User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 74 of 77 First Previous 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77  Next Thread Tools
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-02-29, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
let me second that, and follow-up with a simple question:

if i have a pile of ROM's, is that thing then able to play them? Because if so, holy crap.
Yeah, that's what I meant; ROM's. I couldn't think of the name off the top of my head.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-02-29, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Woah woah woah. What the hell is that?! That looks amazing. Can you load any NES game that works on an emulator on that? I would love to have some Zelda or Tecmo Bowl on the go. How's the battery life?
I'm not sure about the battery life yet. I've not really used it enough to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
let me second that, and follow-up with a simple question:

if i have a pile of ROM's, is that thing then able to play them? Because if so, holy crap.
Yeah, basically. The built-in SNES emulator is pretty terrible, but there's a Linux distro (Dingux) that has much better emulators and can be easily dual-booted, if you have a microSD card.

The built-in GBA emulator isn't bad, though, so games that got ported from SNES to GBA (Super Mario World, Link to the Past) work decently there. Until I get dual-booting set up, I'll just play the GBA versions.

I should probably note that there are a shit ton of devices like this on the market, but the A320 is generally considered best-in-class. That's why I went for it over the others.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-02-29, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Oh and Foj I KNOW I NEED TO FRIEND YOU ON PSN. My PS3 isn't working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I've been thinking about picking up Batman Arkham City and Arkham Asylum. I've heard they're both awesome games but I haven't had a chance to play a lot lately.
They are both awesome. Just finished Arkham City recently.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-03-01, 09:34

A DS or a PSP are good alternatives for ROMs too. I played a lot of megamans on my psp. Guess they're pretty cheap now... and can do other things.

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-03-01, 11:33

That's true, but what I like about the Dingoo is that I don't have to worry about a new game requiring a firmware update that breaks my emulators. It's also a lot smaller than those devices.

On the other hand, the button quality isn't quite as good, and the Engrish menus are a little weird. (For example, the emulators are under an option titled "Interesting Game.")

To each his own, though. I'd love to have a PSP (or a Vita) as well, but I really enjoy having a dedicated emulator device.
¡Damned!

2012-03-01, 12:36

So, are the MAMEs from old-school MacMAME something that I could use with this? Because, BurgerTime.
JohnnyTheA

2012-03-01, 23:43

Playing Kard Cobat or IOS on my iPad. Pretty damn good strategy card game....
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-03-02, 07:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
So, are the MAMEs from old-school MacMAME something that I could use with this? Because, BurgerTime.
There's no MAME installed by default, but Google tells me there are a few options for running MAME on it. I don't have any good MAME ROMs (nor have I tried to find any), so I haven't really looked any farther into it than that.

Also, I started TLoZ: The Minish Cap last night. It works great in the native GBA emulator, and I'm looking forward to playing it more.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2012-03-03, 17:05

Thanks to this stupid nerve compression neuropathy that has my left hand all screwed up, I wasn't able to finish Mass Effect 2 yet, so I won't be able to get ME3 on launch.

TylerL

2012-03-13, 12:27

Now I am playing battle field 3 and I heard about gaming cheat. Some player use this type of cheat and they never loose. Just I wanna know about gaming cheat. Is it ethical ?
¡Damned!

2012-03-13, 15:04

HER ARETEH CODEZ: LInk
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2012-03-13, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
HER ARETEH CODEZ: LInk
Youre link iz brokn.
¡Damned!

2012-03-13, 15:41

Aww. Brad is corupt.
ggnorekthx

2012-03-19, 15:38

I am currently playing a few different games. I recently bought a PSP and splurged on a bunch of RPGs and such. So I'm playing Disgaea, Legend of Heroes, and Ys: Oath in Felghana. I actually bought Skylanders for the Wii, too. (It was $35 at Toys 'R' Us last week.) Neat game, even if it is meant for a younger crowd. Playing Skyrim and a bit of Amalur on PC still, as well.
gsxrboy

2012-05-28, 18:48

Playing lots of Pinball Arcade (yay for universal builds!)

Loving playing the old tables from years back. They have a kickstarter going to raise licensing funds for Twilight Zone, which is rated on www.ipdb.org, as the highest of happy times for pinball lovers.

I'm looking forward to some of my favs like Whitewater and Fish Tales!
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-05-28, 19:54

Still on NHL12. I can't get off this thing. I didn't even finish Skyrim and I switched back. I got like 4 games unplayed waiting in the tv stand. Pathetic... Guess I'll stop when 13 will get out.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2012-05-30, 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
Playing lots of Pinball Arcade (yay for universal builds!)

Loving playing the old tables from years back. They have a kickstarter going to raise licensing funds for Twilight Zone, which is rated on www.ipdb.org, as the highest of happy times for pinball lovers.

I'm looking forward to some of my favs like Whitewater and Fish Tales!
I have this for my VITA and the developers did an excellent job on the boards.

I've been playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss on VITA as well as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Cool games for sure, but I'm ready for the next round of good games to appear. Snagged the demo for Resistance: Burning Skies, but this has received mixed reviews so at this point I'm not expecting much.

Pure Chess came out yesterday for $8 and happily/sadly, may have been the best release of the week.

At least the Gravity Rush demo came out yesterday so I can give that a spin before the release on 6/12.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2012-05-30, 08:27

I just finished Swordigo for iOS. It was kind of like a Zelda style action/platformer. It was pretty fun. I picked it up awhile back in one of those free-for-a-day promotions. I don't know how much it normally is, but it was a fun play. Challenging when it needed to be. I'm still trying to get 100% in the game, which is difficult and will take some grinding.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2012-06-02, 20:40

Galaxy on Fire 2. Fantastic graphics, good game play, can't stop playing.

And most important of all an easy setting, just right for us old codgers.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2012-07-16, 22:26

After nearly a year, I've picked up Mass Effect 2 again. I am very close to finishing and I don't want to do it. I'm reluctant to go through the Omega relay so I'm just wasting time around the galaxy. After a few minutes re-acclimating to the controls, I got right back into it. Swearing at my teammates and all. Fun game. Now I've got to prowl for a cheap copy of ME3 and avoid all spoilers until I get through the trilogy.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-07-16, 23:23

Had some money in my Steam wallet, so I picked up several games for cheap that were on sale.

For about $15 I picked up:

Dungeon Defenders
Terraria
Scratches
Still Life 1 & 2
Lucas Arts Adventure 4 pack

Plus, someone on my friend list gifted Syberia 1 & 2 to me, so I have plenty of pc gaming going for a little while.

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2012-07-23, 07:38

Has anyone played the Skyrim DLC? Recommendations?
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-08-23, 17:35

I'm playing a ridiculous amount of NBA Jam on my iPhone. I spend a lot of time holding my son while he sleeps, so that's usually how I pass the time.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2012-09-08, 21:59

I picked up Super Hexagon today. Only 99¢ for a couple of days. My record is 17.1 seconds. Freakin' awesome game. 99¢?!? What is the world coming to when I can get such a highly produced game for less than a pack of gum?
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-09-10, 13:07

Lagging a little bit on my 3GS which makes it unplayable. Wouldn't say highly produced... How can simples lines make my phone lag ? I played some decent 3D games on it. Think the guy need to clean up his code.

But the concept is addictive. I think you get bored of it pretty quickly but it's still fun at first. Worth the 99¢
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2012-09-10, 14:23

Last weekend I got sufficiently excited about Project Giana to back the kickstarter and install Windows on my iMac. And now I find myself playing Giana's Return while waiting for the folks at Black Forest Games to actually finnish Project Giana sometime this october. It's just a shame that the Windows version doesn't work on 64 bit and the OS X version only works in old school low res without any option for full screen mode. Which is quite annoying on a Mac that doesn't support resolutions under 800*600. Well, the zoom function can make it playable.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2012-09-10, 14:32

Guild Wars 2, now that it's official. So far, as someone who only started playing MMO's with vanilla WoW, I'm pretty impressed.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2012-09-11, 14:15

+1 for Guild Wars 2, that's why you haven't seen me on MC recently. By far the most engaging MMO I've ever played. There's just so much to do in Tyria.

Alci what server are you on? I'm on Yak's Bend, which is a wee bit overpopulated, but it's where all my friends are.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2012-09-11, 15:50

I don't actually know, I'll have to check tonight. I like that there's no monthly fee. Given my gaming schedule these days it can easily be weeks between when I'm able to play, and I hate feeling like I'm wasting money.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2012-09-11, 18:45

No monthly fee is huge, I agree. Do you play with friends or do you just make friends for dungeons as you play?

If you're not tied to your server I would like to invite you to my server and my guild, but I understand if you don't want to drop the 1800 gems for a server transfer. My guild is pretty active and we play a lot.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.