started to lean towards companies like Creative and iRiver, because they seem to be keeping up on the advancements in portable media technology.

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-09-08, 01:21

Two reasons:

1) The technology isn't there yet to make it reasonable

2) The technology isn't there yet to make it reasonable

And then there's the technology problem...

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-09-08, 01:22

http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=8523

Existing thread with plenty of video iPod discussion.
You should repost in that thread, as this one is getting locked.
And when you repost, I'd suggest adding some paragraph breaks, as your one big paragraph is very hard to read.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-09-08, 01:25

If you were disappointed or upset about the lack of a video iPod's release this week, you only have yourself to blame. Apple has made no indications of releasing such a device. The "talk" you're hearing is no more reliable than the Weekly World News.

Quote:
But I can tell you this, if Apple wants to keep most of their valued iPod lovers, they better release a video iPod soon. And it better be good.
Ah, threats. I bet the iPod team and ol' Steve are shakin' in their boots now!

Oh yeah, dancing lock time!!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.