User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iPhoto HELP

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhoto HELP
nathanaaron02

2005-04-01, 11:34

I'm sure people have asked this before (and I LOVE Apple, but their user guides are as bad as PCs/Windows; barely any info. IMHO) Anyway, right now I have some private photos, and some personal photos of friends, etc. in iPhoto. But they all come up when you open the library; and I'm wanting to break them down, so you only see what photos you want to see, depending on what you select. I realize you can do this via albums/folders, but the library is still there with everything in one big grouping (sort of... hold on.) The library lists it's breakdowns in years, 2005, 2004, 2003, etc. Can you get it to NOT do this? The pics have no particular date given to them anyway; so I'm not sure where they're getting the date (is it the date they were loaded on your computer, or downloaded, or?) How can I take all these calendars for each year, and move all the pics into ONE calendar/folder. Say for example, right now I have four library calendars 2004-2001; they all have similar pics in it I would LIKE to have in just ONE library. NOW, when I loaded all these pics onto the PB, they were all in ONE folder on my cd; but they were broken down into four calendar folders by iPhoto for some reason, and I don't want that.

I guess iPhoto library (I'm thinking as I type here, sorry) is like the library in iTunes. One library for EVERYTHING, no matter what it is. And then, like you can created playlists, you can create albums with folders in those, for breaking down your pics. Ok, makes a little more sense. BUT how can I get the library to just dump them ALL into ONE calendar folder, so I don't have this "2005, 2004, 2003, everyday list, 2001, etc." sub list under the main library section. It's annoying, at least to me. If I can figure that one out, that would probably solve my problem, for the most part. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-04-01, 11:40

File -> New Album? Drag all photos in there?

Wouldn't this give you the same functionality as just clicking the main Library folder of which the calendar folders are just smart folders driving from the main library? Maybe I'm missing something?

The date used by iPhoto is the date attached to the file.

If you just want to look at all photos at once, just click the main library link above the calendar folders.
nathanaaron02

2005-04-01, 12:02

It's probably called being anal retentive. LOL Ah well!