Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Need Business Name...Please Help !!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Need Business Name...Please Help !!!
HoTT RoDeR

Send a message via AIM to HoTT RoDeR  
2005-01-12, 14:15

I haven't posted since before AppleNova switched from AppleInsider.org...

Anyway I have been busy in a partnership that in a long story short isn't working. I've decided to go my own way and now I'm in need of a name and can't seem to come up with anything that has the "THAT'S IT !!!"

I would like to portray PHOTOGRAPHY, GRAPHIC DESIGN, ADVERTISEMENT, ETC and would like a short, concise name that pretty much covers all those fields.

So far the best I have come up with which I really like are "Digital Touch" or maybe "Digital Designs" but I feel the latter one comes across too "professional" and the first comes across as "warm and original" instead. Maybe "DT Photography" with the D=Digital and the T=Touch.

Please help with all your ideas even if you think they may be dumb as they may help lead to a final decision. Thank you all for your help.

"Experience is the worst teacher in life. It gives the test before presenting the lesson."
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2005-01-12, 19:15

Some of the best 'media' based companies don't use a name that reflects what they do.

So don't feel limited to digi-new-aged-crap names. ..

And while I'm here. .. .

How about 'HR Reflections' ??? (HR = hott roder)

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!
autodata
hustlin

2005-01-12, 19:22

Just buy this book: 22 immutable laws of branding.

Included in that book is a section (really a whole other book in itself) called the 11 immutable laws of internet marketing.

It's a really easy and fun read with a whole, whole lot of real-world examples and pictures. It should only take you a couple of days to read the book cover to cover and it will tell you everything you need to know.
HoTT RoDeR

Send a message via AIM to HoTT RoDeR  
2005-01-12, 19:31

What do you guys think of "Picture This" or "You're Framed" ???

If you like them, do you think they will come across with some sense of professionalism but having a "funny" catching tone?

"Experience is the worst teacher in life. It gives the test before presenting the lesson."
Kyle.esq

2005-01-15, 15:12

Out of those two choices, I would stick with "Picture this"

Your Framed, however, sounds like a bad name for a buisness. Think about the name for a second... if nothing comes to your mind; tell that to your friend randomly!

Also Picture this sounds more professional. Framing is easier (you know putting the pic in a fram where as picture this sounds like you are dedicating more time to making a pic or whatever...working with client...)

(Im in a rush) So if you are a little confused by my analysis PM me. I will be glad to clarify.
Kyle.esq

2005-01-15, 15:13

"picture this" is kinda like a question; shows that you are working with your client toward a goal (with your prof. advise and his/her taste)
Igorot Warrior

2005-01-17, 20:53

Company names with numbers are pretty catchy (some new high end restarants have numbers at the end)....so give that a shot. You can even try integrating your address number somewhere in the name to personalize it.

"War just in the ring...peace on Earth" - Vanderlei Silva