QuickTime 7.0.1 in Software Update

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
QuickTime 7.0.1 in Software Update
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-02, 00:17

the usual blurb:

Quote:
QuickTime 7.0.1 provides several important bug fixes, a security enhancement, and improved compatibility with Final Cut Studio. This update is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users. For detailed information on the security enhancement, please visit this website:

http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798

Important Notice to QuickTime Pro Users
Installation of QuickTime 7 will disable the QuickTime Pro functionality in prior versions of QuickTime, such as QuickTime 5 or QuickTime 6. If you proceed with this installation, you must purchase a new QuickTime 7 Pro key to regain QuickTime Pro functionality. After installation, visit www.apple.com/quicktime to purchase a QuickTime 7 Pro key.
Downloading now! I wonder if this fixes that H.264 keyframe bug...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-02, 00:47

No problems after installation. The BOM is absolutely huge. It looks like it's reinstalling everything from scratch based on all the files listed.

One weird thing, though, is that QTP launched itself after I rebooted. I believe that happened when I installed QT7 on a 10.3 machine too...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2005-06-02, 21:13

I'm running OS 10.3.9 and after updating QuickTime Pro to 7.0.1, I also encountered the automatic launch after reboot. Not sure why it did that.

I downloaded QT 7 the day it was available for Panther and I have had no issues with it, so I wasn't waiting for an update to cure anything (though I remember you called it crash-happy so I guess it needed a few tweaks). I find it strange that Apple is taking so long to get QT 7 for Windows out the door. We're already getting updates while Windows users don't even have a release rumour to go on. This must be creating (additional) resentment towards QuickTime within certain sections of the Windows community.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-03, 01:37

Hmm... I'm having some peculiar QT issues. Anyone who has installed 7.0.1, does my link on this page properly open and play in Safari in 10.4? It works fine with QT 7.0.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-06-03, 01:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Hmm... I'm having some peculiar QT issues. Anyone who has installed 7.0.1, does my link on this page properly open and play in Safari in 10.4? It works fine with QT 7.0.
OK in 7.0.1
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-03, 01:39

Hrm. Okay, thanks.

Found the problem. Corrupted Safari preference file. Weird.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-06-03, 16:14

Mine pulled the auto launch trick too, it wasn't in "start up items" in sys preferences either. Very weird. I just have regular QT too, no pro. Other than that, everything seems to be in order.

Come waste your time with me
astatine

Send a message via AIM to astatine  
2005-06-03, 23:12

It launched on first boot for me too then again so did 7.0. It hasn't launched on boot since though.