User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 76 of 77 First Previous 72 73 74 75 [76] 77  Next Thread Tools
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-12-04, 10:39

I've always liked Nintendo for the Mario and Zelda games. The Wii U has the Virtual Console, right? That's the main thing for me. It's about time that Nintendo finally went HD as well. The launch titles are pretty weak, to be honest, but I think that in the next several months, there could be some good options. How is the hand held game gear looking thing on battery life? Can you play the Virtual Console on that?

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-12-04, 11:15

The virtual console isn't available now. I will be added in the "future"... It's not talked that much by Nintendo. I guess it's not coming anytime soon and you'll have to wait a couple of months. But who knows...

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-12-28, 05:15

I got 5 new games as Christmas gifts and just decided to put in one of them to play it (Little Big Planet 2). It has 19 updates to install. I hate you, Playstation. Why can't I at least download them in the background while I do something else?

My iPad has been becoming my primary gaming device lately, and this is one of the big reasons why. I don't have to install an update for one of my iOS games until I'm good and ready.

Now I fear putting in the other games. Two of the others are older games too, so I'm betting I'll have a similar experience with those.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-12-28, 10:08

Playstation is the worst. XBox is bad too, but not PS3 bad. I haven't used them in forever for that reason alone, like you.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2013-02-06, 21:15

After one year without a TV, I finally splurged on one with my tax return money and hooked my PS3 back up. Currently, I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which I never finished. I also ordered Borderlands 2. If anyone is looking to play BL2 online, my PSN ID is nikkudesu.

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
Foj
Veteran Member

2013-02-06, 23:52

Playing Resident Evil 6.

Picked up Dead Space 3, will get around to it eventually.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2013-02-07, 10:30

I've never started so many games at the same time. Usually I'm a one game guy 'till I finish it. Here's what I got started : Half-Life 2, Just Cause 2, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Devil May Cry 1 (HD Collection)... I just have too many games to play right now. I've been buying bundles and huge deals on Steam... So I'm playing on my new MBP on the windows side, with my PS3 controller. It's nice 'till I get a gaming PC. I don't think I'll buy another console. Unless Sony unveil th3 B0mB!! on febuary 20th.

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
¡Damned!

2013-02-07, 18:01

Since we're in Minecraft limbo right now and I have about a million games I've been putting off:

Painkiller Black Edition. Since I had to install Windows 7 on my Mac (via Parallels) for a project I thought I'd try a couple of games out that I used to run through Crossover but got fucked up (wouldn't run for whatever reason) half-way into the game.

So far, so good. I may even install Steam and pick up a small title just to see how it goes.

So it goes.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-02-07, 18:08

I played the new SimCity beta a bit 2 weekends ago when i received my (very short) invite.

It's a beautiful game but there are a lot of issues with its realism (density, traffic, etc) and the max city size is extremely small.... scaled your city can only be a max of about 1 mile by 1 mile which is seemingly ridiculously to have highways, skyscrapers, trains, airports, etc within.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2013-02-07, 18:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Since we're in Minecraft limbo right now and I have about a million games I've been putting off:

Painkiller Black Edition. Since I had to install Windows 7 on my Mac (via Parallels) for a project I thought I'd try a couple of games out that I used to run through Crossover but got fucked up (wouldn't run for whatever reason) half-way into the game.

So far, so good. I may even install Steam and pick up a small title just to see how it goes.
Just don't get any other Painkiller games. They are all horrible.

I wasn't even a huge fan of Black Edition but the other ones in the series are universally hated.
¡Damned!

2013-02-07, 18:35

I loved what I was able to get through in Crossover, but that experience didn't even make it to the 3rd boss before it broke.

I've heard the same about the latter games too. Shame. It's an incredibly beautiful game.

One thing I do like about the level concept is that you can't play the hardest one until you've finished the second-hardest one. With games generally giving 5 levels of play-through from Easy, Normal, Hard, Fuck You & Death, Forever I'll always start on Fuck You, and if I like it enough go back and play through at the hardest level. This is one of the few games that gives you reason for that.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-02-07, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
I played the new SimCity beta a bit 2 weekends ago when i received my (very short) invite.

It's a beautiful game but there are a lot of issues with its realism (density, traffic, etc) and the max city size is extremely small.... scaled your city can only be a max of about 1 mile by 1 mile which is seemingly ridiculously to have highways, skyscrapers, trains, airports, etc within.
You like SimCity? Jesus, BU, you should join us in MineCraft. You'd squee.

Actually - everyone should join us in MC. Y'all have no idea what you're missing.

also: shut the fuck up Moogs. Just join and fart around for a while ffs. Once you try, you're hooked.

So it goes.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-02-07, 19:59

Quote:
You like SimCity? Jesus, BU, you should join us in MineCraft. You'd squee.
I'm a SimCity addict. I'm an Architect and planner.

Never even looked in the Minecraft forum... honestly have no idea what it is
¡Damned!

2013-02-07, 20:03

Fuuuuuu.

You. Will. Die.

(figuratively) (and literally in-game)
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-02-07, 20:30

A real architect? JOIN JOIN JOIN
Foj
Veteran Member

2013-06-24, 10:04

So far I'm liking The Last of Us. Still early in the story, but it's getting good.

Even though it's 'on hold' at the moment, I'm still loving Ni No Kuni.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MznAY8Es5c

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2013-06-25, 08:22

FTL.

No game has made me this angry in a long time. (that's good though)
Foj
Veteran Member

2013-09-28, 22:43

So I picked up Scrolls the other day. Any one else playing it? This may take away some of my Minecraft playing time.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2013-09-29, 09:58

I picked up a Wii U Zelda bundle last week. It was a great deal and I had been wanting both so it was an easy decision. I also picked up ZombiU and Resident Evil. My girlfriend preordered the new Mario game coming out in November.

My one gripe with Nintendo/Wii is that the virtual console games that I've bought on my 3DS are not transferable to the Wii U and I have to rebuy all of them. You would think they would have it set up to where you could just log into your account and then just redownload them. Pretty annoying.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2014-07-15, 08:03

Thread necromancy!

I got a real itch for Fallout 3 last night. My gaming PC is out of commission so I ran out to Gamestop to pick it up. $15 new for the GOTY edition. I played probably 20 hours of it before I stopped last time (I have this thing with RPGs where I get so far off the main quest, I forget what it is. I do some side quests then stop playing for a while... Then I pick them back up) and it holds up remarkably well.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
becca

Send a message via AIM to becca  
2014-07-15, 08:25

I have been struggling through Black Flag. Sieging Charles-Towne.... such headache.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2014-07-15, 14:14

Was watching someone play Assassin's Creed III recently, and... I can't remember the last time I actually regretted not having a week to just dive into a game like that. It looked fabulous.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-07-15, 14:52

I play Minecraft.
Have won it three times so far.
Everybody is jealous.

becca

2014-07-15, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Was watching someone play Assassin's Creed III recently, and... I can't remember the last time I actually regretted not having a week to just dive into a game like that. It looked fabulous.
Honestly?

AC II is the most perfect game to me. It's SO GOOD. I didn't play III, but IV has been interesting.

IV tastes a bit more meta than the others... But it doesn't matter because pirates!

But the multiplayer is pretty lacking. Feels like you're playing a glorified version of hide and go seek over and over and over.

I like to play nicely.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-15, 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I play Minecraft.
Have won it three times so far.
Everybody is jealous.

Only 3??

What a noob!
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2014-07-15, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Honestly?

AC II is the most perfect game to me. It's SO GOOD. I didn't play III, but IV has been interesting.

IV tastes a bit more meta than the others... But it doesn't matter because pirates!

But the multiplayer is pretty lacking. Feels like you're playing a glorified version of hide and go seek over and over and over.
I can see that. That's okay, this kid was doing everything BUT hide. He was laughing his ass off running around, smacking soldiers into following him, letting the one sprinter get pulled out of the group, dispatching them alone, running ahead, setting a mine, and watching them all fall down. At one point, he took out, jeez... 30? 35? at one shot in an alley that way, by deliberately triggering group after group into chasing him, and taking out the fast ones individually.

Also, the hanging off the yardarm technique was just beautiful. He'd crouch on one of the beams coming out of the buildings, lasso a soldier around the neck, then jump off backwards, hoisting them up. One alley ended up looking like a French Revolution gallows by the time he was done.

Pretty sure that's not the point of the game, but the non-linearity and flexibility was astounding.
becca

2014-07-15, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Also, the hanging off the yardarm technique was just beautiful. He'd crouch on one of the beams coming out of the buildings, lasso a soldier around the neck, then jump off backwards, hoisting them up. One alley ended up looking like a French Revolution gallows by the time he was done.

Pretty sure that's not the point of the game, but the non-linearity and flexibility was astounding.
Duuuuude. Dude. The next AC is going to be IN the French Revolution!!!! I am so stoked because 1) how awesome a time period and I cannot WAIT to see some guillotine action, and 2) they FINALLY get multiplayer figured out. Currently, it's like a mini game with your friends, but it is NOT like the campaign. In AC: Unity, they are going to actually let you play with your friends during the story. Love!!!!

If you're even remotely interested, I do have a Twitch channel, and Black Flag is the only game on there right now. XBox and Twitch don't get along at this exact moment, so some of my most recent broadcasts weren't saved, but I'm going to troubleshoot tonight, and I should be able to get back up and running for more gaming~

I like to play nicely.
¡Damned!

2024-02-16, 14:07

Big 'ol bump! It's the thing to do today.

I'm a couple of decades* late, but I finished my very first run-through of Halo 2 last night. It was pretty great. I've played through Combat Evolved more times than I care to say, but I picked up the Master Chief Collection last year through one of Steam's semi-annual sales and I've found some time to jump into the other 5(!) games. It's a blast – new weapons, new vehicles, dual wielding (which I didn't like at first but got used to), and most importantly, more story. Fun!

* Technically, only half a decade since its been released for PC. I haven't owned a game console since the Atari 2600.

So it goes.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2024-02-16, 22:44

Have been playing Baldur’s Gate 3, still on my first play through and love it so far. First time playing a game from this series.
¡Damned!

2024-03-22, 10:34

Quote:
... I've found some time to jump into the other 5(!) games.
Finished Halo 3: ODST last night. No Master Chief, but I fully enjoyed the surprising and familiar cast they used for the voice acting: Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and Alan Tudyk from Firefly, and Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Galactica. Fun!

So it goes.